PDA

View Full Version : Small Question About Staves

Kupi
May 20, 2006, 11:11 PM
To the Beta testers out there: was there any Force-related statistical benefit to equipping a staff-type item (either of the two)? Any increase in TAP or MST? If not, that may explain why the difference in TAP between the races is so much greater than the difference in ATP; casters rely entirely on their base TAP, while physical attackers get both their own ATP and that of their weapon.

Speaking of which... this bit of speculation doesn't have any root in precedent, but does it seem like guns are based on ATA now? Did there seem to be any correlation between increased ATA and gun damage, if ATP was held constant? Not that there's any ability to test it now, but if anyone noticed, I'd like to know.

Tycho
May 21, 2006, 01:14 AM
Wands and Rods do increase TAP. Using a Force that has either of the two equiped is the only way to be able to cast at all though.

Lyrise
May 21, 2006, 12:51 PM
And on a side note, grinding said staff does as well. Raises it by a LOT (I'm talking at least +150) if you take it a few levels up.

Bastille
May 21, 2006, 12:54 PM
Hopefully grinding will allow for things besides rasing ATP since it makes pure techer like myself find no point in grinding things if we never attack

Kyuu
May 21, 2006, 04:26 PM
I believe that Lyrise meant that grinding rods/wands increases the amount they raise your TAP. I could be wrong..

Tycho
May 21, 2006, 05:26 PM
You're right, Kyuu. For casting weapons, grinding does increase the TAP boost rather than the ATP boost, and in either case it also increases the weapon's maximum PP value.

Kyuu
May 21, 2006, 08:38 PM
Hrm, then by that logic, does grinding guns give an ATA boost rather than an ATP boost? Possibly not, since an ATP boost is still valuable even on a gun, but since force weapons get the TAP boost instead, it does bring up the question.

REJ-
May 22, 2006, 09:50 PM
Perhaps guns get an ATP and an ATA bonus from grinding, since thy're both important.