PDA

View Full Version : Meseta

REJ-
May 21, 2006, 12:02 AM
What's the limit to how much you can have?

It'd better not be 999,999 again. I hope that it has no limit, or at least, just have a high limit.

Witchblade56
May 21, 2006, 05:30 AM
You know if it were set at 999,999,999 that would be nice.

Tystys
May 21, 2006, 07:36 AM
On 2006-05-20 22:02, REJ- wrote:
What's the limit to how much you can have?

It'd better not be 999,999 again. I hope that it has no limit, or at least, just have a high limit.

What's wrong with that limit?

Deaf360
May 21, 2006, 07:53 AM
i hope it is higher than 999,999 i wpuld like it to be 999,999,999 too b/c...in PSU u need meseta for almost everything!

mechatra
May 21, 2006, 08:04 AM
In player shops, you can price items two digits higher than the original limit, so that's probably going to be the max.

Saner
May 21, 2006, 10:23 AM
there are more things to buy and even clothes can cost over 10,000.

considering people will also be buying weapons, spending money for synthesis, etc. the limit should increase to 999,999,999.

but 999,999 might not be so bad if you balance your spending. if you hit the limit, you should spend some of what you have before hunting for more meseta.

Hyda
May 21, 2006, 10:30 AM
even so, whether or not the max is 999,999,999 or 999,999 some ppl are just to spendy so like Saner said just balence your spending, or just set yourself a limit not to go below if you need the money

Bastille
May 21, 2006, 12:51 PM
If the player shop limit is 99,999,999 then it is pretty safe to assume the limit is at least 999,999,999 to allow for meseta to not be lost if they sell stuff beside that one expensive item

Blitzkommando
May 21, 2006, 02:48 PM
Is meseta as easy to come by in PSU? Because, if it is as easy to get as it was in the previous versions then there is really no problem no matter what the limit happens to be.

Axios-
May 21, 2006, 02:51 PM
Nonono, I'm hearing that it's pretty hard to earn and very easy to spend, quite the opposite of PSO.

Dre_o
May 21, 2006, 04:13 PM
On 2006-05-21 12:51, Axios- wrote:
Nonono, I'm hearing that it's pretty hard to earn and very easy to spend, quite the opposite of PSO.

Quite accurate. It takes lots of money to synthesise/buy weapons/buy clothes/ all other stuff.

REJ-
May 21, 2006, 04:30 PM
If the shop limit is 99,999,999 then that means the limit was increased. Anything higher than 99,999 is good enough.

Tystys
May 21, 2006, 05:24 PM
I'm pretty sure the limit is going to be a little more higher than it originally was in PSO...
I mean look at the damn prices for clothes! lol

Saner
May 22, 2006, 06:46 PM
lol ya and that's for each piece of clothes!

still, I don't think we'll even need to spend 100,000 for a set of clothes.

so there might be enough money as long as you manage it.

because even I won't spend 999,999 meseta on just clothes all at once! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Axios-
May 22, 2006, 06:48 PM
I would. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chicken.gif

zandra117
May 22, 2006, 09:16 PM
As soon as I get online im gonna go on an accessory shopping spree, Im getting cat ears for my female beast first, She will have dog ears as her normal ears because they blend in with her hair. That way when I get the cat ears accesory she will look like she only has 2 ears instead of 4.

Tystys
May 22, 2006, 09:17 PM
ENOUGH WITH DAH EARS, O_O

SirenV
May 23, 2006, 12:10 AM
Here, Tystys, I bought you something, I hope you like them! Opa! *Places cat ears firmly on Tystys head* Oh wait... you don't like them.. but you can't return them.. and I sort of, um, used your meseta *runs*

As much as cat ears can be annoying, Rika did have them. So in terms of the Phantasy Star universe it's acceptable, I guess.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SirenV on 2006-05-22 22:11 ]</font>

REJ-
May 23, 2006, 08:43 PM
Elf ears...

SirenV
May 23, 2006, 09:07 PM
What? XD

Numnuttz
May 23, 2006, 10:07 PM
im lookin forward to neko ears too. i can imagine it now. my female force with neko ears. thats gonna look good.

Fleece
May 23, 2006, 10:44 PM
Great, Everytime i see a PSO - Worlder with Cat ears on PSU im going to scream.

Get ready For chat spam on release day people.

SirenV
May 23, 2006, 11:23 PM
You and I both *braces for impact*

Numnuttz
May 24, 2006, 02:10 AM
hahhaahah ok how bout bunny ears. those are good too.

_Tek_
May 24, 2006, 02:35 AM
I was hopping you'd get to customize the color on the glasses just like with hair, but it'll be fine.

Fleece
May 24, 2006, 05:32 AM
Hmmm we won't know until release hough http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ancient
May 24, 2006, 11:40 AM
I wonder just how hard it is to get meseta in PSU. I mean, the beta did not go on for very long so I imagine most players only managed to get a few levels in. In PSO meseta was pretty tight (for a first time character) from normal to hard, and then got better in V-hard, and by the time you were comfortable in Ult you were rolling in the dough. Will PSU be similar, with the higher levels raking in the money with no problem? If that's the case then I can see the need for more money space, especially since your characters now share your bank space. On Xbox, I had about 12 characters and most of them were maxed in the bank department.

Zarbolord
May 24, 2006, 02:31 PM
I'm gonna look at every shop for the right clothes. I'll get one for every occasion, one for each area if I'm that mad when it comes out. I'll need the right clothing to express my mood and sentiments at the time when I'll be playing (I wonder if they're gonna add cloaks? It would be cool... DREAM ON!).
Meseta shouldn't be too difficult, also considering the fact that players have their own shops now which can then get you a load of money (nicely synthesised extras that people are gonna love = load of meseta). I think it'll be ok, not as easy as pso, but not too hard either.

_Tek_
May 24, 2006, 02:48 PM
Hopefully you can share costumes among your other characters.

Lyrise
May 24, 2006, 02:56 PM
On 2006-05-24 09:40, Ancient wrote:
I wonder just how hard it is to get meseta in PSU. I mean, the beta did not go on for very long so I imagine most players only managed to get a few levels in. In PSO meseta was pretty tight (for a first time character) from normal to hard, and then got better in V-hard, and by the time you were comfortable in Ult you were rolling in the dough. Will PSU be similar, with the higher levels raking in the money with no problem? If that's the case then I can see the need for more money space, especially since your characters now share your bank space. On Xbox, I had about 12 characters and most of them were maxed in the bank department.

The reason it was like that on PSO was because equipment drops were littered everywhere, and stuff didn't cost so much to buy (10 meseta for monomate). In PSU, the drop rates are REALLY low. Most of the drops are photons - you won't get much for selling those, and you probably won't be selling those in the first place. Pair that with the fact that essential needs cost more (50 meseta for 1 monomate, 2500 for a trimate), and that you need to rely on them more often (only forces can cast Resta), there's a veritable drain right there. Add to that clothes that you might want, materials you want to buy for synthesis, and weapons you'll most definitely break through grinding - you've got a controlled economy right there.

That said, the only way someone is going to be able to call themselves rich is if they have perfected their character in every way possible, and that would include +10 weaponry, as well as 30% element armors.

chibiLegolas
May 24, 2006, 04:35 PM
Oh no. I hope this doesn't mean that rare drops in general isn't going to be super rare like back in the DC days.
If it's already hard to get a drop in general, what's the rate of a rare drop then?
Ouch....
BTW, I remember reading that there's an option before you start a room/mission you can select randomized distribution of drops. Does that include randomized meseta distribution as well? Or is meseta the only thing that gets evenly divided up? Cause that's how I'd like to have it.

Also, on another note:
If monomate is 50 meseta, 2500 trimate, and you're relying on your FO for resta, how much is it again for the FO to recharge their PP weapons at the station? If it's relatively a good amount of $, I can imagine the FO asking for donations from his teammates for the help to continue healing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2006-05-24 14:37 ]</font>