PDA

View Full Version : japanese release before USA.

justinbrady
May 21, 2006, 02:18 PM
i know that a JP release before US is going to happen. the only thing i wondering is if anyone has some knowledge on how long of a gap that will be.

thanks. feedback pleasee <3

EDIT: Don't use racial slurs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-05-21 12:22 ]</font>

Bastille
May 21, 2006, 02:38 PM
3 months or so is what we gather from the interview

Kyuu
May 21, 2006, 04:27 PM
3 months is the example he used. He said neither release date is finalized, so he couldn't give an exact time frame. However, 3 months is as good a guess as any.

Nuclearranger
May 21, 2006, 04:29 PM
it is on average 3 months for most games

Tystys
May 21, 2006, 05:22 PM
3-5 months if about right

OutlawX
May 21, 2006, 08:10 PM
Man thats crazy. So like as soon as i get on there will be japanese people calling me a noob in thier language and I can't read it so I won't be able to yell at them back! Man I should learn to read Japanese man!

Ryna
May 21, 2006, 08:12 PM
On 2006-05-21 18:10, OutlawX wrote:
Man thats crazy. So like as soon as i get on there will be japanese people calling me a noob in thier language and I can't read it so I won't be able to yell at them back! Man I should learn to read Japanese man!

The servers are going to be region-seperated. So, you'll have to buy the Japanese version of the game to interact with JP players. I sincerely doubt many JP players will play the English version of the game.

Tystys
May 21, 2006, 08:53 PM
On 2006-05-21 18:12, Ryna wrote:

On 2006-05-21 18:10, OutlawX wrote:

The servers are going to be region-seperated. So, you'll have to buy the Japanese version of the game to interact with JP players. I sincerely doubt many JP players will play the English version of the game.

Since when do Japanese people want to play our games? O_O

OutlawX
May 21, 2006, 08:53 PM
Oh I never knew they had separate servers for JP. I;m so used to playing FFXI that I've forgotten about how the PSU/PSO online system works. I quit FFXi to get ready for PSU. since well this will be a much better game.

Strider_M
May 21, 2006, 08:57 PM
I remember few Japanese were going to English servers trying to learn English... Few of them knew English quite well!

OutlawX
May 21, 2006, 09:10 PM
Heh, in FFXI they typed in thier letters so You couldn't read what they were saying. I was like ummmm yeah. And yeah some know english but very little which makes it hard for them sometimes. Sometimes it makes it hard for us too.

Kano-Okami
May 21, 2006, 10:26 PM
Well, while we're talking about regions, I know they seperated the US from the JP servers, but what about the EU servers? Are the US servers seperated from them as well?...
I think I'm starting to develop a seperation anxiety..*sigh* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Saner
May 22, 2006, 06:32 PM
On 2006-05-21 20:26, Kano-Okami wrote:
Well, while we're talking about regions, I know they seperated the US from the JP servers, but what about the EU servers? Are the US servers seperated from them as well?...
I think I'm starting to develop a seperation anxiety..*sigh* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

LOL!!! Separation anxiety. That reminds me of that spiderman and venom SNES game!!! that was the funniest title for a action videogame ever!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

well anyways I think US servers are linked with EU, so don't worry. I mean, Canada is definitely linked with US servers, so Im sure EU is linked too. maybe.

Blitzkommando
May 22, 2006, 09:52 PM
On 2006-05-21 20:26, Kano-Okami wrote:

Using PSOBB as a basis I would assume that there will be the "English speaking" server (whatever that will end up meaning) and the Japan server. Where the "English speaking" server would serve Australia, North America, and Europe as their populations will be at best equal with Japan.

zandra117
May 22, 2006, 09:58 PM
on psox EU, NA, and JP were seperated. I hope that EU and NA aren't seperated in PSU for the 360.

Tystys
May 22, 2006, 10:29 PM
No, EU and NA are going to be together.