PDA

View Full Version : do you think there will be a lack of forces?

Alisha
May 21, 2006, 05:07 PM
i had no problem being a force in pso because i could melee decently well and support my teammates(simply nuking is not enjoyable to me).but it seems that won't be possible in psu.combine that with the fact that the overwhelming majority of forces on pso(at least when i played)were fomars and fomarls.and i think you have a recipe for a major lack of forces.

Spellbinder
May 21, 2006, 05:14 PM
I guess I'll be all alone... *looks around*

mechatra
May 21, 2006, 05:14 PM
Not really, considering that what we've seen from the beta is that Forces are now almost definatley the most damage dealing class. Technics do crazy damage.

Anyone who wants to melee with a force is given the option. They can use spears and dual daggers, aswell as the basic sabers - daggers ect. But it's going to be hard, with low damage and hp.

Kamica
May 21, 2006, 05:20 PM
Forces may even be as populer as hunters in PSU. They dont need a lot to be powerful and there are a lot of new techniques to try out.

Tystys
May 21, 2006, 05:23 PM
I really don't think that Forces are going to be low in numbers, considering the amount of Force topics popping up all around the place.

CaptainJebus
May 21, 2006, 05:26 PM
Haha, I shall be a force. But it will seem like that, considering everyone will want to party with the forces. =D

_Tek_
May 21, 2006, 05:27 PM
plus you can change job now, so you could still just raise one character, and change whenever you wanted,

if your the type that isn't into raising like 4+ characters, haha

Tycho
May 21, 2006, 05:30 PM
Since the class level cap would be pretty low, I don't think there will be a lack of any class...

justinbrady
May 21, 2006, 05:41 PM
since you can change classes whenever you want....if you get bored of nuking or slashing just change. no need to really worry about casters being able to melee and melees being able to cast. which is schweet =]]]

Shinjiro
May 21, 2006, 05:50 PM
If you look in movie/ss thread, you can see that there are a good percentage of forces. Like Tycho said above, I think they will all be about even.

Sgt_Shligger
May 21, 2006, 06:36 PM
The most uncommon player will probably be rangers because they have been nerfed down a lot.

NightHour13
May 21, 2006, 10:04 PM
You guys can also use bows...Lucky snort...

physic
May 21, 2006, 10:23 PM
forces are the only class who can do everything, and do tons of dmg, i dont think they will be unpopular

Numnuttz
May 22, 2006, 02:42 AM
i think im going to be a focre just becuase they use techics now and there the ones who get to use teh bow. when i saw there was gonna be a bow in teh gmae i said wow i need to get me one of those.

Alexandrious
May 22, 2006, 03:55 AM
Although I do prefer hunt, because I like to protect the forces while they do their stuff, I will probably change my Human to Force class now and then to lv that up, and have fun with it.

Also would be good if a team was being planned but they want another force instead of a hunter or ranger.

Tystys
May 22, 2006, 04:23 AM
Great...PSU has been turned into another regular MMORPG....
Mages are the best class! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Witchblade56
May 22, 2006, 05:10 AM
I seriously intend to play force as my first job class in game. I look forward to seeing what can actually be done. What customizations will be available. Also too what play styles will be feasible for solo vs party setting.

I just look forward to the game period. I enjoy seeing the screenshots. The one thing i refuse to do is have any preconceived negative thoughts toward it whatsoever. How we enjoy playing the games we play is a completely subjective experience. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif The same holds true for what pisses us off about the very same games http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zarbolord
May 22, 2006, 05:30 AM
3/4 of my characters will have atleast half the job of forces. So if anyone's looking for a force ask me, lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dragon_Knight
May 22, 2006, 08:26 AM
I'm sticking with force as I always have in previous PSO titles

Fleece
May 22, 2006, 08:44 AM
Urhhh i'm going Hunter......guess ill have 5 forces in my team then and lot of moons for when they all die off an AoE enemy attack.....

Zarbolord
May 22, 2006, 09:16 AM
Well, I think you're underestimating the class distribution system. My first character will be a FO/RAcast, which means that not only will he excel in MST and ATP, but also in DEF and HP. He'll be a kind of tank, not forgetting that he'll regenerate HP (I like light techs, they're my favs).

Spellbinder
May 22, 2006, 09:28 AM
Just don't forget you can't be both at the same time Zarbolord.

Zarbolord
May 22, 2006, 09:33 AM
You can. remember that FOrces can use [ BOWS ]. That's the point I'm making. It's a special mix. I'll see what I can do to make it really a FO/RA even though he'll only have FO job. What I mean by double jobs is by making two into one.

kassy
May 22, 2006, 09:34 AM
No idea if forces will be popular, but if it's anything like PSO there'll be a bunch of forces who don't know how to play the class properly. In PSO I don't like people playing support forces as pure melee characters, and similarly I don't like FOmars playing solely as hunters (i.e. refusing to use techs) Heh, but who am I to judge how people play, I don't like it, but I won't personal attack someone for how they play, maybe the PSU class system will change all the wasted potential in PSO BB, and finally have players developing the skills they actually use, so maybe there won’t be any “incorrect” way of playing a particular class in PSU thanks to how developing your character is going to be handled, and hopefully the days of picking a char simply for it’s look like in PSO are gone.

Anyways, PSO BB finally has a large number of people choosing forces, and people seem to be really interested in forces on PSU, and it's also worth mentioning that there’s now a large number of excellent force players on Blue Burst too. I'll be playing a force on PSU.

Zarbolord
May 22, 2006, 09:49 AM
If FOmars didn't use simple melee you wouldn't have time to touch the enemy...
I am pro in Force use, once I get the game I might even make a guide on forces for the 'noobs' you mentioned, lol. Not everyone is capable of using forces... That's normal...

Kyuu
May 22, 2006, 04:12 PM
I'm not sure what you're saying Zarbo, but not only can you not be two jobs at the same time, you also don't keep your stats from the other job. When you switch jobs, say from ranger to force, you're essentially starting over as a job level 1 Force. The only difference will be that your base character level will be higher (and I'm fairly certain that the stats you get from character levels will be influenced by your race, not your job).

What I'm trying to say is, there's no way at all to hybridize between two jobs, currently. You're either a force, a ranger, or a hunter. You can't mix them at all. =P

Edit: Well, rereading your post, I guess you just mean having the FOcast race/class mix give you better ATA and defense than other forces, and using a bow. It'll be interesting to see how that works out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-05-22 14:15 ]</font>

jkrox4eva
May 22, 2006, 09:14 PM
I personally love using forces as my main, its such a challenge it keeps me going and i never get bored with them, the suspense is just so great, im definantly going to be a force.

Tystys
May 22, 2006, 09:18 PM
I'm going hunter as well. I love beating things down with my huge sword.
...what?

Blitzkommando
May 22, 2006, 09:25 PM
My concern is if there is going to be a huge lack of rangers. Many MMORPGs have essentially two groupings, the "melee" and the "mage". I wonder how it is going to work with people coming from other games seeing guns and whatnot as a viable method of playing. In any event I expect to make another "RAmarl"~esque character as I loved that particular playing style.

Fleece
May 22, 2006, 09:54 PM
Theres a shop in my town called FRAmar, it sells swords, ironically.