PDA

View Full Version : JP share item rule in PSU beta.

Nika
May 21, 2006, 06:33 PM
Normally in JP PSO culture, after clear mission or stage. they will share item to each player in the team, and for speacial condition , they will use "1,2,3 meseta" rule. However, I think this isn't work with 6 player in PSU. Therefore, I want to know from beta tester that how to they share thing after mission ?

Ether
May 21, 2006, 06:57 PM
Theres a setting now that distributes items picked up to random people on the team, not to who actually picked them up. Most people will probably use that

Inazuma
May 21, 2006, 07:22 PM
yes the built in automatic janken setting is extremely awesome. i will refuse to join any game that doesnt use it.

Fleece
May 21, 2006, 07:44 PM
This random setting will be hell, kids screaming everywhere when rares start dropping :

"OMFG NOOOOOOO NOOO I NEEEEEEEEEEED THAT I NEEEEEEEEEEED IT!!!!!!"

Guaranteed I'll be doing that if someone picks up what ive been hunting for weeks, but not on EVERY rare.

PJ
May 21, 2006, 08:04 PM
On 2006-05-21 17:22, Inazuma wrote:
yes the built in automatic janken setting is extremely awesome. i will refuse to join any game that doesnt use it.

Guess you won't be joining my games then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I just think it's a terrible setting. Of course, that's cause I won't be playing in random games with random people anymore. It's just... not fun.

Well, maybe I will for PSU, but when cheats start to roll around I won't.

Tystys
May 21, 2006, 08:56 PM
Oh I seriously hope rares aren't affected by that setting...
That would seriously suck.

Saner
May 21, 2006, 09:27 PM
it should be first come first serve. if they pick it up they have the right to have it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Inazuma
May 21, 2006, 09:55 PM
everyone wins cuz you are free to choose which you prefer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. more options is always a good thing.

NightHour13
May 21, 2006, 09:59 PM
I like Saner's idea of first come first serve. Why? When i go nanoblast and gain speed, i can just take that sinfully awesome looking red box out from under the cast's nose...er..beak..er...metal slab...

physic
May 21, 2006, 10:32 PM
i dont see why were you coincidently are on the field is better to determine if you shoould get rares.

Miphesto
May 21, 2006, 10:41 PM
i really like the rolling system in world of warcraft...they should get something like that...

_Tek_
May 22, 2006, 12:19 AM
On 2006-05-21 19:27, Saner wrote:
it should be first come first serve. if they pick it up they have the right to have it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

then people start saying that the one who killed it deservere. There's just too much contravercy.

I'd jsut set it to random, and tell everyone to stfu.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 22, 2006, 02:12 AM
With or without the random settings, I'll most likely only hunt stuff with people I trust, so we'll call stuff and distribute things evenly anyway.

Ether
May 22, 2006, 02:14 AM
Anyone who prefered the old system played a hunter

Russ2576
May 22, 2006, 02:18 AM
On 2006-05-21 22:19, _Tek_ wrote:

then people start saying that the one who killed it deservere. There's just too much contravercy.

I'd jsut set it to random, and tell everyone to stfu.

Good luck getting anyone to join your party in the first place with an attitude like that.

_Tek_
May 22, 2006, 02:24 AM
On 2006-05-22 00:14, Ether wrote:
Anyone who prefered the old system played a hunter

"First come, first serve" indeed.

Rihcky
May 22, 2006, 02:31 AM
Just don't go rarehunting with people you don't know. Then you won't get dissapointed whatever the system is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rihcky on 2006-05-22 00:31 ]</font>

Nika
May 22, 2006, 03:02 AM
Can you explain more about it? I want to know how the system work ?

first come first serve.
I don't like it,because I think it benefit Hunter who fight in front. Ranger and Force get disadventages.
PS: I like the share item rule when I play PSOBBjp . However , my JP language is not good enough to continue PSUjp.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nika on 2006-05-22 01:03 ]</font>

Alexandrious
May 22, 2006, 03:49 AM
Why im glad to be in a big team thats goin to PSU. We always make a rare item call on each game we make, pretty much on PSU we will usually set the game to Random loot distribution, so everyone has a chance at uncalled rares, not the person who was closest to it.

Be good for forces too. They get, 90 percent of the time, gimped out on collecting uncalled rares due to being at the back of the team all the time.

Saffran
May 22, 2006, 04:24 AM
Normal RPS would still work, but it would take a lot longer I guess.

First come, first served is a no-go: It isn't "fair" to the players covering your back while you run like an idiot to a shiny red box and realize "oh, I have full inventory anyway".

When I play with US ppl, I know that they abide by that rule so I will try to snag the rares... and start RPS after we cleared the quest. That seems to strike them. (either with realization or with laughter, the latter happens a lot - sad...) otherwise it's not uncommon to have the rares on the ground with noone going for them - that can wait after the room has been cleared, and it insures we don't die all as soon as a rare drops in a room with Mericarols and the likes.

Witchblade56
May 22, 2006, 04:52 AM
LOL I for one will be joining up in a group of people from FFXI to hunt items. Several of us have already stated we want to play it together. We trust one another and would more than likely farm items til someone got the ingredient/rare item they wanted. I can't think of playing without these people.*Glares at Physic*

Physic,

Hope to see you there I've heard much of your exploits from my friends and family in impulse. I also look forward to meeting lews as well. See you guys soon in PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

physic
May 22, 2006, 07:44 AM
i think most will probably want it random, as that seems the most fair, i dunno if rarees are currently under the random umbrella though

Fleece
May 22, 2006, 08:40 AM
You can choose the random settings

You can random pick up for rares
And you can random pick up for normal drops like meseta monomates etc.

Both are selectable options.

But TBH ive been on pso since the DC and im always having random on, I'm a hunter and i know if a FO/RA wants to play theyd rather join a random distribution game than a Finders keepers one.

Also i like how some of the people you KNOW are hunters go " NO NO IM KEEPING IT ON FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS!!" which is basically saying get f*cked im having all the rares.

Lyrise
May 22, 2006, 11:24 AM
Of course, there's always the "Calculated" random setting (yes there are 2 random settings). True random is just that, you never know who's going to get the item. Calculated random mode tracks who's gotten what, and tries its best to distribute the items in a fair manner (based on star counts, and just item numbers). There are some glaring problems with this though, like high ranking useless items nobody wants... As useful as a Moatoob Truffle is, it probably won't feel as good as getting a nice piece of weaponry, even if they were 7 and 5 stars respectively)

zandra117
May 22, 2006, 11:39 AM
LOL what if random distribution distributed the rare to an NPC player in the party. "Maya got the rare." ROFL I would be soo pissed.

physic
May 22, 2006, 01:40 PM
I never heard of a calculated random, is this a theoretical type of distribution, or are you saying it was implemented in the beta

TheStoicOne
May 22, 2006, 03:08 PM
Oh, and BeTA testers isn't there the option to not have anyrares drop at all? If so this could also be a blessing and a curse, picture it now. "awwww! dude I've been looking for a game this whole night", "LOL", "Geez, so...what you lookin for?" "Nothing, no rares are gonna drop" "OMG!WTF!!!AGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!" -they explode!

kassy
May 22, 2006, 03:42 PM

Orly? PSO's system heavily favoured a player’s proximity...so the person closest to the drop deserves it do they? Or how about the players who run around and ninja items from under other people's feet? do they deserve the item?

The random system is the one the best new additions to the online PS series imho, it's also the fairest method. No point really in arguing over it, as you players who prefer "first come, first served" can still makes games that way, so happy days for all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

While on the topic though, I'd just like to say; I for one won't be playing in games that aren't using the random distribution rule.

physic
May 22, 2006, 06:15 PM
oh, i missed witchblades comment, who were you in FFXI?

oh yeah and on topic you can switch it but i think people may leave it on auto, unless they dont want any items due to space or something

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: physic on 2006-05-22 16:18 ]</font>

Lyrise
May 22, 2006, 08:48 PM
On 2006-05-22 11:40, physic wrote:
I never heard of a calculated random, is this a theoretical type of distribution, or are you saying it was implemented in the beta

It was in the beta. Most of the games I joined had one or the other setting on, rarely did I see FFA drops, unless the person in question (sometimes me) is just training up photon arts or power levelling.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2006-05-22 18:50 ]</font>

jkrox4eva
May 22, 2006, 09:03 PM
i must say i would choose both depending on my mood. If i just really dont care id set it on random and if im really determined with my friends that i trust id keep it the old school way. that way, everybody can call what rare they want if it drops. . . . . we have our ways.

Ryudo
May 24, 2006, 07:14 AM
Hmm when I played PSO everyone gave all the rares to me and I shared them out among the group depending on who I thought needed/wanted what most

That worked out pretty well, thought I doubt you can count on many people to play by that rule

Kano-Okami
May 24, 2006, 01:16 PM
I'm not a big fan of this new random feature,
though I wonder, does that Janken work on player-dropped items aswell? What if you dropped a mate for a friend with low hp and it goes to some other guy?
I'd rather just play with people I would know and trust in the traditional way of playing.
Besides, nothing would tick me off more then finding an uber-rare weapon only for it to go to the rookie picking his nose, when I pick it up.

zofia
May 24, 2006, 01:28 PM
Personally, I think a random assignment method is awesome! The current system, as others already mentioned, totally favors HU's and ninjas. I can't even count how many times I missed out on rares when I was playing as RA or FO because the HU's would vacuum them up. And when I'd play as a HU I'd feel tortured: do I grab it, 'cause if I don't someone else will in 0.0000001 seconds...!

Obviously, with trustworthy friends none of this matters, but for new friends and games with strangers, I LOVE this system. It takes all the stress out, since there's no one to 'blame' if someone doesn't get a drop, it's the game's random decision that assigns it.

This is how I will play, at least at first, if I understand it correctly.

physic
May 24, 2006, 01:37 PM
so why is it better if teh rookie picking his nose gets it because he happened to be closer to teh monster that dropped it?
Why should you as the hunter, or teh beast with speed on be more likely to get items than the ra or fo?
and if you are playing with your friends and have some other sytem, none of how it drops really matters, yall will deal with it how you wish anyhow

Sev
May 24, 2006, 01:37 PM
Is there a direct player to player trade feature? If so, then you trade mates directly.

Random for groups of people that you don't know.

All drops for groups of people you do know.

They gave you options for a reason. I dunno about you, but I don't want first come first serve with a group of people I don't know. I'm sure most people will feel the same away although some will not. It's a team game, if a team of 6 wants random, and you don't... You could deal with it, or leave. If you genuinely want something, try to negotiate a trade. That's about it.

Kano-Okami
May 24, 2006, 02:02 PM
I don't know why your saying FO's don't have a better chance at getting rares.
When I played as my FOnewm Lil' Eugene, I was a rare magnet.
Hunters are in the fray, to worried about taking another concussion to notice the rares, so I usually pick it up, and if its a RA or HU only item, I drop it, heal the battered hunter and say, you dropped this.

zofia
May 24, 2006, 02:03 PM
Most hunters have 'attack' set to the middle button, which doubles as 'pick up object' when an object is in range... >_>

Kano-Okami
May 24, 2006, 02:09 PM
But most hunters use the Extra Attack, which are on the side of the middle, because it deals more damage, and besides, Hunters aren't the only one's fighting,
<_<...

Lyrise
May 24, 2006, 03:01 PM
If you guys are so worried about who is getting the rares, you can always change the rare settings. After all, you do have 2 settings for drop ownership, one for rares, and one for the rest.

Axios-
May 24, 2006, 03:11 PM
Wow, I had no problem with the drop system on PSO. PSU's system appears to be just that and more. I'd recommend getting some friends and playing in polite games.

hypersaxon
May 24, 2006, 03:22 PM
On 2006-05-21 20:41, Miphesto wrote:
i really like the rolling system in world of warcraft...they should get something like that...

Yeah, I was thinking it should be something like that or FFXI, where if something people want drops, you can lot on it, and if no one lots on it, then it gets randomly distributed. That would be nice for rares, where you could lot on it and the highest lot gets it.

Saner
May 26, 2006, 05:49 PM
some of you are just too greedy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif