PDA

View Full Version : Are section I.D's going to be present in PSU?

Irukandji
May 21, 2006, 10:50 PM
I would first like to say, Hi, and nice to meet you all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

This may have been a previous post already, but I searched and didnt find anything, so, sorry if it already exists.

When I played PSO last, the section I.D.'s made the game very enjoyable and also brought alot of fun to picking out your characters name very carefully. Will I.D's be present in PSU?

Strider_M
May 21, 2006, 10:52 PM
The Skyly's the Limit....

Actually I've heard that Section ID's wont be in this game... So finding specific weapons wont happen the same way...

Maybe certain weapons will drop during certain times?

Dre_o
May 21, 2006, 11:04 PM
Section I.D's are not in PSU.

(wow, that was blunt and tactless....)

Skye-Fox713
May 21, 2006, 11:46 PM
indeed

_Tek_
May 22, 2006, 12:16 AM
Its all about finding the right materials, then item synthesis.

So I suppose the drop rate for materials will be based on where you are, and the same for everyone.

Irukandji
May 24, 2006, 01:02 AM
Ahh...thanx for all the replies. I have been out of the PSU loop for a while now...forgot all about the whole "Item Synthesis" stuff. Im pretty sure there will be rare drops...although non of the screens show any boxes or drops at all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Anyone know how they will handle drops?

Inazuma
May 24, 2006, 01:14 AM
psu will prob have quite a lot of different areas and monsters. but dont forget that monsters now have their own levels. so that may be a big factor in determining what item drops.

Zarbolord
May 24, 2006, 01:53 AM
How many worlds were there? About 30 or something? Anyway they are huge and the many monsters roaming them will be very different from eachother. PSU represents a different ecosystem with each planet and area, so I think that ID aren't necessary considering the huge differences already present. No there won't be ID, you guys shoul use the search bar for already written topics.

Numnuttz
May 24, 2006, 01:58 AM
thats a bit disappointing, but that would make sense. by elimiating this part of pso it make you focus on grinding/sysntehsis weapons to make better ones than waiting to get a drop of one. also i guess this would make each person different from everyone else. since everyone had and used almost the same weapon in every game.

_Tek_
May 24, 2006, 02:36 AM
Duping will fix that right up.

Fleece
May 24, 2006, 05:37 AM
I Doubt there will be cheaters in this game. I'm not being sarcastic BTW

kassy
May 24, 2006, 07:50 AM
Section IDs were a failed experiment, that were meant to promote trading in PSO, except they completely screwed some IDs over more than others, making it completely imbalanced.

No IDs is much fairer, this time I presume drops will be based simply on enemy/location/difficulty like other MORPGs.

Nuclearranger
May 24, 2006, 09:35 AM
lol we can hope theres no cheating o.o

Tystys
May 24, 2006, 09:39 AM
On 2006-05-24 05:50, kassy wrote:
Section IDs were a failed experiment, that were meant to promote trading in PSO, except they completely screwed some IDs over more than others, making it completely imbalanced.

No IDs is much fairer, this time I presume drops will be based simply on enemy/location/difficulty like other MORPGs.

Thank god for that.

jkrox4eva
May 24, 2006, 06:28 PM
oh god. no cheating. noooooooooo!

jk

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif happy face http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif woo. i just got done playing with a hacker, i was so p-od at him bcuz he joined my party right be4 i did ttf. arrg

Shrevn
May 27, 2006, 01:23 PM
There will be cheaters just like any other game no matter what you think or wish to believe, specially in a game fom sonicteam where they exceed the need to be uncarring about their work nor their servers.

Saner
May 27, 2006, 01:31 PM
there wont just be cheaters, people exaggerate on the cheating problem that they like act like everyone is cheating except them.

there's always honest players too, so just ignore the cheaters and their shortcuts to more items, rares and money.

because really, cheaters can't affect you directly unless you are the type who gets jealous.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-05-27 11:32 ]</font>

Rihcky
May 27, 2006, 01:39 PM
On 2006-05-27 11:31, Saner wrote:
because really, cheaters can't affect you directly unless you are the type who gets jealous.

Oh really?

So getting FSODxt didn't affect my game directly.
Cheaters screwing up the random runs I did with their !337 ÜbEr PoWeRs, didn't affect the game directly?
Not being able to trust anyone you don't know didn't affect the game?

Come on.

It took a lot out of me to keep playing the game after my fist character corrupted because of cheaters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rihcky on 2006-05-27 11:39 ]</font>

Saner
May 27, 2006, 01:50 PM
FSOD is a thing of the past.

did Blue Burst have FSOD? If it did then that's PC's fault for being so vunerable to viruses and corruption and stuff.

I admit FSOD has been around since the original PSO but I doubt it will happen with their improved technology and what they learned over the years.

plus the characters are saved server side so there's no way you can lose your character stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-05-27 11:52 ]</font>

kassy
May 27, 2006, 10:53 PM
F that, fact is cheating affects my game, I've played PSO since v.1 and I've come to accept cheating as part of PSO yes, but that doesn't mean we should have to put up with it (sad truth is we do)

Duping affects my game, when I have to prove an item I found is legit it affects my game experience, when I can only sell/trade a legit item for a fraction of it's actual worth because it's been mass duped, it affects my game experience. The trading economy is large and valuable part of PSO to me, and it should be in any respectable MORPG.

Oh and BB may not have had FSOD as we know it but it had a plethora of ways to crash and DC other players, not to mention the entire block crashing, which if you played BB on populated ships at all during the duping peak you ran into on a regular basis.

Saner
May 27, 2006, 11:20 PM
On 2006-05-27 20:53, kassy wrote:
F that, fact is cheating affects my game, I've played PSO since v.1 and I've come to accept cheating as part of PSO yes, but that doesn't mean we should have to put up with it (sad truth is we do)

Duping affects my game, when I have to prove an item I found is legit it affects my game experience, when I can only sell/trade a legit item for a fraction of it's actual worth because it's been mass duped, it affects my game experience. The trading economy is large and valuable part of PSO to me, and it should be in any respectable MORPG.

Oh and BB may not have had FSOD as we know it but it had a plethora of ways to crash and DC other players, not to mention the entire block crashing, which if you played BB on populated ships at all during the duping peak you ran into on a regular basis.

prove an item is legit????? what do you mean by that.

making money off an item isn't the only way to make money. you can still get rich quite easy in other ways, even if it takes longer.

you just seem upset about others finding cheap ways to make money faster than you.

this isn't FF11, money isnt as big an issue to survive and get better equipment.

BB had problems and Im not surprised since its exclusive to PC anyway, and PC's are notorious for having COUNTLESS issues. ya consoles have issues here and there too but not as much generally.
but if anything can be hacked or pirated, that's an everday thing happening on PCs.

you never see half the issues brought up about PC games than you do with console games. (no wonder the PC gamers I have met are so darn grouchy and cranky. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif well yeah if I spent that much money just to play a new game on a PC smoothly, I would be pretty steamed too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif )

but anyway, I have experienced the first PSO, the most notorious of FSOD and duping and stuff at the time, and my enjoyment of online was never affected by dupers and stuff. I did see them around and even partied with some, but it didn't ruin the game for me. PSO was still a grand treasure to play. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-05-27 21:21 ]</font>

DarthTyranus
May 29, 2006, 03:48 AM
In one way, ID's were good. Like asking other players to make a game to get the rare they really want. But no ID's, seem a bit better. All you have to do is go to where the weapon/reagant were found.