PDA

View Full Version : PSU's partner cards & simple mail

Inazuma
May 21, 2006, 11:51 PM
havent seen much talk about this stuff, so i figured some of you would like hearing about it.

partner cards:

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9458/psu20060510185624018large8kd.th.jpg (http://img46.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psu20060510185624018large8kd.jpg)

- automatically checks to see who is online/offline at all times. just bring up your card list like normal and you can see easily who is online at that moment. in the pic above, the players that were online had that white icon on the far right.

- new sort system: you can assign a number from 1 to 5 for each person in your list. the higher someone's number, the higher up on your card list they are. everyone defaults at #5 btw.

- the card i have highlighted in the picture is shidou maya, the newman npc ally http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

and some info on psu's mail system:

- you can send the same message to as many ppl as you want, by selecting them from your partner card list.

- when replying to a mail, you have the option of keeping the recieved text as part of your reply mail. sorta like the reply w/ quote option we have on these boards.

- in the psu beta, there didnt seem to be any way to search another player's location ><. however, if you party w/ someone you can easily check the party members' location. this was prob my biggest complaint and hopefully they change it for full ver.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Inazuma on 2006-05-21 21:53 ]</font>

Axios-
May 21, 2006, 11:54 PM
On 2006-05-21 21:51, Inazuma wrote:
- automatically checks to see who is online/offline at all times. just bring up your card list like normal and you can see easily who is online at that moment.

Oh glorious day! I remember searching through all of my guild cards. My oh my was that unnecessarily difficult.

PJ
May 22, 2006, 12:11 AM
You've gotten me excited yet again Inazuma.

Damn you! XD

_Tek_
May 22, 2006, 12:15 AM
I just had a habit of tapping the buttons really fast inthe right way to search everyone in my guild card in seconds. So it didn't really bother me.

AzureBlaze
May 22, 2006, 12:20 AM
This is good info!
Thanks for posting. I am hoping also for search, but also for the ever-useful "meet user". I used this SO MUCH on PSO, it could get you into full ships, and was so much simpler than nagging people and then galloping 40 miles to meet them. With the even BIGGER worlds/colony/etc it will be even worse trying to meet people if you can't warp to their location.
Understandably though, it wasn't on the beta because the servers were changing/unstable and they probably wouldn't want people suddenly switching and skipping testing their menu things for transport.
A good report, new stuff like this keeps the hype high! (especially necisary in light of all the bad news dumps from that interview, gah!)

Axios-
May 22, 2006, 12:21 AM
Yeah, I did the fast searching too, but it just felt so...frivolous. Seeing everyone is much simpler and more logical.

_Tek_
May 22, 2006, 12:26 AM
in pso, the constant beeps from the menus would eventualy drive you crazy.

Lord_DS
May 22, 2006, 03:41 AM
New infos and interesting infos, ty Inazuma.

I wonder if you see a photo of the character of the player like you see the photo of maya on the card o_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_DS on 2006-05-22 05:31 ]</font>

Tystys
May 22, 2006, 04:24 AM
I am really glad it does the search for you automatically.
I didn't really see the purpose behind giving someone your guild card, because you would always have to find out if their online by yourself.

kassy
May 22, 2006, 09:41 AM

- automatically checks to see who is online/offline at all times. just bring up your card list like normal and you can see easily who is online at that moment. in the pic above, the players that were online had that white icon on the far right.

Best news I've heard about PSU's gc system. I'm a happy bunny.

Saner
May 22, 2006, 10:57 AM
Wow if 5 is priority, why are they underneath the ones labeled with 1?

And why do you have Maya's card? does this mean we can summon NPCs to join us?

zandra117
May 22, 2006, 11:08 AM
- new sort system: you can assign a number from 1 to 5 for each person in your list. the higher someone's number, the higher up on your card list they are. everyone defaults at #5 btw.

Oh no, I can just see people arguing in the lobby "Why cant I be #1 on your friends list?!!!"

Lyrise
May 22, 2006, 11:08 AM
Just to touch on a point not mentioned above, when you get mail, you will see an icon on your HUD menu (obviously). What makes this important is that you can access this mail directly through your HUD menu, making it extremely easy to see who just mailed you, and what they have to say. Reduces on the clutter that was going through 5 different menus just to read one letter. If you're like me, and will read your mail even in the middle of the fight, this just cuts down on time wasted.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2006-05-22 09:09 ]</font>

Axios-
May 22, 2006, 02:07 PM
On 2006-05-22 08:57, Saner wrote:
And why do you have Maya's card? does this mean we can summon NPCs to join us?

Yes.

Saner
May 22, 2006, 02:13 PM
oh cool! I heard those NPCs decrease rank and possibly money you can get for a mission.

I saw a video where Leo cost the party a possible rank S for their efforts.

zandra117
May 22, 2006, 03:47 PM
Conspiracy: The NPC's online were actually Sega employees spying on the beta testers.

Saner
May 22, 2006, 06:36 PM
oh you mean the silver robots in the cities?

ya I seen them in many pics. they are all silver like statues ut still walking around the city.

Inazuma
May 22, 2006, 07:46 PM
On 2006-05-22 09:08, Lyrise wrote:
Just to touch on a point not mentioned above, when you get mail, you will see an icon on your HUD menu (obviously). What makes this important is that you can access this mail directly through your HUD menu, making it extremely easy to see who just mailed you, and what they have to say. Reduces on the clutter that was going through 5 different menus just to read one letter. If you're like me, and will read your mail even in the middle of the fight, this just cuts down on time wasted.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2006-05-22 09:09 ]</font>

oh thats rite. but just like in pso, there is a direct shortcut to check your mail. i set that to my ps2 controller, so it would only take me one button press instead of two to check my mail http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

i also did that for the map and the party menus. the map one especially really came in handy.

Kupi
May 22, 2006, 07:53 PM
On 2006-05-22 12:13, Saner wrote:
oh cool! I heard those NPCs decrease rank and possibly money you can get for a mission.

To clear this up, they don't inherently reduce your rating for a mission. They count as another member of the party, but unfortunately they're a stupid member of the party. In the video where Leo "cost them the S rank", it's because he has one AI routine: get closer, and attack. That doesn't work on a dragon! So, if you're really desperate for an extra sword (or gun, or whatever), they're servicable, but given the choice I'd probably take =+:SSJ719GoJeTaRoTh:+= over an NPC for a boss battle.

Axios-
May 22, 2006, 07:53 PM
On 2006-05-22 12:13, Saner wrote:

I think that's only because NPCs tend to be suicidal, and deaths lower your rank.

Edit: Kupi wins.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Axios- on 2006-05-22 17:54 ]</font>

CherryLunar
May 23, 2006, 08:23 AM
On 2006-05-22 09:08, zandra117 wrote:

Oh no, I can just see people arguing in the lobby "Why cant I be #1 on your friends list?!!!"

It's myspace all over again. -_-

Tystys
May 23, 2006, 11:58 AM
On 2006-05-23 06:23, CherryLunar wrote:

On 2006-05-22 09:08, zandra117 wrote:

It's myspace all over again. -_-

Except this time, we can actually have the chance to shoot them in the head...
Once the patch is released, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

chibiLegolas
May 23, 2006, 01:06 PM
- you can send the same message to as many ppl as you want, by selecting them from your partner card list.

YES! No more mailing out multiple requests for C9 or boss help! (not that there's cmode anymore, but still hugely usefull).

Thank you SEGA!