PDA

View Full Version : Go in detail about the targetting system.

Sgt_Shligger
May 22, 2006, 07:00 AM
Please, explain how it works now and go over circle strafing and other tricks.

Zarbolord
May 22, 2006, 07:40 AM
Have you played Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals? It seems to be like that way of targetting (of course not the spells in that game). You turn by yourself towards the enemy and attack. You can hit a different part of an enemy by turning in a different direction or something like that. As for spells they most likely hit depending on your direction, if you're looking forward, deega's central part will hit right infront of you and the circle will damage depedning on that point. Gifoie hits at a circular range around you, so no real need to target for that, etc... I haven't played the beta, but I think it also depends on your weapon's range, die to it's shape and stuff (like a sword will hit numerous enemeis and further away than a dagger that only attacks one and inflicts double damage). I hope that helped, don't know much about it myself :/

REJ-
May 22, 2006, 09:56 PM
Guns have to be aimed manually, from what I've heard. No more auto-aim

_Tek_
May 22, 2006, 10:27 PM
Well this is a sort of auto aim if you just going to shoot in fromt of you, same kind of system used for sword and stuff.

But for enemies above, or for hitting special weak spots you need the manual. As I've heard.

Tystys
May 22, 2006, 10:30 PM
On 2006-05-22 19:56, REJ- wrote:
Guns have to be aimed manually, from what I've heard. No more auto-aim

I think there is a lock on system, so we won't have to really worry about not having auto aim.

therealAERO
May 23, 2006, 12:19 AM
here is a little trick for people who use gun/saber/dagger equip. Your gun does lock on but you can't circle, but your dagger/saber does do the circling lock on. So when you need to turn and shoot, but still keep a lock on your target, switch back to dagger and you will be able to circle the enemy and than you can switch to the gun and shoot them. Its really helpful for when you need to switch targets, but don't want to actual unlock gun and run to them. Also this does not work if you are dual wielding, or just have one hand gun. God I hope I explained that well enough.

Zephyr_
May 23, 2006, 12:53 AM
The lock on is straffing for guns.

And the lock-on for melee weapons is an actual lock on where you can circle the enemy.

Basically: Gun = moving left to right and shooting. Sword = Moving around the enemy swinging.

mechatra
May 23, 2006, 07:45 AM
oh thank god! I was worried for a second about the lock on system since I've only really noticed people using guns strafing.

I'm so glad blades get circular lock on.

Oh on that subject, do force weapons get any kind of lock on?

Inazuma
May 23, 2006, 10:14 AM
force weps have the same left and right only lock-on feature that guns do. at first it was quite hard to aim well w/ techs but after a while i got the hang of it.

the RA level techs have a set distance they work from, however if you stand directly in the line of an enemy, the tech will occur rite on top of them.

the hardest time to aim was when it was just a single enemy jumping around in front of me. im looking forward to the GI level techs for that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Lyrise
May 23, 2006, 10:37 AM
Of course, that's the beaty of RA level techs - sometimes missing is GOOD. Casting RA spells into open space can hit enemies within that radius, good for when monsters are spread a good ways apart, and when aiming at one monster would cause you to miss the others by a little.

Tystys
May 23, 2006, 11:56 AM
On 2006-05-22 22:53, Zephyr_ wrote:
The lock on is straffing for guns.

And the lock-on for melee weapons is an actual lock on where you can circle the enemy.

Basically: Gun = moving left to right and shooting. Sword = Moving around the enemy swinging.

Meh, that sounds confusing, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. I hope I get used to this odd system, O_O

mechatra
May 23, 2006, 12:50 PM
How on earth is that confusing. If anything it actually makes gun and blade wielding even simpler.

I'm guessing on a console controller the lock on will be a trigger button so...

Hold down the lock on button when using a gun, and you go into strafe mode where you can strafe left and right whilst moving back and forth without turning around.

While using a combat weapon, the lockon button locks you on to a single enemy so that you can circle them whilst moving back and forth - Not unlike the past few LoZ lock-on systems.

Am I right?

*EDIT* By the way Tystys - my "how on earth" comment isn't supposed to be a dig at you, please don't take it the wrong way, if anything I'm just trying to clear it up for you ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mechatra on 2006-05-23 10:56 ]</font>