PDA

View Full Version : Yearly Games & You

Shrevn
May 22, 2006, 10:16 AM
You know what i dont like...
The fact that Every fuckin year a sports game comes out madden prime example, 2005, 2006, 2007 SAME FUCKIN GAME yet they add one little bullshit "OMGZ a button to tackle harder!!! pay us 50 bucks noobs!"
and everyone flocks to buy it... i mean come on
Yet we bitch and moan about other games for example PSO to PSO ver 2. "WTF only 100 more levels and new mags weapons and a whole new Ultimate zone!!!! what a fuckin rip off i want hoover crafs and complementary coupons on the box for ice cream!!!"
Yet sports games just keep the same fuckin basics they say "We redid the game from the ground up" OH RLY?! then why when i see replays i see the same fuckin glitches that i saw in the same fuckin game 2 years ago... and in games like MLB 2k6 why oh why are they paying game testers or programers.... when the games have more bugs then an african backyard... i rest my case

Hrigg
May 22, 2006, 03:12 PM
Finally someone who sees sports games in the same way I do.

"Buy our new game!"

I'm still satisfied with Madden 2003. Why? It's the same gameplay.

Dangerous55
May 22, 2006, 06:54 PM
If people kept buying them I would keep making them too.

Saraphim
May 22, 2006, 08:47 PM
Yes, and EA has picked the sweetest plum too what with thier exclusivity deal with the NFL and the Players Association.

Now the only "officially lisenced" NFL game will be made by EA. So all the other football games will have fake teams and players. So if you like to play as you fav team with a current roster, you have no choice but to shell out $50-60 for (essentailly) the same game that was released 3 years ago.

sprky585
May 22, 2006, 09:20 PM
BUT Madden came out with a new game this year, Madden Head Coach, where you, well coach a team and it simulates all the games for you...wait, what the fuck...a game my GRANDAD will be able to beat me in!?...I WANT THE ICE CREAM COUPONS!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sprky585 on 2006-05-22 19:20 ]</font>

Wyndham
May 22, 2006, 09:59 PM
I stopped buying sports games. My favourites were on the Dreamcast, and it's all I need.
screw EA.

Sayara
May 22, 2006, 10:04 PM
Well clearly teams change every year, the rosters do as well in the Maddens.

TO BOOST, USE THE BOOST BUTTON!

Tystys
May 22, 2006, 10:37 PM
On 2006-05-22 20:04, Tingle wrote:
Well clearly teams change every year, the rosters do as well in the Maddens.

TO BOOST, USE THE BOOST BUTTON!

*Presses Boost button*

Oh shi-

*Ninja Vanish*

Charmander02
May 24, 2006, 03:31 PM
All those games suck anyways.

I only like NBA 2005 cuz of the dunk competition.

Shigecki
May 24, 2006, 04:23 PM
I agree with most of you, EA can suck my butt. Sega made a much, much, much better football game in their 2K sports, but Madden has the name.

The thing you are forgetting is graphically, these games DO improve from year to year. I bought NFL 2K3 for the XBox, and settled for that game for 2 years. Loved the game. Then I saw NFL 2K5, the difference was night and day. Much better game play then the 2K3. I still play 2K5 from time to time, but will never get another Madden game again. The last one I owned was Madden 92 for the Genesis.

I never complained about PSO ver2, and didn't know many people did. Maybe it was because it was just an expansion of ver1, and was played in the same place as ver1. ST didn't improve on the graphics for ver2, or even for ep1 and 2 for that matter. Maybe this is why there was complaining from players.

Like Dangerous55 mentioned earler, there is a market, so you must fill that market to make a profit.

Bot-Bot
May 25, 2006, 07:06 AM
While we are on the subject of sports games, I have a small rant.

Why do they make NFL 2007 in the year 2006??? It blows my mind, it's like cars too. Now, I see they're trying make us think, "It's the way of the fuuture" or something, but it really isn't. Shouldn't NFL 2007 be released in 2007? I just don't understand.

Skorpius
May 25, 2006, 07:49 AM
Marketing.

Maridia
May 25, 2006, 10:16 AM
On 2006-05-25 05:49, Skorpius wrote:
Marketing.

Indeed.

Though, that doesn't make me like it anymore. Stupid marketing.

Otis_Kat
May 25, 2006, 03:37 PM
Sports games just suck in general. I'd much rather go out with my friends and play the damn sport.