PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't Tekken SUCK!?

haterade
Oct 15, 2002, 09:24 AM
Hell yeah, it sucks. That game is TRULY the button mashers paradise. No skills required to play. So, if you're tired of games that take a while to master, play TEKKEN Have your pick from 1 to 4!!! They're ALL the SAME!!!

Sure, you can mash in SC2... or even in DOA... but Tekken!? Damn! Just get yourself a char. like Eddy and you're set...

TEKKEN SUCS ASS!!!

Kent
Oct 15, 2002, 10:17 AM
Thanks for noticing.

BlackRose
Oct 15, 2002, 12:08 PM
Thanks for your opinion, but consider this: What's the demographics on fighting games? There sure seem to be a lot more mashers than sit-down-and-get-f!king-awesome people. More people to play means more people to buy. Go figure.

pixelate
Oct 15, 2002, 12:13 PM
It's a rant. There it goes.

CorneliusPower
Oct 27, 2002, 03:06 AM
Button masters paradise, gimmeee a break, a button masher has no chance against a true Tekken player, c'mon, parring and counter moves are a button mashers worst enemy. Sounds to me if your getting owned by a button masher in Tekken, and yes even the new Tekken 4 for PS2, your a n00b. Sorry, but you are, if even a thought that runs across your mind, you telling yourself, "Maybe I should button mash." Your a n00b. I personally rage pure ownage with Heihachi and Kazuya, and if I feel like it, it's Jun and Jin. If your favorite character is Eddie Gordo, your a n00b! LoL!

Lileya
Oct 29, 2002, 07:16 AM
On 2002-10-15 07:24, haterade wrote:

TEKKEN SUCS ASS!!!

No, you do.

Balthor
Oct 29, 2002, 07:59 AM
All fighting games these days are crap.

To many god damn versions of the same recycled crap.

"Super Street Fighter Card Captor Vs. Squaresoft 3rd Impact Pocket"

That's what all the shit looks like to me. They all went to hell with jumping like superman in the air, and 702702872086 million super combos.

In general, I hate it all. Gimme old school Mortal Kombat any day.

OH, and by the way, this is MY opinion if you wanted to know. Durrrr. ::rollmothafuggineyes::

*awaits numerous whines of "Well that's YOUR opinion, waaaaah"*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Balthor_The_Defiled on 2002-10-29 05:01 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Oct 29, 2002, 10:06 AM
Someone needs to create a fighting game out of Republic Insa. Hey Mayhem, how would that look to you? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Agent_Reav
Oct 29, 2002, 08:37 PM
Tekken is rather lame in my opinion as well... It just feels so washed out and boring. Gimme DOA3 anyday!

AnubisGodofEvil
Jul 14, 2003, 01:15 PM
On 2002-10-27 01:06, CorneliusPower wrote:
Button masters paradise, gimmeee a break, a button masher has no chance against a true Tekken player, c'mon, parring and counter moves are a button mashers worst enemy. Sounds to me if your getting owned by a button masher in Tekken, and yes even the new Tekken 4 for PS2, your a n00b. Sorry, but you are, if even a thought that runs across your mind, you telling yourself, "Maybe I should button mash." Your a n00b. I personally rage pure ownage with Heihachi and Kazuya, and if I feel like it, it's Jun and Jin. If your favorite character is Eddie Gordo, your a n00b! LoL!

I agree. I personally rule ass with king (god I love throw combos)

Shattered_weasel
Jul 14, 2003, 02:21 PM
I acctually liked the tekken series. I am one of those people that play alotof fighting games from bloody roar - x-men next demension (yes this game SUCKED). I also did like the Mortal Combat games untill after 3 then they became slow and dull.....Ya

polishedweasel
Jul 14, 2003, 04:23 PM
Dont listen to him, he plays what I bring to his house. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shattered_weasel
Jul 14, 2003, 05:40 PM
Dont listen to him because i own him in anything he brings to my house......Ya

Dangerous55
Jul 14, 2003, 06:45 PM
Fighting games suck in general.

Ness
Jul 14, 2003, 07:14 PM
Yet another bump.

umbrella
Jul 14, 2003, 10:52 PM
Balthor_The_Defiled wrote:
All fighting games these days are crap.
*awaits numerous whines of "Well that's YOUR opinion, waaaaah"*

DOA3 is a really really great game...
try it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

dropslash
Jul 15, 2003, 12:25 AM
The Tekken games, more specifically Tekken Tag and Tekken 4, are the exact opposite of what you claim they are. In these Tekken games button mashing will get you nowhere, that's what makes them such great games. They are probably the best technical fighting games avaliable. This is why they're used so often for tournaments, because you have to know what you're doing to get anywhere.

Yeah, you can mash kick with Eddy and Hworang, but you won't get anywhere, especially not against anyone who even has half an idea about how to play the game.

The game is designed to punish button-mashers, and it does a damn good job.

Reenee
Jul 15, 2003, 01:26 AM
You want a button masher? Go play Simpsons Wrestling.

If you're complaining about Tekken, you obviously don't know how to play it. It's a combo game. It takes some frickin' strategy. I can play it just fine, but Tekken 4 really messed things up, though. Doesn't feel right. But TTT is fantastic.

saffaya
Jul 15, 2003, 06:30 AM
_DOA2/3 in Tag mode (why on earth would you play one char instead of a pair ? Co-op ROCKS)
_GuiltyGear X/XX

DOA is as simple as Rock/scissor/paper.
punch beats throw, counter beats punch, throw beats counter.
When you get hit, you know exactly what you did wrong.
Crytal clear.
Tag combos and chaining combos with partner become a form of art, like a very precise dance.
Which can lead to some personal research amongst all the moves/combos available to find the ones you like most.

GuityGear X is freedom.
What if I did this right after that move ? OMG ! it works !!
And what about that right after this and that ?
It works too !!
The limit is actually your imagination.

After enjoying these two games, you'll never look back to the competion.
(that means playing Co-op tag mode to the fullest in DOA, and discovering that you can create any combo you like in GGX)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: saffaya on 2003-07-15 04:33 ]</font>

AnubisGodofEvil
Jul 15, 2003, 08:48 PM
Though I love the tekken series, I would have to say the Bloody Roar series is the best fighting game series there is. Sure, it takes a little while to get used to, hell, it took me about 2 years to master it. But when it comes to gameplay, there is none better. There are several charaters that I can easily do 1 combo, end the combo with/without a super combo, and annilate my opponents with that 1 combo. Plus, you get to turn into half-human/half-animal creatures. This game KICKS ASS!!!

btw, I'll stomp the holy-ever-loving-DOG SHIT out of ANYONE with "Gado the Lion."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AnubisGodofEvil on 2003-07-15 18:49 ]</font>

Vanango
Jul 17, 2003, 07:56 PM
Street Fighter II Turbo.

Any one play Ultimate Wrestling? I like the music a lot, it's always looping at work. I've never played but the music is fun.

Firocket1690
Jul 18, 2003, 10:20 AM
On 2002-10-29 17:37, Agent_Reav wrote:
Tekken is rather lame in my opinion as well... It just feels so washed out and boring. Gimme DOA3 anyday!

Edit: DOAXBV http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The Tekken games, more specifically Tekken Tag and Tekken 4, are the exact opposite of what you claim they are. In these Tekken games button mashing will get you nowhere, that's what makes them such great games. They are probably the best technical fighting games avaliable. This is why they're used so often for tournaments, because you have to know what you're doing to get anywhere.

Yeah, you can mash kick with Eddy and Hworang, but you won't get anywhere, especially not against anyone who even has half an idea about how to play the game.

The game is designed to punish button-mashers, and it does a damn good job.

actually ... the mash kick is called "Windmill" and it's done by Eddy Gordo and TIGER
Hworang is the one with the insane PUNCH combos

and a few of these combos can start from the first punch and end with a PERFECT KO. Usually means doesn't stop juggling the opponent till he dies http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bday.gif

AUTO_
Jul 18, 2003, 02:37 PM
Best Fighting game: Virtua Fighter 4.

Now there's strategy.

Shattered_weasel
Jul 18, 2003, 04:11 PM
OMG I hated virtua fighter it was the slowest thing i have ever played next to mortal kombat 4 (now theres a sucky game)

Fojar
Jul 21, 2003, 03:14 PM
i love fighting games, best is marvel vs. capcom 2....awesome

saffaya
Jul 22, 2003, 06:03 AM
On 2003-07-21 13:14, Fojar wrote:
i love fighting games, best is marvel vs. capcom 2....awesome

Do yourself a favor and go grab a copy of Guilty Gear X or XX.

Obscenity
Jul 22, 2003, 06:20 AM
I never really got into the Tekken games. Soul Calibur, on the other hand...

-drools like a Mongoloid in anticipation of SC2

Ryo_Hayasa
Jul 22, 2003, 09:52 AM
well, i'd have to say. i love fighting games but since i don't have a PS of any kind, i'm VERY bad at tekken. so i'm basically a capcom fighter person ish munagum etc etc.
though i did recently play Guilty Gear X2
that is a fun game, and button mashers can be delt with, counter throw them anything, it is just the same set of combos over and over adn over again, you can't let it get to you.