PDA

View Full Version : PSU!! yay

jkrox4eva
May 22, 2006, 03:27 PM
heres my question, who has already preordered it or are you just going to wait a little bit after it comes out... or are u just not going to get it at all.

zofia
May 22, 2006, 03:37 PM
Well, like I voted... I'm going to pre-order soon. I keep meaning to do it. But now that it's semi-close to coming to NA I guess it's time to get off my butt and get it pre-ordered! Thanks for the reminder, jk.

Kyuu
May 22, 2006, 03:49 PM
I'm going to preorder soon, however, I'm not going to be terribly worried about it until a release date is actually set. >.>

Lord_DS
May 22, 2006, 03:51 PM
preordered since january -_- zzZZZZzz

Deaf360
May 22, 2006, 03:56 PM
preorder since may 4th http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jolt
May 22, 2006, 03:57 PM
Preordered since march 2nd. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Saner
May 22, 2006, 04:47 PM
Im waiting for an official date. Even then I'll preorder maybe a week before it comes out.

no point pre-ordering now since we still have to wait and I don't think the demand will be as high as say, Halo 2. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

so even not pre-ordered I'm sure most people will still find a copy.

Pillan
May 22, 2006, 04:51 PM
On that note, I intend to just walk to the local Game Stop and pick it up on the release date. I can't imagine PSU sales being that high given the next-gen consol war influence.

Saner
May 22, 2006, 05:01 PM
hopefully they have good sales though. Im sure they will since PS2 is starving for a new online RPG with this quality, and some PC people are waiting for it too.

Xbox360 has people wanting it too but I can see that version getting the least sales due to the newness of the system, and people who don't wanna pay a fee on top of the Gold service they are already paying for.

but who knows the X360 might still surprise in sales, at least it would sell a lot more on that system than if they made a version for the...ugh....PSP or ultra expensive PS3. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-05-22 15:01 ]</font>

Pillan
May 22, 2006, 05:11 PM
On 2006-05-22 15:01, Saner wrote:
but who knows the X360 might still surprise in sales, at least it would sell a lot more on that system than if they made a version for the...ugh....PSP or ultra expensive PS3. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

The PS2 version won't run and allow online play with a PS3?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2006-05-22 15:11 ]</font>

Tystys
May 22, 2006, 05:22 PM
I was going to preoreder, but my dumbass bought Calll of Duty 2, and now I only have 50 bucks I need to keep for awhile because I need to pay some people back....
DAMN YOU COD2!
DAMN YOU TO HELLLLL

jkrox4eva
May 22, 2006, 05:31 PM
well yes, i preorderd for ps2 and i hear it doesnt accept voice chat? i still need online crap for it but ill wait to get that after im like midway through story mode probs. and i have the older ps2 not the slim, should i try to get the slim or will the old one work just as well, and i also heard the slim has a slower processer chip....

replys are amazing at helping people (like me) out.

Axios-
May 22, 2006, 05:32 PM
If your old PS2 still works, don't get the slim one.

zandra117
May 22, 2006, 05:36 PM
About Xbox Live:
Free xbox live silver accounts become xbox live gold accounts for the first 30 days then after that they become gold accounts on saturdays and sundays and on special events they become gold accounts for at least an entire week.

If you get PSU for xbox360 and if it is required to have xbox live gold to play online you can get a free silver account and only play online on weekends and special events after your 30 days expires and end up only paying for the HL.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-05-22 15:41 ]</font>

Pillan
May 22, 2006, 05:40 PM
On 2006-05-22 15:36, zandra117 wrote:
Free xbox live silver accounts become xbox live gold accounts for the first 30 days then after that they become gold accounts on saturdays and sundays and on special events they become gold accounts for at least an entire week. If you get PSU for xbox360 and if it is required to have xbox live gold to play online you can get a free silver account and only play online on weekends and special events after your 30 days expires and end up only paying for the HL.

I think anyone would feel silly paying $10 a month for PSU only to play on Saturday and Sunday...

zandra117
May 22, 2006, 05:44 PM
On 2006-05-22 15:40, Pillan wrote:

On 2006-05-22 15:36, zandra117 wrote:
Free xbox live silver accounts become xbox live gold accounts for the first 30 days then after that they become gold accounts on saturdays and sundays and on special events they become gold accounts for at least an entire week. If you get PSU for xbox360 and if it is required to have xbox live gold to play online you can get a free silver account and only play online on weekends and special events after your 30 days expires and end up only paying for the HL.

I think anyone would feel silly paying $10 a month for PSU only to play on Saturday and Sunday...

That scenario is only if they make it where you have to have xbox live gold. If they make it where you can have silver (like FFXI) then you can play anytime you want and only pay for HL.

Pillan
May 22, 2006, 06:07 PM
Oh. Thanks for clearing that up.

Saner
May 22, 2006, 06:17 PM
even with Gold, that doesnt pay for the fee, so either way, silver or gold, you still have to pay the fee. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Pillan
May 22, 2006, 06:24 PM
Yeah, but I'm sure we can all agree that it's better to pay the $50 a year for a full Xbox Live account on top of the $120 for PSU (assuming it's the same price as the others, of course) than to only play PSU on the weekends given that the game does require a Gold account.

Eh... I feel I'm straying too far from the original point of this topic, so I won't continue.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2006-05-22 16:29 ]</font>

zandra117
May 22, 2006, 06:25 PM
silver is free so if they go with the silver scenario (they most likely will) you will get to play whenever and only pay for HL, just like on ps2 and pc.

Saner
May 22, 2006, 06:26 PM
no one said it requires a Gold account.

FF11 can be played on any day with a silver account as long as you pay the PlayOnline fee.

Saner
May 22, 2006, 06:26 PM
On 2006-05-22 16:25, zandra117 wrote:
silver is free so if they go with the silver scenario (they most likely will) you will get to play whenever and only pay for HL, just like on ps2 and pc.

what is HL

Axios-
May 22, 2006, 06:29 PM
On 2006-05-22 16:26, Saner wrote:
what is HL

HL: Hunter's License. It's the name of the subscription you paid to play in PSO. It's often used to refer to the subscription for PSU.

Saner
May 22, 2006, 06:33 PM
aaah thats too confusing! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Hunters License? blah.

GL is more like it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

_Tek_
May 22, 2006, 07:50 PM
I'm just going to go to the store and get it whenever I get the chance.

jkrox4eva
May 22, 2006, 08:40 PM
lol now wtf does GL mean guild liscence?? idk just a guess. lol

Nisshoku
May 22, 2006, 08:45 PM
Pre-ordering once I get some money in, hopefully. Hopefully, I'll have enough saved for both the PS2 version, as well as the PC version for the release dates.

Rihcky
May 23, 2006, 02:40 AM
I'm not preordering untill a month before the release.

Numnuttz
May 23, 2006, 02:54 AM
gotta preorder mine soon since i just found out my other friends are going to play on ps2 and pc. /sigh no 360 version for me i guess .but this does mean more peopel for me to play with because the ps2 and pc severs will be linked.

jkrox4eva
May 23, 2006, 07:11 AM
well i thought they wern't for sure the ps2 and pc servers were gonna be linked. hopefully they are though, bcuz i am going to get the pc version later on once i get a good comp.

linkzone
May 23, 2006, 10:28 AM
i preordered it along time ago, and repreordered it again from a second website to see which will get it here first.

JAR
May 23, 2006, 06:09 PM
Ebgames has it listed it shipping here on october 24 so I hope it doesn't come any later than that month. If anyone knows a place that's getting it sooner please post it.

CherryLunar
May 23, 2006, 06:36 PM
I want to wait on the release date first. I also want to see if there are going to be any goodies for pre-ordering. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT: PC version here. PC MMOs seem more free than console ones. :3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CherryLunar on 2006-05-23 16:37 ]</font>

jkrox4eva
May 24, 2006, 06:21 PM
unless you dont have a good PC... cough me cough...... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

TheGreyCliche
May 29, 2006, 08:23 PM
i just preordered today for the xbox360... EB games has it down for late october, man i hope it gets here before that.

Nuclearranger
May 29, 2006, 09:53 PM
Could someone PM me about ~ Does it cost more to preorder it than to just buy it when it comes out? IF so how much

NightHour13
May 29, 2006, 10:00 PM
Waiting for an official date really. untill then im not putting money on anything. My luck this game goes to hell and gets discontinued.

CupOfCoffee
May 29, 2006, 10:06 PM
I, for one, have no plans to buy PSU. I just can't get up the will to play video games much anymore, especially online ones. They just require more time and effort than I'm willing to spend. Maybe one day in the very distant future, though, when I have a severe shortage of things to do, I'll pick it up and try it out.

Dre_o
May 29, 2006, 10:23 PM
On 2006-05-29 20:06, CupOfCoffee wrote:
I, for one, have no plans to buy PSU. I just can't get up the will to play video games much anymore, especially online ones. They just require more time and effort than I'm willing to spend. Maybe one day in the very distant future, though, when I have a severe shortage of things to do, I'll pick it up and try it out.

Cup...buddy...you and I will always be friends....and I respect your opinion and all but.....this paragraph makes me want to yell at you continuously...the best things in life have to be worked for. that is all I will say.

Shrevn
May 29, 2006, 11:41 PM
no need to preorder... theres like 4 eb/gamestops around my house... one must have them by release http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

CupOfCoffee
May 30, 2006, 12:26 AM
On 2006-05-29 20:23, Dre_o wrote:
Cup...buddy...you and I will always be friends....and I respect your opinion and all but.....this paragraph makes me want to yell at you continuously...the best things in life have to be worked for. that is all I will say.

*cracks up* Ah man, I wrote that totally wrong. I meant that I'm not willing to spend that much time and effort on a video game. As I get older and work, school, and my friends all become bigger priorities than the computer, I simply can't justify giving online games as much of my time as I used to. I couldn't agree with you more that hard work is basically what gets you where you need to go in life.

Ryoten
May 30, 2006, 02:14 PM
Preordered mines in Feb. Now the only thing I have to do is wait. >.<