PDA

View Full Version : technic, photon arts and force questions. please clarify.

justinbrady
May 22, 2006, 07:22 PM
alright so i am reading the info about the technics, photon arts and forces and i cant get a strong grasp of what they are talking about when they talk about photon arts and technics. from my understanding you can buy/find discs like previous pso's but then instead of just learning it you put it on ur weapon and each weapon has a max. so you have to swicth between weapons to use different spells? once you learn a lot of spells? and photon arts are like special little skills or techniques for rangers and hunters? i am sure you guys know whats going on with this so please clarify my questions above. thank you.

Axios-
May 22, 2006, 07:27 PM
You can assign technics to force weapons with wands holding 2 and staves holding 4. If you need to use a tech that isn't on your current weapon, yes, you'll need to switch. Photon arts are special skills for hunters unique to your current weapon, and I think it refers to special bullets for rangers. I'm not entirely certain.

Dre_o
May 22, 2006, 07:39 PM
sigh...50 billionth time (kiddin)

Techs=Force weapons (assign techs to different weapons Canes=2 Staves=4 etc)

Photon Arts= Hunter weapons (special animated attacks with certain elements on certain weapons)

Photon Bullets= Ranger weapons (bullets may add status conditions with respect to the kind of bullet i.e Fire=Burn Ice=Freeze Lightning=Stun ish not exactly sure

jkrox4eva
May 22, 2006, 09:06 PM
i must also thank you bcuz i also had the same questions. but then again,, can hunters use techniques saying they cant use staves and canes.... hmph.

Axios-
May 22, 2006, 09:20 PM
It looks like you can't use techs while you're set to hunter. I hope eventually they open up -.-

jkrox4eva
May 22, 2006, 09:24 PM
nooo the only reasons i was hunters was to use spells and be close range...
NOOOO CURSE YOU PSU (jk) but still im p-o'd

Axios-
May 22, 2006, 09:30 PM
I think that forces can access simple melee weapons, but meleeing won't be easy. Well, not nearly as easy as it was on PSO.

hypersaxon
May 23, 2006, 12:40 AM
On 2006-05-22 19:30, Axios- wrote:
I think that forces can access simple melee weapons, but meleeing won't be easy. Well, not nearly as easy as it was on PSO.

Force weapons are right handed only though, so if you tried to melee you'd loose your spell-casting ability.

I know a lot of people are upset about the inability to cast spells as other classes, but it's necessary in order to maintain a balance between each class. Now that Forces have magic exclusively to themselves, it makes them extremely more important than before, since the only way you'll be able to get S/D/J/Z is from a Force.

Yeah, it's fun to have an all-purpose character who can do whatever he wants, but anyone who played the original PSO knows that when you're a HUmar who can slice monsters AND cast Grants and Megid, it kind of takes away from the other classes lol the way they have it set up for the new game, each class is more defined and plays a specific role in a party. And I think it will work out extremely well in the end.

Inazuma
May 23, 2006, 01:04 AM
On 2006-05-22 22:40, hypersaxon wrote:
I know a lot of people are upset about the inability to cast spells as other classes, but it's necessary in order to maintain a balance between each class. Now that Forces have magic exclusively to themselves, it makes them extremely more important than before, since the only way you'll be able to get S/D/J/Z is from a Force.

actually, you can get attack/defense/ata & evade/magic attk & mind power boosts from items. there is even one item that gives you all 4 at the same time. check out next to my name in the picture:
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/3606/psu200605101932380472nc.th.jpg (http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psu200605101932380472nc.jpg)

therealAERO
May 23, 2006, 01:17 AM
Was that what the Cosmo Atomizer does?

Also the only reason you can't use Photon Arts when switching from a hunter is because it minuses 10 from the hunter rank and adds it to your Force/Ranger rank. So it is possible to use a Photon Art. It just has to be level 20. So if your Photon Art for your Saber was lvl 10 and you could do a photon art as a hunter. Well than you won't be able to do it as a Ranger/Force, because it minuses 10, but you can do it if its level 20. Something you can only get when you are a Hunter. You get what I mean...right?

Hunter Photon Art Caps for beta Lv 20
Ranger Photon Art Caps for beta lv 20
Force Photon Art Caps for beta lv 20

Photon Art cap for E32006 appeared to be level 30 as I could do 3 photon art attacks, also some of the weapons shown on the beta had different photon arts in game. For example the Fist weapon. Instead of 4 hit hard punches, it charges one huge ass piercing punch that does way more damage, but that could also be because it was level 30.

mechatra
May 23, 2006, 07:35 AM
I believe there are different sets of Photon arts for hunters.

Infact... Aren't hunter photon arts called "Skills"?
Anyway, we've seen the basic string for the spear Skills in the beta, being an overhead swing to a upwards thrust, then three quick stabs.

But in the battle of video, and some of the new vids we see Ethan using a different Skill with the spear where he swings it around himself repeatedly (he actually does two of these photon arts in the battle of movie)

Finally in the same movie we also see Ethan do a photon art with the spear where he dives into the air and rapidly stabs downward, then follows with a sideways smash photon art.

This leads me to believe that there will be 3 or 4 different start Skills for weapons that you can asign, then as they level up they chain on attacks.

Inazuma
May 23, 2006, 10:10 AM
On 2006-05-22 23:17, therealAERO wrote:
Was that what the Cosmo Atomizer does?

i have no idea what the cosmo atomizer does since i never used one. but i got the 4 stat boosts from an item i created w/ my pm called megisutaraido. it was written in katakana.

mechatra
May 23, 2006, 10:13 AM
i have no idea what the cosmo atomizer does since i never used one. but i got the 4 stat boosts from an item i created w/ my pm called megisutaraido. it was written in katakana.

Errrr...

Megi-star-raid??? =S