PDA

View Full Version : Theme Song

Miphesto
May 24, 2006, 09:16 PM
what do u guys think of it?

Blitzkommando
May 24, 2006, 09:30 PM
Saying it was garbage would be an insult to Garbage.

Authenticate
May 24, 2006, 09:37 PM
It's better in Japanese. I say this not because the english singer is bad, but because the words to the song are corny. If they make it so you can't skip the opening, I'll be forced to mute my TV. I repeat, this is not because the english singer is bad, she sounds fine to me, it's because I don't like the words.

Uncle_bob
May 24, 2006, 09:39 PM
The OLD version wasn't so bad. But after they ruined it with the vocals...ugh. It makes me sad.

Ash1ey
May 24, 2006, 09:45 PM
On 2006-05-24 19:37, Authenticate wrote:
It's better in Japanese. I say this not because the english singer is bad, but because the words to the song are corny. If they make it so you can't skip the opening, I'll be forced to mute my TV. I repeat, this is not because the english singer is bad, she sounds fine to me, it's because I don't like the words.

Did i miss something? I dont ever remember the song being in Japanese... I always remember it being in English... NOt trying to be a smart ass or anything like that, I just really dont ever remember hearing it in anything other then English, and am interested.
I'm behind the times, sadly

Anyway, I like the song. But it doesnt have anything on World With me or can still see the light, those are amazing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Steve II on 2006-05-24 19:46 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Steve II on 2006-05-24 19:51 ]</font>

Tomeeboy
May 24, 2006, 09:46 PM
It's kind of catchy (of course, I've heard it about 50 times by now). I think it could be a lot worse http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Blitzkommando
May 24, 2006, 09:52 PM
On 2006-05-24 19:45, Steve II wrote:

Did i miss something? I dont ever remember the song being in Japanese... I always remember it being in English... NOt trying to be a smart ass or anything like that, I just really dont ever remember hearing it in anything other then English, and am interested.

Anyway, I like the song. But it doesnt have anything on World With me or can still see the light, those are amazing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Steve II on 2006-05-24 19:46 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Steve II on 2006-05-24 19:51 ]</font>

I remember hearing it loop about a million times when they had the live video feeds up on the PSU website.

Pillan
May 24, 2006, 10:20 PM
On 2006-05-24 19:45, Steve II wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's always been in English, like the other four songs in PSO. Also, like the other four songs in PSO, I don't have a taste for it.

A2K
May 24, 2006, 10:26 PM
Like a lot of things, it eventually grew on me. It is really is quite catchy.

ANIMEniac
May 24, 2006, 10:31 PM
the song is mad amounts of catchy...but as Authenticate staded, the lyrics are more corny than popCORN flavored CORN bread (ewww corny joke and disgusting thought). so what i do is ither humm it or only half listen and pretend i cans speak english so i hear the vocals but not understand them lol.

Note: try it, it's fun! go into a crowded place and listen to avery1 talk like u cant understand them... it makes the english language sound funny, like saying the word "spoon" too many times

Kyuu
May 25, 2006, 12:29 AM
It's definitely catchy, and the lyrics aren't really that terrible. The opening to it is the worst part, and that's the part that was very unfortunately looped way too much and probably ruined some people's taste for it. I actually watched the trailers a couple times just to have the song playing in the background once or twice.

Not a masterpiece, but I like it.

Edit: What I should have said is, it's no Nobuo Uematsu. =P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-05-24 22:29 ]</font>

peenk
May 25, 2006, 12:47 AM
Song sux period.
DUMBEST lyrics, music not inspiring and that bish that sings it sounds cheesy too.
But then no one will get this game for its opening theme song so it doesnt really matter. Lets hope ST actually put thier resources to BETTER use and that is the reason for that retarted song.

ANIMEniac
May 25, 2006, 02:36 AM
straight up, there was no need to refer to her as a "bish".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ANIMEniac on 2006-05-25 00:39 ]</font>

Shivore
May 25, 2006, 05:21 AM
Actually I really like it. The only thing I don't like is the reference to the world as "Starship Earth" that's both a little corny, and downright false, as we know the world isn't Earth. Other than that, I think it's great. Not knowing a lot of the story details it's hard to say, but I'd guess it probably does serve as a good opening to the story.

Fleece
May 25, 2006, 05:37 AM
It was always in English, ya deaf fooks Lol

Rihcky
May 25, 2006, 05:54 AM
It's garbage!

Ash1ey
May 25, 2006, 07:45 AM
On 2006-05-25 03:37, Fleece wrote:
It was always in English, ya deaf fooks Lol

Thats what I though, thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Steve II on 2006-05-25 05:46 ]</font>

Authenticate
May 25, 2006, 06:31 PM
i iz tarded. I know I've heard a different version that I liked more, though. It probably was the one without the singing. I guess I assumed that one was the Japanese version of it.

Miphesto
May 25, 2006, 08:03 PM
yeah lol... when i heard 'it's called starship earth!!!' i was like...omfg she did not just say that....made me feel like i was watching sesame street while sucking down some gerber or something... i dont like that the fact that my interest in the game means that i support that crappy theme song lol

SirenV
May 27, 2006, 02:08 AM
Yeah.. I thought the lyrics were elementary, they made me feel stupid when I was hearing them ... kind of like bad poetry that's trying to be serious but it's actually dumb and makes you feel like a complete idiot. But as the interview suggests they were VERY SPECIFIC on how they wanted it... makes you wonder.. sort of.. lol. hmph

DraginHikari
May 27, 2006, 06:35 AM
I don't really see what the big deal is honsetly... just another song. At least it's a song and not remixed techno or something like that like alot of games do when they come over. As corny as the lyrics were I thought they did a nice job with it anyway... I've still taken to it anyway enough that I put it on my own library which I don't usually keep alot outside of soundtracks on.

RFB
May 27, 2006, 07:20 AM
Music = good.
Lyrics = hand me a gun, will ya? I need to blow my brains out of my skull.

What I'm really wondering, is, what happened to the music in this video? http://www.pso-world.com/downloads/psu/trailers/2004E3Trailer.asf
Since that one video, the first PSU video ever, I think we've never heard any track like it, either in another video, or in the Beta.
And I havent seen a single picture of that HUcaseal type of character, as well as the ugly guy she's training with. I guess both characters and those beautiful orchestral songs have been discarded?

Fleece
May 27, 2006, 07:26 AM
I like how you can see how they've changed the characters since their conception. I havn't seen that video for a while.

Mokona99
May 27, 2006, 07:55 AM
You have to remember though that Sega didn't really give her much info on what kind of song to write or what song will fit so you can't blame her. Sega was too stupid to not tell her ANY kind of info.

SirenV
May 27, 2006, 12:53 PM
Well right, you can't blame her at all. She had no input on anything with the song besides "trying to capture the correct feeling" She had no input on the writing of the song or lyrics.

From the interview - "Kelli Sae: No I did not write the lyrics at all"

"...So they probably wrote it that way on purpose. I will tell you that they were very specific in how they wanted the melody."

I think she was an interesting choice for vocals, but it was probably some Japanese guy who wrote the lyrics and didnt quite understand how they would come across to native English speakers. Either that or he wrote them originally in Japanese and they were poorly translated, or they hired some person who didn't know anything about the game to come up with them. I mean they're "Correct" but... weak. Like OK for the ideas that are stated but... the presentation is not so hot.

The music itself isn't bad, however. And yeah it's pretty catchy.

Edit: The big deal is that this is the main theme to the latest installment of "console" Phantasy Star as well as the online component. They shouldn't screw it up by making it too generic, or something that doesn't represent the actual feeling or environment of the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SirenV on 2006-05-27 11:21 ]</font>

justinbrady
May 27, 2006, 01:01 PM
i like it. gives it a fun epic feel

JAR
May 27, 2006, 10:48 PM
They should've just left it as generic instrumental, hands down!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JAR on 2006-05-27 20:55 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
May 28, 2006, 12:26 AM
I've said this before, but I hate it. Generic J-pop tune with terrible cliched lyrics that make absolutely no sense. Shit, Real Emotion was better than this crap.

Bleh. I'd rather listen to Phantasy Star I's title screen music for six hours straight than listen to this once, at least PSI's title screen music doesn't make me want to wear horrible black plastic glasses and hoodies and slit my wrists while going on about how emo and gawth I am. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Sotaka
May 28, 2006, 11:10 AM
It's actually pretty good, if you ask me. And it's very catchy, too.