PDA

View Full Version : Field Lobbies

Oji_Retta
May 26, 2006, 02:04 PM
I heard the prhase Field Lobby used in a certain thread. Can someone explain it in detail. Can you disband your party there and form a new one?

RoninJoku
May 26, 2006, 03:00 PM
I believe you mean the "checkpoint" like places... As far as I know, they are like a miniature lobby that you are taken to after beating certain parts of missions. Within them you can interact with all the other players who are currently in that lobby regardless of if they were on your party for the mission or not... As far as making new groups go, I'm not really sure, but I'm thinking the answer is yes... Of course a beta tester will need to elaborate on the subject.

Also you can take your clothes off in one of these "field lobbies" and enjoy a nice dip in the hot-springs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Saner
May 26, 2006, 05:34 PM
On 2006-05-26 13:00, RurouniJoku wrote:
I believe you mean the "checkpoint" like places... As far as I know, they are like a miniature lobby that you are taken to after beating certain parts of missions. Within them you can interact with all the other players who are currently in that lobby regardless of if they were on your party for the mission or not... As far as making new groups go, I'm not really sure, but I'm thinking the answer is yes... Of course a beta tester will need to elaborate on the subject.

Also you can take your clothes off in one of these "field lobbies" and enjoy a nice dip in the hot-springs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

of course not all of your clothes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

_Tek_
May 26, 2006, 07:22 PM
I heard you can take clothing items off during gameplay.

Ryna
May 26, 2006, 07:29 PM
Checkpoints are small (usually military) encampments where you can buy healing supplies and recharge your PP. After you are finish resupplying, you can move on to the next stage. There seem to be a couple of "resting" checkpoints, such as the hot springs on Neudaiz. They feature a recharging cube and item vendor, but don't allow you to go to another area.

Shrevn
May 27, 2006, 01:13 PM
well that seems like a good idea small pit stops you might say along the way to wherever it is you're heading seems good.
What im wondering is overall they say 1000 ppl per lobby does that mean server? or what exactly are all servers linked together? not like WOW, FFXI where you pick a server and you're stuck to it right?

Kyuu
May 27, 2006, 01:23 PM
There are different servers that can hold 1000 people each. Unlike in WoW and FFXI, you choose what server to play on when you log in, and can switch servers at any time.

Saner
May 27, 2006, 01:57 PM
yup and each server has its own version of the solar system.

well its the same version (more liek a parallel dimension) but like different people in it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ryoten
May 27, 2006, 02:23 PM
With each server going on, different people can come & go as they please. I hope there aren't any slow downs within the game.

Saner
May 27, 2006, 02:36 PM
I doubbt there will be serious slow downs but if there is a lot of people bunched up it can't be helped since the system can only handle so much before it lags/drops in framerate.

the same with all online RPGs and stuff. but I doubt the slowdown/framerate/ag will be as bad as .....FF11 Jeuno lol. cause FF11 supports 56k connection so obviously their performance is much worse when there is a lot going on.

Ryoten
May 27, 2006, 03:07 PM
Yeah you're right about that. Each server can hold up to a 1000 people so many people won't have to keep going between different server to find the right people to play with since everyone is basically the same anywhere you go.

Uri
May 27, 2006, 03:28 PM
Good idea from Sega. I look forward to it. Hopefully I can get a cocktail while I'm in the spring.

kassy
May 27, 2006, 04:01 PM
The shots of the springs look great, looking forward to taking a dip http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kimil
May 27, 2006, 04:20 PM
so... can you form up new psrties in the check points?
Also I've heard that from the checkpoint, you can choose different 'branches' of the missions to take, is this true?

NightHour13
May 27, 2006, 05:19 PM
Wait i dont get it. If it's a mission, wouldnt you just zap up after it's done? Or are you actually traveling towards somthing, but only in mission style?

Example A: First 3 missions are these forested areas, whatever. You finish them and you walk into the cave (which is the end of the mission for example). The next screen is a little outpost where you can restock?

If thats true then it's sorta like free-roam but more segmented.

Oh yeah and Example B: A man is walking down the street and a hippopotamus is launched straight at him. He decides that he has to act fast, but oops, not fast enough. The man is now hippopotamatized (say that 5 times fast).

Ryna
May 27, 2006, 06:18 PM
On 2006-05-27 14:20, Kimil wrote:
so... can you form up new psrties in the check points?
Also I've heard that from the checkpoint, you can choose different 'branches' of the missions to take, is this true?

You can disband and form new parties at check points. Also, you can choose different branches. For example, at the first Parum checkpoint, you can either go to Relics or go fight De Ragan.

On 2006-05-27 15:19, NightHour13 wrote:
Wait i dont get it. If it's a mission, wouldnt you just zap up after it's done? Or are you actually traveling towards somthing, but only in mission style?

Example A: First 3 missions are these forested areas, whatever. You finish them and you walk into the cave (which is the end of the mission for example). The next screen is a little outpost where you can restock?

If thats true then it's sorta like free-roam but more segmented.

If you want to think of it in PSO terms, you would do Forest 1 and then visit a checkpoint. From there, you would have the option of doing a side-quest (Relics) or heading straight for Forest 2 and De Ragan. After you fight De Ragan, you'll be taken to yet another checkpoint. If you take the side-quest, you'll come back out at the checkpoint just after "Forest 1."

NightHour13
May 28, 2006, 12:38 AM
I see. From there, do you still continue to travel out of the forest and into other area's? Or finnaly, after De Ragan do you get automatically zapped back to the guardian colony..?

Ryna
May 28, 2006, 07:09 AM
On 2006-05-27 22:38, NightHour13 wrote:
I see. From there, do you still continue to travel out of the forest and into other area's? Or finnaly, after De Ragan do you get automatically zapped back to the guardian colony..?

After you beat De Ragan, you'll be taken to a new checkpoint. It is speculated that you'll be able to take another new mission there in the final game. During closed beta, there weren't any new missions for that checkpoint. So players just typically took the warp back to Holtes City.

Saner
May 28, 2006, 04:19 PM
I see,

this must be their way to add new areas if they plan on expanding those checkpoints in the future.

Keyeszx
May 28, 2006, 09:56 PM
ok i want to play this game and try these checkpoints or watever and see if i like them

P.S. does ne1 have gameplay footage besides the one PSOW has

Axios-
May 28, 2006, 10:03 PM
There's a magical, magical thread called "PSU Screenshot and Movie Thread". It can even be found in the stickies.

Keyeszx
May 28, 2006, 10:15 PM
oh yeah i just wasn't thinking with this C grade average