PDA

View Full Version : PSU Systems.

krad
May 26, 2006, 02:22 PM
so what system is every one buying PSU for???
im getting it for the PS2 cuz the 360 caust to much and my PC sucks so thats out of the question.

KaiNova7
May 26, 2006, 02:45 PM
P.................S.................2.........

mechatra
May 26, 2006, 02:48 PM
Isn't there a poll for this somewhere already?

*votes anyway*

ShadowDragon28
May 26, 2006, 02:51 PM
My spare funds are limited, so i'll be getting PSU for the PS2, first I've got to save up to get a pre-owned slim PS2, as well as save up my spare cash for PSU.

I hope it's easy to set-up the online connection with PSU and the PS2...

RoninJoku
May 26, 2006, 02:54 PM
On 2006-05-26 12:48, mechatra wrote:
Isn't there a poll for this somewhere already?

*votes anyway*

I assure you there are quite a few floating around already, friend...

psst, you spelled cost wrong! >.<

Saiffy
May 26, 2006, 03:08 PM
PS2. Buying a slim one in a month or two, my old one has trouble reading disks, and my bro might be taking it when he moves out.

If you can use your PS2 online characters on PC and vice-versa, I could get both http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Espilonarge
May 26, 2006, 03:37 PM
I'm trying to get a PS2 but with the "special" going on at a certain store, its hard getting a hold of one. Till then I'll just stick to waiting for the PC version, atleast I can make full use of changing the graphic/resolution settings.

A2K
May 26, 2006, 04:32 PM
PC, unless it turns out the 360 version can play on the same servers.

Saner
May 26, 2006, 05:28 PM
PS2.

Xbox360 gamers are known to abuse their headsets and talk about ALL sorts of stuff, which just wouldn't fit in a online RPG atmosphere.

Reystradamus
May 26, 2006, 05:32 PM
im gettin it FOR Ps2 Bigger Community and i my pc sux

SirenV
May 26, 2006, 05:38 PM
PC... still hoping for a Wii version (Doesn't need motion functionality, they have the gamecube-style controllers that'd work just fine for it). I'd prefer to keep it console.. but if it doesnt come out for that I'll go PC.

Saner
May 26, 2006, 05:46 PM
On 2006-05-26 15:38, SirenV wrote:
PC... still hoping for a Wii version (Doesn't need motion functionality, they have the gamecube-style controllers that'd work just fine for it). I'd prefer to keep it console.. but if it doesnt come out for that I'll go PC.

if you prefer consoles, why hope for a Wii version (which wouldn't come until maybe late next year) when you can get a PS2 and network adapter (or slim PS2) for much less? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

HyperShot-X-
May 26, 2006, 05:53 PM
my 360 is ready already for PSU which i bought only for this game, same as i did w/ my original xbox for PSO epI&II abour 3 yrs ago to continue playing after dc v2. server went down...i expect nothing less than what i'm paying for this game whichever way it turns out to be 5 months later when released here in U.S.....hmmm

Saiffy
May 26, 2006, 05:55 PM

PSU could possibly not work with a GC controller. Remember, the GC controller has 7 buttons, c-stick, d-pad and joystick. PS2 controller has 4 shoulder buttons, 4 buttoms, two joypads that function as buttons as well, and a d-pad.

That being said, even if they did use the Wii controller to solve this, I'm wondering how well motion senstivity would work with even PSO(That is, I'm 99% certain it wouldn't work well), and PSU is even more complex.

Saner
May 26, 2006, 06:01 PM
On 2006-05-26 15:55, Saiffy wrote:

PSU could possibly not work with a GC controller. Remember, the GC controller has 7 buttons, c-stick, d-pad and joystick. PS2 controller has 4 shoulder buttons, 4 buttoms, two joypads that function as buttons as well, and a d-pad.

That being said, even if they did use the Wii controller to solve this, I'm wondering how well motion senstivity would work with even PSO(That is, I'm 99% certain it wouldn't work well), and PSU is even more complex.

those Wii controllers are silly. the Castlevania producer is right. People would tire themselves out too quickly before they even play a game for an hour.

then there's the issue of the Responsiveness of the controllers with your actions. its like those mic-controlled party games. you usually have to repeat yourself for it to respond. very annoying.

I can only imagine the news reports of injuries or sweaty Wii kids polluting our air. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Axios-
May 26, 2006, 06:09 PM
The lack of one button is not a hard problem for a game company to overcome.

Miphesto
May 26, 2006, 07:18 PM
i've made this forum like twice...and i'm sure there has been more than one copy cat...

McLaughlin
May 26, 2006, 07:22 PM
On 2006-05-26 15:28, Saner wrote:
PS2.

Xbox360 gamers are known to abuse their headsets and talk about ALL sorts of stuff, which just wouldn't fit in a online RPG atmosphere.

If the PS2 had a universal headset (that supported all games) you'd hear as much, if not more, voice spamming. I'm voting for more because the PS2 is alot cheaper. You don't hear PS2 owners complaining because they don't have the means to (No headset).

*Voted for Xbox 360*

McLaughlin
May 26, 2006, 07:32 PM
On 2006-05-26 16:01, Saner wrote:

On 2006-05-26 15:55, Saiffy wrote:

those Wii controllers are silly. the Castlevania producer is right. People would tire themselves out too quickly before they even play a game for an hour.

then there's the issue of the Responsiveness of the controllers with your actions. its like those mic-controlled party games. you usually have to repeat yourself for it to respond. very annoying.

I can only imagine the news reports of injuries or sweaty Wii kids polluting our air. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

If you watched the Nintendo conference at E3, you'd have seen the game responds instantaniously when the Wii-mote is moved. If the motions sensitivity doesn't work well with a particular game, it's the develoer's responsibility to either make it work, or disclude it from the end product.

To injure youself using the Wii is sheer stupidity on the part of the customer. That isn't even an argument. If you sweat after an hour of moving a remote, you have bigger issues than polluting the air with your stench.

Inazuma
May 26, 2006, 07:53 PM
the pc ver is the best for graphics and control, so its a no-brainer for me.

Alisha
May 26, 2006, 08:01 PM
On 2006-05-26 17:53, Inazuma wrote:
the pc ver is the best for graphics and control, so its a no-brainer for me.

lol for graphics i agree but not control.
and saify dont forget that the c-stick can function as 4 puttons

Axios-
May 26, 2006, 08:11 PM
Yeah, but on the PC you can use a variety of gamepads and assing the functions as you want. So if the control isn't the best, at least it's the most flexible.

Sgt_Shligger
May 26, 2006, 08:26 PM
On 2006-05-26 18:11, Axios- wrote:
Yeah, but on the PC you can use a variety of gamepads and assing the functions as you want. So if the control isn't the best, at least it's the most flexible.

Axios is right, there is a HUGE selection of controls for the PC but you have to do some searching. They have flight sticks, throttles, controllers, custom keyboards.... list goes pretty far. I myself bought an Xbox360 controller for my PC (ironicly.)

TheGreyCliche
May 26, 2006, 08:51 PM
C'mon! where's all my xbox 360 users?

well, i'll be on the 360, because i'm not buying a playstation and frankly my PC is of questionable worth.

by the by, this is my first post here on the PSO-World forums, just letting you guys know i'm very excited about this game.

EDIT: Don't use offensive language.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-05-26 19:11 ]</font>

SirenV
May 26, 2006, 09:41 PM
Well, that's why I said the motion sensing capabilities aren't a necessity. They have the gamecube style controllers as well (or just use an actual gamecube controller), to do something like motion fighting now would probably be cumbersome and impossible anyway. I'd like it on the wii becuase having bought a new computer recently I don't have the exactly funds for a 360 (might as well play it on pc anyway), so its cheaper than that and no doubt faster than the ps2, and is still a console. Granted I could buy a controller for the computer, but Phantasy Star in general has been a console experience for me and I kind of wanted to keep it that way. I have a computer that can easily accomodate PSU so you can bet I'm going with that over the ps2. But if I would be getting a Wii anyway *Shrug*. ANYWAY Its not a huge deal, lol. The good graphics will be a major plus for the PC anyway, so that's where I'm heading, lol. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Saner
May 26, 2006, 10:06 PM
PC isn't worth all the problems and tweaks to have everything running smooth and beautifully and comfortably. Not to mention the cost. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

anyway sitting upright in front of a monitor with a keyboard for main controls and dragging a mouse is not my kind of comfort. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The primary type of communication is text communication so X360 headset users would have a hard time communicating with non-X360ers (if the servers are linked),
and therefore they would isolate themselves from the rest or get themselves a keyboard.

I would 100% use a keyboard if I was getting the X360 version anyway. (I mean use a keyboard for communication). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-05-26 20:07 ]</font>

Miphesto
May 26, 2006, 11:24 PM
yeah everyone knows that the 360 is the all around best choice...just doesnt work out for some people because they dont wanna drop 400$ for one game, or hardheads that argue that the PC is better...

noone is buying this game for the graphics...because they will vary little from system to system... and yes, pc does have alot of control options, but getting them to work exactly the way you want sucks...especially if u just got the game and u want to plug in and play...

dont get me started on comfortability issues....pc is the most uncomfortable console to play besides coin operated arcade machines....i dont care what your setup is...

and when u think about it, if you dont already have a pc, or a decent one at that...you'll be droppin alot more than 400$...

i like to see the people on this site's reaction, but i know the polls will lean toward PC...because what are we using? duh...
i guarantee if there was a psu forum you could access through the xbox live interface on the 360, thier polls would be leaning in their favor too...

argue all you want, but the fact stands, the 360 is the prime choice for optimum enjoyment for this particular application.

Axios-
May 26, 2006, 11:30 PM
On 2006-05-26 21:24, Miphesto wrote:
argue all you want, but the fact stands, the 360 is the prime choice for optimum enjoyment for this particular application.

I'd almost agree with that if it weren't for the likeliness that the 360 servers will be separate and thus left to their own relatively small population. I don't have anything against the 360, but population size is kind of important in an online game.

Inazuma
May 27, 2006, 12:00 AM
how could the ps2 possibly be better for control, when the pc can do everything the ps2 can plus more?

for example:

i used a ps2 controller for psobb on the pc. i had EVERYTHING set to the controller! yes, even all of the hotkeys, shortcuts to menus and even auto walk/run and a turbo enter key button.

now, how could the ps2 possibly beat that?

Kyuu
May 27, 2006, 12:29 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure how the 360 is the "prime choice for optimum enjoyment for this particular application." ... Why? What benefit does the 360 offer that my PC doesn't? I can use the mouse and keyboard controllers, or use my XBox 360 controller for my computer, whichever I like better. The graphics will be fine as long as your computer isn't 5 years old, and great if you have a decent computer. I'm also willing to bet the PC community will be larger than the 360 community. In fact, as others have stated, the 360 community is likely to be the smallest.

Use whatever you want, but don't pretend that your choice is "obviously" the best one. Even if I had the money to pick up a 360, I'd still play it on my computer.

Axios-
May 27, 2006, 12:38 AM
On 2006-05-26 22:29, Kyuu wrote:
Yeah, I'm not sure how the 360 is the "prime choice for optimum enjoyment for this particular application." ... Why? What benefit does the 360 offer that my PC doesn't? I can use the mouse and keyboard controllers, or use my XBox 360 controller for my computer, whichever I like better. The graphics will be fine as long as your computer isn't 5 years old, and great if you have a decent computer. I'm also willing to bet the PC community will be larger than the 360 community. In fact, as others have stated, the 360 community is likely to be the smallest.

Use whatever you want, but don't pretend that your choice is "obviously" the best one. Even if I had the money to pick up a 360, I'd still play it on my computer.

I'd say that's correct as well, but ST has said and I agree that PSU is still a console-based game. That means that it's tailored to work well on console controls. (It working well on PC controls is a given; this just shows that it's not limited) With that said, some people prefer console gaming over PC solely for the feel and setup of it. After all, I am a console gamer. I prefer consoles over PCs. There I said it. However, I don't have PS2, and I'm not getting a 360. My PC is good enough to handle PSU so that's where I'll be playing.

Oh, and because it's sort of related, this is the main reason I'd want a Wii version. I'm buying a Wii, and I'd love to see PSU on there regardless of controller functionality or not just so I could get to play it on a console without having to go buy one with a single game in mind.

SirenV
May 27, 2006, 01:21 AM
Exactly! Hehe.

I have an idea. Buy everything, slam them together into a hideous abomination of hardware and play that way.

EJ
May 27, 2006, 01:31 AM
Pc verison since I have the old ps2 and I got use to playing PSO on it so sticking to pc.

DarthTyranus
May 27, 2006, 01:55 AM
Well, if I were to get this game on my PS2, I'll need to get a Network Adapter first. Then I gotta figure out it works after that. Basically, I find it easier just to psych up my PC. My uncle can get parts for me dirt cheap, and he throw's em in me tower free of charge.

ANIMEniac
May 27, 2006, 03:08 AM
im getting it 4 the 360 cause 1) i have one so it wont be extra cost, 2) since im off to gollege in a few months i wont be able to play on my dads PS2 (though i may buy a pancake ps2), 3) im not sure if the new laptop im getting will be able to runn it cleanly. but that said, if the 360 servers are separate, i may also get a ps2/pc copy if i can use the same hunters liscense

DraginHikari
May 27, 2006, 06:32 AM
I'll be sticking to PC, I have both my pc and ps2 both in my room however I enjoy it over my console since I do about everything else on it.

As for the 360 I don't own one and I have no intention of ever owning one. I'm not bashing anyone for it, but I just don't like nor support the x-box in general.

Fleece
May 27, 2006, 06:57 AM
PC is best, I lack a ps2 and 360. I have a 360 pad though I used it on blue burst and they only take 3 seconds to configure.

ALSO : To those people that used a 360 pad on Blue Burst I'd like to inform you the analogue shoulder buttons are fully supported by PSU.

PJ
May 27, 2006, 08:46 AM
On 2006-05-26 22:00, Inazuma wrote:
how could the ps2 possibly be better for control, when the pc can do everything the ps2 can plus more?

for example:

i used a ps2 controller for psobb on the pc. i had EVERYTHING set to the controller! yes, even all of the hotkeys, shortcuts to menus and even auto walk/run and a turbo enter key button.

now, how could the ps2 possibly beat that?

I think what the person meant was, PS2/console controller would beat out the PC's keyboard controls, but that's not fair! You still use a PS2 controller http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

EDIT: I can only hope and pray a Wii version is announced before release, but if not, I'm going the PS2 route. And that'll let my brother buy FF7 too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2006-05-27 06:48 ]</font>

tank1
May 27, 2006, 09:17 AM
PC ftw!

Nisshoku
May 27, 2006, 10:13 AM
Actually, I find it funny enough that I'll probably be getting both the PC version and the PS2 version. That way, if I'm at a friend's place, I just bring my PS2, and -bam-, I can can play there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Good thing I've got a good while to save up for it.

Ryoten
May 27, 2006, 12:01 PM
I'm thinking about waiting for the PS3 to come out for a better graphic look to PSU. If I can't get it, I'll stick with the PS2 since I don't know how it works on the PC & on the Xbox 360 I can't play with other PSU fans on the PCs & PS2. What a drag...

Kyuu
May 27, 2006, 12:05 PM
On 2006-05-26 22:38, Axios- wrote:

I'd say that's correct as well, but ST has said and I agree that PSU is still a console-based game. That means that it's tailored to work well on console controls.

Well yeah, that's the main reason I picked up the 360 controller for my computer, so I'll be able to use it with PSU. I'm almost certain I'll prefer it to keyboard/mouse controls. Being able to use the 360 controller with Gens and fiddling with it on other games is just a bonus. =P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-05-27 10:05 ]</font>

Miphesto
May 27, 2006, 12:34 PM
how is the 360 better? did you even read my post? comfortability issues...u dont have to hunch over and stare at a 17" screen...

ALSO...people keep sayin BS about 'i wanna play on this system because it has higher population'

it's already been stated that the servers will have a maximum of about 1000 players...so your not gonna have that issue anyways...any platform u play on u will have no population problems whatsoever if you are limited to a meer 1000 persons per server.

Saner
May 27, 2006, 01:25 PM
On 2006-05-27 10:34, Miphesto wrote:
how is the 360 better? did you even read my post? comfortability issues...u dont have to hunch over and stare at a 17" screen...

ALSO...people keep sayin BS about 'i wanna play on this system because it has higher population'

it's already been stated that the servers will have a maximum of about 1000 players...so your not gonna have that issue anyways...any platform u play on u will have no population problems whatsoever if you are limited to a meer 1000 persons per server.

ya but people play on different times so its not like a server will always have even close to 1000 in the server.

besides players can switch servers. but still a larger community = more people to meet and party with, instead of having a smaller ratio of good people vs. bad people to play with.

Saner
May 27, 2006, 01:29 PM
u dont have to hunch over and stare at a 17" screen...

well many PC gamers have no choice unless they have money coming out of their ears to afford a better setup. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PS2 and PC will share the same servers anyways so it really doesn't matter which one you prefer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cone.gif

Axios-
May 27, 2006, 01:43 PM

You could say the same thing about the PS2 version.

SubstanceD
May 27, 2006, 02:19 PM
I'm pretty sure that I've taken part in numerous polls of this kind before.

Still....

I'll be getting the PS2 version. I don't own a 360 ( I wan't one but at the moment I am not sure if it is worth investing in one concidering lacklustre line up of games ) and I just can't play games on a PC.

Uri
May 27, 2006, 03:22 PM
Xbox 360. Sure there are people who use the mics improperly, that's why I'll play in a clan with friends. Plus XBL and Achievements just can't be beat.

hypersaxon
May 27, 2006, 03:52 PM
Xbox 360. Anyone who annoys me in voice chat will be promptly muted, wow that was so hard wasn't it?

Saner
May 27, 2006, 04:06 PM
hmmm but are X360 people really gonna use headset that much? I mean ithe atmosphere feels better communicating through keyboard.

just talking through a mic is like sooo.... non-roleplay like.

well I mean not everyone likes to role-play

but it's a world of a difference at least pretending to be a part of a world than just lounge chatting with people over a mic, which makes it feel more like a arcade game than a universe.

besides how can you possibly do emotes and stuff while in mic chat? it just isnt the same. and people react to it differently that the whole idea comes off as something cold and casual.

Imagine if this board right now was all voiced communication, the mood completely changes and you can't have fun with it.

zandra117
May 27, 2006, 06:23 PM
On 2006-05-27 14:06, Saner wrote:
just talking through a mic is like sooo.... non-roleplay like.

but it's a world of a difference at least pretending to be a part of a world than just lounge chatting with people over a mic, which makes it feel more like a arcade game than a universe.

besides how can you possibly do emotes and stuff while in mic chat? it just isnt the same. and people react to it differently that the whole idea comes off as something cold and casual.

The mic actually makes roleplaying more realistic, you can actually talk to other players the same way you talk to people in real life.

If people play like they did on psox, we used a combination of keyboard and mic. We used the mic to discuss strategy, trade, and general chatting. We used the keyboard to do emotes, ask for items, and communicate if our mic was broken.

If I am correct the chatting in psu is proximity chat combined with team chat. Im sure voice chat will use the same system with added voice blocking thus making it less noisy and more enjoyable.

Shrevn
May 27, 2006, 06:28 PM
PC most likely i might get it for 360 if servers are separated but highly doubt it

Miphesto
May 27, 2006, 09:49 PM
On 2006-05-27 11:25, Saner wrote:

ya but people play on different times so its not like a server will always have even close to 1000 in the server.

besides players can switch servers. but still a larger community = more people to meet and party with, instead of having a smaller ratio of good people vs. bad people to play with.

yeah, are you forgetting you can only play with 6 at a time anyways?

Saner
May 27, 2006, 10:47 PM
yeah, are you forgetting you can only play with 6 at a time anyways?

you will not always find those exact 6 to play with all the time you are playing, they might have things to do and leave early, so then who do you turn to? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

that's where the rest of the people available in the lobbies can serve as replacements to fill in those spaces, but of course there are many types of people with different personalities and interests, and not all of them you can count on. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

so a bigger community offers more chances to find good people who will be willing to join or let you join their party.

You dont need 6 members, and you can solo, but a bigger community is always a good thing because that brings in more variety and possibilities. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

plus it helps make the cities/lobbies look lively instead of ghost towns.

Kyuu
May 27, 2006, 11:17 PM
The fact that parties are limited to 6 and servers limited to 1000 do not negate the impact of a larger community. In WoW, parties are limited to 5 (raids excepted of course) and even though there are hundreds of people on a time on a server, there's still a problem finding parties sometimes for certain things. The less people there are, the less people there will be of your approximate level and who are interested in the same missions you are. So yes, a smaller community can definitely impact the experience. After all, PSO is limited to 4 in a party... yet go on PSOX as a newbie and try and fill up a group.

Alisha
May 28, 2006, 02:38 AM
im a tall girl at 6'4 so i get all cramped up if i sit at a pc for extended periods of time. so i like ps2 because i can play while sitting on my bed.its what ive done with ffxi and what i plan to do with psu

Keyeszx
May 28, 2006, 05:19 PM
aww u worry to much u aren't supposed to be swingin it like u want to kill

Miphesto
May 28, 2006, 05:39 PM
xbox will have at least 1000 players...and u can have no more than 1000.

since the servers are limited to 1000, pc will have no more than 1000 players available to you.

so, with a maximum of 1000 players on each system, and xbox will have at least ONE full server, AND since you can only play with 6 at a time...

how do you figure your chances are better of finding the right people on either platform? it's the same exact equation

6 or less to play with, maximum of 1000 per server

trying to say another platform is better than another, is like saying an aluminum can weighs more when it is crushed...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miphesto on 2006-05-28 15:40 ]</font>

Axios-
May 28, 2006, 05:42 PM
But wait! You can switch between servers! Nooo!

Look, a smaller population is a smaller population. Sure, you could find some random person to play with at any given time, but it's not easy to find a friend who you'll want to play with time and time again. A larger population will give you much better chances at finding a friend like that and more.

A smaller population on the 360 won't kill it. No one's saying that, but don't pretend that population size is irrelevant.

Kimil
May 28, 2006, 07:02 PM
PS3!!!

Saner
May 28, 2006, 07:43 PM
PS3!!!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif lol! no game(s) are worth paying 500+ to play them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-05-28 17:44 ]</font>

jkrox4eva
May 28, 2006, 07:48 PM
yay mike you made a poll just as i had asked. but anyways. im gettiing it for ps2.

Miphesto
May 28, 2006, 08:34 PM
this thread exhausts me...

like i stated in the topic similar to this that i posted...i have a pc that's better than most, i have a ps2, and i have an xbox 360...i think the 360 is the most logical choice...i see more pro's than cons w/the xbox 360 than any other system...i'll leave it at that...sick and tired of arguing the fact that a leather interior does not make the same car faster

Alisha
May 28, 2006, 08:43 PM
On 2006-05-28 18:34, Miphesto wrote:

like i stated in the topic similar to this that i posted...i have a pc that's better than most, i have a ps2, and i have an xbox 360...i think the 360 is the most logical choice...i see more pro's than cons w/the xbox 360 than any other system...i'll leave it at that...sick and tired of arguing the fact that a leather interior does not make the same car faster

i see nothing but cons with the xbox360 version it has the smallest pool of players

Fleece
May 28, 2006, 08:49 PM

Leather weighs more, Ergo your Xbox is most likely to crash. - Albert Einstein

Keyeszx
May 28, 2006, 09:38 PM
LOL u made a funny

Saner
May 29, 2006, 12:32 AM

That's a poor comparison. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

leather doesnt affect car speed but you can't relate online population with car-seat material.

I would like Xbox360's online community to be large, friendly and prosperous, but realistically:

1. 360 is still new and not many have it. so that scratches off a huge portion of people who would get PSU on that system.

2. not everyone on 360 likes RPGs. so scratch another few thousand.

3. not every 360 owner likes paying a fee. scratch another few thousand.

4. not every 360 owner has online connection. scratch another few thousand.

5. not everyone will play past the free trial, if there is one.

6. not everyone is comfortable using voice chat in these games.
and the majority of Xbox360 gamers use headset,
so this would lead to some communication disagreements, which means even fewer people to party with if they refuse to all use keyboard or headset to communicate.
This is especially tough for women and children who wanna play and chat without being mistreated.

7. You will not get along with everyone, so this further limits who you can party with.

all of these issues combined, I fear Xbox360's online experience will not be as grand as the PS2 and PC but I admit that is not entirely true.

Many X360 owners who play PSU online will have fun one way or another but with the issues mentioned above, people are less likely to have a large and strong community on a isolated X360 server than if they went with the PS2/PC linked servers.

You only need up to 6 for a party but there is a larger picture that fits into the equation of having a great time and people always there to meet and unite. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

DraginHikari
May 29, 2006, 01:13 AM
As far as I've seen mostly everything surrounding the system debate is mostly personal preference alone. In my set up regardless of whether I use my PS2 or PC I'm tall enough where I'm hunched over one way or another. XD

As far as upgrading a pc. Mostly upgrades like video cards, RAM and such are not as expensive as one would think they would be unless you've got to replace most of your system in order to make it work. And most console controls have adaptors you can use on PC that usually aren't that pricey and almost all controller adaptors and pc controls are plug and play anyhoo and don't usually require alot of setting anyway.

My biggest issue with Console gaming is because of the way my house is set up and well as my boardband is that I have to use wireless (It's impossible to drag wires that through my house to the basement). And most of the time wireless game adaptors aren't the cheapest piece of equipment either. So unless you can wire directly it can be costly.

The x-box issue... meh... in full honsetly I can't say much towards this without sounding biasied about it. I honsetly don't like voice chat, it seems unecessary to me. But that's my opinion on it. Either method can be bothersome at times, after all some people's typing can be as annoying as they can speak http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif As far as X-box Live goes it doesn't impress me anymore then regular online connections.

The population thing is kind of odd subject and has only really come up because of the x360 thing which according to the recemt interview hasn't been finalized at this point. Any number of people can make this game worth playing. Sure I would love more then anything to not have PSU turn out like PSOBB English. But hey I play that as well. I kinda prefer to wait and see how they go about this... and even if they are going to be seperate I'm sure alot of those on x-box will chose to stay there.

In the end in these kind of things people are going to do whatever feels good to them anyway. Anyway that's my overall opinion on this whole thing anyway

DarthTyranus
May 29, 2006, 03:32 AM
I think when I get around to upgrading my PC, I might get a new Joypad as well, one that has a PS2 style layout. 4 Action buttons, 4 Shoulder buttons as they call them, 2 smaller buttons and 2 Analogue Sticks.

Might take me a while to drop the pad every time I type, but I can live with it.

sami_pso
May 30, 2006, 03:58 PM
i am buying a ps2 for it. i am kinda low on cash, and this pc sucks so buying a ps2 is cheaper plus controlls are better i think.

Saner
May 30, 2006, 04:05 PM
ya PS2 is great! it's really improved over the years. its still the best system so far with best selection of games and most online games are free to play. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

and the community is really strong in online games just like PC.

and yup it has the best controller too that's very comfortable.

jkrox4eva
May 30, 2006, 04:08 PM
AHAHAHA HA HA HA HA... (did anybody else find that funnyy?) ^ and question... is Wii the nintendo revolution? havnt been paying much attention to that system, let alone the 360.

Saner
May 30, 2006, 04:12 PM
yes Wii is Revolution, you know it's really really stupid and retarded they changed it to "Wii", when Nintendo implied it's not just a system for children, but they are contradicting themselves with such....immature decisions.

Nintendo's producers are so darn ....fruity. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

PhotonCat
May 30, 2006, 07:36 PM
I'm getting PSU for the PC. I hate playing online games on consoles and I like playing on the PC better anyway.
I haven't touched my consoles for months.

PhotonCat
May 30, 2006, 07:40 PM
I would like Xbox360's online community to be large, friendly and prosperous, but realistically:

1. 360 is still new and not many have it. so that scratches off a huge portion of people who would get PSU on that system.

2. not everyone on 360 likes RPGs. so scratch another few thousand.

3. not every 360 owner likes paying a fee. scratch another few thousand.

4. not every 360 owner has online connection. scratch another few thousand.

5. not everyone will play past the free trial, if there is one.

7. You will not get along with everyone, so this further limits who you can party with.

The same thing can be said about PS2 players.

6. not everyone is comfortable using voice chat in these games.

No ones forcing anyone to use the voice chat either.

DarthTyranus
May 31, 2006, 06:21 PM
Never tried voice chat before, they'll probably make this game headset compatible with ps2 as well. I dunno about the PC though.

Saner
May 31, 2006, 06:23 PM
voicechat is totally unnecessary since this game will be keyboard dominant, just like WoW and FF11 anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ShinMaruku
Jun 1, 2006, 11:12 AM
On 2006-05-28 17:43, Saner wrote:

PS3!!!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif lol! no game(s) are worth paying 500+ to play them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-05-28 17:44 ]</font>

http://eu.playstation.com/ps3/images/genji2_hd_10.jpg
I think fliping an histoical japanese battle crab and attacking it's weak point for massive damage is well worth $500! Seriously people need to quit with the price, and Sony needs to drop the vagurey.
Me I'd use it for it's online capabilites and also to try somthing underhanded when I rent it and rip to Harddrive.. XD

Saner
Jun 1, 2006, 01:43 PM
people won't quite about the price because despite the stuff PS3 has inside, it's still ridiculous for that amount. you might as well upgrade your PC, or buy a Xbox360 and a Wii.

AND BLAH. that screenshot looks like a N64 game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-06-01 11:45 ]</font>

DraginHikari
Jun 1, 2006, 02:09 PM
The thing is they could have found ways to run it cheaper but they put the most expensive units for everyhting into that thing.

Saner
Jun 1, 2006, 02:35 PM
Sony and their stupid business decisions.

instead of expanding the PS2's game selection even further, they shift rehashes and inferior spinoffs of PS2 titles to the PSP.

and now they expect people to pay for a 500-600 system just because it has MGS4 and FFXIII and a few other big name titles. This is just as stupid as spending 600 dollars upgrading/buying a PC just to play Doom 3/Half-life2 when it came out. AND they collected dust faster than their previous titles.

in comparison with Xbox360 and Wii, PS3 takes 3x more than it gives.

PhotonCat
Jun 1, 2006, 04:27 PM
That screen shot looks like a PS2 game just with HDR.

The PS3 is a huge waste of money. Can get better use out of the money buying a Wii and some games or upgrading your PC.

ShinMaruku
Jun 1, 2006, 08:27 PM
You look at it just as a game machine, which is Sony's marketing structure will have to fix. Far more than that still for a 360 to have the same functions you have to pay more.
You can't seriously tell me for the same functionality it's cheaper than the other two.
Blu-ray is main price buster.
Still bout time you yanks pay what Europe been payin for years! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
That picture wa snot for graphics, tis only for the crab joke.
HS is the graphics beast.
Still I cna do far more in PSU on the PS3 than I could with the PS2 or 360 version. (Bit less on the Computer, but that's just hacking)

DurakkenX
Jun 1, 2006, 08:33 PM
first of all...the people that say the price isn't bad for ps3 forget about all the "extras" you need to buy to even play 1 game on it...

second... I'm thinking about getting JP PSU PC, US PSU PC, and US PSU PS2 or 360

ShinMaruku
Jun 1, 2006, 09:36 PM
The PS3 is not the most expenvie console... the Neo geo and 3DO were far worse.
So tis all relitive.
That siad, whoever gets the 360 or PS2 version shoulkd be damn well pleased because of the story mode..

Oji_Retta
Jun 1, 2006, 10:51 PM
Is this a console war?

Saner
Jun 2, 2006, 12:00 AM
PS3 is a game system first and foremost, those 'add-ons' most people wont even USE are just a scam to get people to pay more even if they only plan on using it for games and online games.

Blue Ray is overrated and not as affordable and common as DVD.

Look at the format of the PSP, many movie companies like Universal stopped coverting to UMD because they ADMITTED the PSP was a money pit, they weren't making a decent profit AT ALL on the PSP and especially in that format that can't be used on any other system.

PS3 is using similiar money grubbing tricks to try to trick people in thinking 600 dollars is not bad for a next generation system packed with all this hardware and features, which will get outdated by the PC in less than 2 years anyway!!!!

the PS3 will go down in price to a more reasonable amount eventually, so what's the hurry to get one??? especially for that price??? simply ridiculous. It's your money, but if Sony gets away with successfully selling enough PS3's, there will be no reason for them to sell stuff at lower prices ever again.

It would be good if Sony loses a lot of money from being sooo arrogant and ambitious, so much that it hurts them. It's sad how many they already suckered into buying a PS3.

But at least even PS2 owners like myself know better.

PhotonCat
Jun 2, 2006, 03:06 AM
On 2006-06-01 22:00, Saner wrote:
PS3 is a game system first and foremost, those 'add-ons' most people wont even USE are just a scam to get people to pay more even if they only plan on using it for games and online games.

Look at the format of the PSP, many movie companies like Universal stopped coverting to UMD because they ADMITTED the PSP was a money pit, they weren't making a decent profit AT ALL on the PSP and especially in that format that can't be used on any other system.

PS3 is using similiar money grubbing tricks to try to trick people in thinking 600 dollars is not bad for a next generation system packed with all this hardware and features, which will get outdated by the PC in less than 2 years anyway!!!!

the PS3 will go down in price to a more reasonable amount eventually, so what's the hurry to get one??? especially for that price??? simply ridiculous. It's your money, but if Sony gets away with successfully selling enough PS3's, there will be no reason for them to sell stuff at lower prices ever again.

It would be good if Sony loses a lot of money from being sooo arrogant and ambitious, so much that it hurts them. It's sad how many they already suckered into buying a PS3.

QFT

Oji_Retta
Jun 2, 2006, 10:31 AM
On 2006-06-01 22:00, Saner wrote:

I think the fact that people will buy it contributes to making the price go down. That is an obvious assumption. The PS2 didn't drop until a certain number were sold. If you want the price to go down, you want people to buy it. Notice I said I THINK.

ChemicalO
Jun 2, 2006, 10:42 PM
im getting it for my 360, i want voicechat, and im not a xbox live griefer.
i prefer console over comp, and i dont want the ps2 version just to save 10 bucks

ShinMaruku
Jun 3, 2006, 12:17 AM
As I said, for the fucntion's of PSU either consle owner would be damn well pleased.
As for the PS3's price being the most expnsive console ever,tis all relitve, and it's not the most expnsive. Neogeo at $650 with $120+ a game cart is a damn crime
3DO was $800 now those are ripoffs. I say they should have made it a bit more resonable as well, but the price will drop anyway so quit price whining.(If ya want them to hear ya, hold stock)
And if ya want none of the features, that's the reason why they have 2 SKUs (Although I secretly belive that part is where they decided to jack up the price. And thank Sony that Nitnendo just jacked dup the Wii's price was gonna be even cheaper but Nintnedo is a bunch of smart fellows.)

Saner
Jun 3, 2006, 12:54 AM
even the cheaper PS3 SKU is no less than 500 dollars!

you could get a Premium Xbox360 (that includes over 100+ worth of extra stuff) for 400, and a game or two!!!

anyways, PS3's bulk and famous sequels to well known games still isn't worth the price. Sony really crossed the line with such an overambitious product. This is not how the videogame industry should evolve.

ShinMaruku
Jun 3, 2006, 01:10 AM
360 has not what I want. The hell would I buy somthign because it's cheaper while I can wait?
I see nothing as over ambitious rahter poorly executed.
Seem your main problem is the price, that only launch and first year pirce, most thing are bought in cheaper cycles not the first.
But trrmeber Europe been payin the equivialnt of $500 all the time.
Still the market will determine the out come not the companies.

Saner
Jun 3, 2006, 01:28 AM
yeah well as it stands, it will be at least a few years before PS3 will be accepted like PS2 has been.

ShinMaruku
Jun 3, 2006, 01:31 AM
Luckily all the Japan devs feel the PS3 must be worked on...

Saner
Jun 3, 2006, 01:32 AM
meaning they think PS3 needs improvement?

or they must make games for it due to patriotism?

ShinMaruku
Jun 3, 2006, 01:34 AM
They are all pleased with the technology and it's the only vibaler system in Japan for them to push the envelope.
(They can amke great stories on it ya know.)

Saner
Jun 3, 2006, 01:40 AM
maybe so but the fun in games are not just visuals and technology and well written stories.

still, competition-wise, PC, X360, Wii and PSTwo have more comfortable and rewarding options at a lower price.

ShinMaruku
Jun 3, 2006, 01:48 AM
360 won't make it in Japan. So it's out PCs in japan are mostly MMOs, Wii while having great new ways of playing doesn't have the thing to let them run crazy with (I'm talsking about CD space and more technical things)
Appearantly the Devs see newer tech that has a good grasp in Japan is more worth woking on (Remeber console price have always been high over in Japan and while the 360 is cheaper there than here it still ain't sellin jack)
I think it's a combitantion that PS3 is Japanese and the specs which alow them to do mroe that grabs their attention

Saner
Jun 3, 2006, 02:00 AM
well ya.

but despite what they can do with it, not everyone is comfortable with owning a fragile $600 gaming product.

imagine how costly it would be replacing a PS3?

and Sony had a history of faulty PS2 models that weren't fixed until the later models.

ShinMaruku
Jun 3, 2006, 02:03 AM
It's kinda not possible to empitise with them or the Sony execs, they have thier reasons although I love how people poke at $600 one when there's a cheaper one. All consoles got faulty models although their run wiht e PSP was rather good.

Saner
Jun 3, 2006, 02:12 AM
PSP runs well but has the most pathetic selection of games EVER, even for a portable.

many of them are just rehashes or dumb spinoffs of popular titles (see Metal Gear Acid and Ridge Racer)

anyways portable systems are too inferior anyway, they are obsolete when it comes to higher quality games on consoles.

the excuse that they are 'portable' is useless since most people play them at home anyway.

ShinMaruku
Jun 3, 2006, 02:57 AM
You really cna't call the line up they have worthless, but I was just comaping the PSP manufactued quality although it is selling well (Maybe4 or 7 million less than DS but people are willing to pay for the "overpriced" handheld)

Kyuu
Jun 3, 2006, 03:18 AM
Woohoo, go fanboy wars!

Seriously though... yes, the PS3 is overpriced, and I do believe that even the Playstation label on that overgrown waffle-maker won't be enough to entice a large portion of gamers to the PS3 at its price point. However, I could very well be wrong.

I would absolutely love to be able to play Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy XIII, but am I going to pay $600 just to get access to a couple games? Nope. That's just me though.

Oh, and don't insult my Nintendo DS. The games on it are higher-quality than quite a lot of console games (Animal Crossing DS, Sonic DS, Castlevania, etc. ftw!). And yes, I do play it away from home. Quite a nice way to pass some time while waiting in line somewhere, or just to delay having to go home to your empty house after finishing eating. =)

ShinMaruku
Jun 3, 2006, 08:05 AM
I never said jack bout the DS.

Anmd if the price is too high wait it out people need to stop acting like the price ain't gonna drop.
And honestly it's chepaer than the 360 with them friggin Live payments and an HD-DVD drive.. XD

Oji_Retta
Jun 3, 2006, 08:09 AM
On 2006-06-03 06:05, ShinMaruku wrote:

Anmd if the price is too high wait it out people need to stop acting like the price ain't gonna drop.
And honestly it's chepaer than the 360 with them friggin Live payments and an HD-DVD drive.. XD

Oh dip! >.> <.< v.v ^.^ I didn't see that one coming! (I've anticipated a lot of this threads developments lol but not this)

DavidNel
Jun 3, 2006, 10:04 AM
I'm going for PC.... I think th Xbox 360 will flop. Most of the people I know that own a 360 have it for the FPS games, not RPG's.

ChemicalO
Jun 3, 2006, 11:31 AM
oblivion did extremely well on the 360, and its an rpg. I have a 360 and im very interested in rpg's and this game.

Kyuu
Jun 3, 2006, 04:02 PM
On 2006-06-03 06:05, ShinMaruku wrote:

The topic of portables in general came up, and I generally class the DS as such. Also, think things over before you take it personally. I don't recall referring specifically to you anywhere in my post.

Yeah, the price may drop.. so? That doesn't change it's price at release, and generally it takes quite a long time before a console's price drops. And unless they drop it from $600 to $250 or so, it won't make much difference to me anyways. I'm speaking from my point of view; if blowing money isn't a big thing to you, then that's fine. I don't have much money to spare with each paycheck, and so it's not worth it to me.

Even with the harddrive, the 360 still does not approach $600, and you get Live silver for free, and Live gold isn't very much at all. What, you think Sony is going to release an online service you can play most online multiplayer games on, and not charge you a dime? (Just to make it clear, I'm no fan of the 360, I ain't shelling out $300-400 bucks for that thing either, at least at the moment.)

Edit: Just for clarification, it was Saner's statement that portable systems have inferior games compared to consoles that I was referring to in my previous post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-06-03 14:22 ]</font>

Miphesto
Jun 3, 2006, 05:30 PM
yeah from what i gather from response of my peers, 360 has alot of strong points over the ps3...the only thing it doesnt have is unnoticably better graphics, and blu ray technology...

"The graphics arent just a 'little' better, they're ALOT better" -BS this couldnt be farther from the truth...they have a working model at e3...which means they probably took 6 mo. or so making it just a 'little' better... and i stand by my statement...you will NOT notice a difference between games...not unless your some kind of console designer and you know exactly what to look for...

"but the PS3 has BLU RAY!! 1337!!!" - so what? 90% of people dont even know wtf blu ray does, and not that it's like a economically technical breakthrough or anything anyways...it's a high priced, and at the moment, USELESS feature...i cant wait to see how they incorporate this into the games...if it even will be necessary...

"SO?? PS3 IS STILL THE BEST [slurring speech and slobbering like an idiot]" - only playstation die hards will pay 600$ for a system...if you want to dominate the market you need to target all audiences...and a price tag like that cuts you off from over half...

and why does everyone look at the 600$ price tag when theres a 500$ one?
-NOONE is going to want 2nd best unless they have no choice. i work for wal mart and we have a TON of core xbox 360 systems in the back, and NO premiums...because simply people spring for the best...when ur up to 500-600$ 100$ isnt going to mean much, to have as good as a deal as you can get.

PS3 will be Sony's Dreamcast...it might not break them as a console crafting company and reduce them to a software developer only [SEGA] but it's definately going to set them back...i guarantee it.

ShinMaruku
Jun 3, 2006, 11:10 PM
Dreamcast never killed Sega their fuck ups form the past and how they dropped support fucked them over.
I cna understand how some might run from the price and the execs ain't going about it correctly. b Silver live ain't worth jack shit.. For all the nice things ya need to dump that $50 for the good stuff.
But can feel how you all feelin like that, tis human nature to see them failing.

360 needs to have that HDD stnadard though streamin rates are gonna eff them up later on that's for sure.
As for preformnace (Not only graphic now, far mroe to next gen than that, also where the two will streamroll the wii in)
Theres a diffrnece between the 360 and the PS3, graphic might be a bit better, I'm talking about frame rates streaming rates phsics being incorparated, there a noticable diffrnece between them there as at E3 sure theyre were game lookin similar but a few had bad framerates( Too Human I'mm looking at you, and Gears of War was a bit jerky) while the PS3's were mostly smooth (Hiccup here and there on some, on Nintendo's note: also near flawless)
Price ya might have a point on and how the stock holder react will affect how the price will stand but on the other thigns PS3 has the adavantage.
The dual SKU thing I feel is for tehm to squeeze more money out of ya.

Saraphim
Jun 4, 2006, 09:27 AM
*ducts fanboy shot* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif On topic: I voted PC, as that is what I have, but even if I had a chioce I would still go with the PC version.

zandra117
Jun 4, 2006, 11:13 AM
Umm... Flip the historical japanese giant enemy crab and hit its weakspot for massive damage. Dont forget to use realtime weapon change.

ShinMaruku
Jun 4, 2006, 01:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHuWL4nLExc
That's how you deal with the crabs.
But still my statment bought the PC users still stands.

hypersaxon
Jun 4, 2006, 01:54 PM
On 2006-06-04 11:13, ShinMaruku wrote:

LMAO

Yoruichi
Jun 4, 2006, 03:36 PM
I'd have to say PC, alot of people prefer the laid back feel of of consoles. Sadly Theres nothing a decent PC can do that that a console can't. Problem is wasting all that cash on usb adapters, bigger monitor/or cables to hook it up to a TV, a decent memory, and a decent graphics card. At this point in time I don't have a good pc controller/usb adapters or a decent monitor/video cables to link to my TV, and I already spent the money on a ps2 adapter. I also forgot I don't have a splitter for my dsl connection so I'd either be playing psu on my ps2 or online if I'd go with PC that cuts that problem down also.

Still with the bigger cost comes bigger luxeries, like screenshots, movies, non curruptable/losable over a friends house(lol) characters...and not to mention making movies. Those alone make me want to stay PC and pay alittle more so I can get my console laid back feel. Also easy free voice chat for those who do the guild thing so its always a bonus.

ShinMaruku
Jun 4, 2006, 04:24 PM
On 2006-06-04 11:54, hypersaxon wrote:

On 2006-06-04 11:13, ShinMaruku wrote:

LMAO

"We fuck emus in the ass, this is Gangsta crizzab, me and the grey sock gang will fuck ya'll in tha aaasssssss!"
I guess that's the crabs purpose for attacking.

Char
Jun 4, 2006, 04:42 PM
If I can rack up enough money by October im gettin it for pc but if I cant I will probably get it for PS2.

Nishino
Jun 5, 2006, 04:37 AM
I'm going to assume that the Character detials are stored server side, so I'll buy both PC and PS2 versions, so I can play at my desktop or on my 28" TV depending on my mood. =3 As for 360 version, I'm not going to bother as I dont think the community on that one will be even near as big.