PDA

View Full Version : Parking.

rbf2000
Oct 16, 2002, 12:20 AM
Well, my school has very limited parking. And it also happens to be a commuter school, which is a bad combination. Anyways, this past monday was columbus day, and as such, school was cancelled.

So Sunday night, I went out to eat with some friends, and I decided I would just park in the commuter lot, since it is about a 30 second walk to my dorm, as opposed to the 5 minute walk from the non-commuter lot.

So, this morning, before class, I go to move my car to the non-commuter lot. Only to find a nice $35 parking ticket. Keep in mind now, they gave me the ticket on columbus day, when there were no classes. And therefore, no reason to ticket anybody in the commuter lot, since no commuters would be there.

But alas, the school is obviously in dire need of my money, because the tuition obviously just does not cover the bill...

>_<

KodiaX987
Oct 16, 2002, 12:03 PM
First Law of the Universe:

Common sense is so rare, it should be labeled a psychic power.

Kid_Icarus
Oct 16, 2002, 12:08 PM
When you go to pay the ticket, look them square in the eye and say,

"I'm a college student who has to pay tuition, I hope you can sleep at night!"

Then give them the old
| o_o |

What're they gonna do? Give you another?
...maybe they could....

Shit ignore me. x;

pixelate
Oct 16, 2002, 06:58 PM
We just park in red zones, handicap spots, in front of mailboxes, and in front of fire hydrants.

Dangerous55
Oct 20, 2002, 12:33 AM
Our schools leadership is moronic. Cant have anything in your car.

BlackRose
Oct 24, 2002, 02:05 PM
To park at my school, you have to get there approximately 3 hours before class starts (that's 5 am) because all the uber-students and cheerleaders who get there 2 and a half hours early have their own cars.

Not to mention people take your spot when you go out to lunch >_<

Luckily, I don't drive.