PDA

View Full Version : learn to use new weapons?

Rock521
May 27, 2006, 07:23 PM
If you look at screenshots from the beta some weapons are not usable by any class which makes me wonder if you can learn to use new weapons such as human hunters using staves.

DraginHikari
May 27, 2006, 07:30 PM
It could just be possible that you need to be at a particular class level to use them... I'm not sure what your referring to exactly. but suppose HUs cannot use staves period. It's also just possible that they didn't show them as usable because they were there during the beta possiblely.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DraginHikari on 2006-05-27 17:31 ]</font>

Ryna
May 27, 2006, 07:31 PM
At this point, we don't know if you'll be able to learn how to use new weapon types. We'll have to wait for the final release of the game to know.

Axios-
May 27, 2006, 07:32 PM
I for one am really hoping that classes do get to learn how to use weapons later on and eventually the weapon restrictions be weakened at later levels. That wai, hunters could use staves, but I'd want that to be limited to more advanced levels.

Also, the restrictions may have been emphasized for the beta test.

Tystys
May 27, 2006, 07:48 PM
On 2006-05-27 17:23, Rock521 wrote:
If you look at screenshots from the beta some weapons are not usable by any class which makes me wonder if you can learn to use new weapons such as human hunters using staves.

Wait a second, weapons that we cannot use? That's screwed up, lol

_Tek_
May 27, 2006, 07:49 PM
Ah you mean my hunter can't use mechs and I will have to use swords now oh dam!

jej

Saner
May 27, 2006, 11:31 PM
well if that is allowed, you should have to be level 100 before you can use weapons from other classes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

but then if a Hunter can use advanced guns, there is little point in being a Ranger. ya a Ranger can then master blades but then these classes would stop being unique and you might as well call your self a HuRaFo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

but since Ethan is allowed to use all 3 at once, then maybe it could be a reward for level 100 online players. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Axios-
May 27, 2006, 11:47 PM
I said that the restrictions should be weakened at higher levels, not eliminated. Eventually, I think that each class should be able to learn basic uses of other weapons, but still keep it very, very restricted. Furthermore, it wouldn't be something that's just granted; for example, a Hunter would have to use a handgun a lot to ever even be able to access a rifle, but they should never, ever be able to use a mech. Primarily though, I'd just want this system so that Hunters and Rangers could at least have a shot at using weak techs.

REJ-
May 27, 2006, 11:54 PM
Perhaps there'll be a saber that let's Hunters and Rangers equip a single tech on it.

Axios-
May 27, 2006, 11:58 PM
Yeah, I'm all for the restrictions. I think that was a problem with PSO. Hunters with mechs? Forces with twin sabers? I just don't think that they should completely wipe an entire weapon set.

_Tek_
May 28, 2006, 12:10 AM
I think they should keep the class restrictions, since its what defines the class, and you can also change classes in the game, so you aren't completely restricted.

But I'm not sure about swords having techs on them. That's the same as giving a pysical PA to a wand.

The give new things in the game, but at the same time they had to take away to keep a balance.

A2K
May 28, 2006, 12:18 AM
Well... I've seen screens of daggers having a "wind" like Photon Art--certainly something like that isn't outside the scope of a wand. Heck, in the original series there were wind techniques (which, curiously enough, didn't have an elemental attribute on their own and just dealt an amount of physical damage).

But yeah, a healthy balance is preferred.

AzureBlaze
May 28, 2006, 12:19 AM
My theory is...
Weps you can't use:
They are probably after people who were overclocking their guys on PSO. If you gave a lvl 5 a tricked out mag, you could use a mega-wep right away and do like 500 damg in normal mode to whip thru everything. The only thing you couldn't do was put on the big armors because those were set to your lvl.

I figure that the weps may be level keyed like the old PSO armors were to prevent EXP stealers with new chars from wrecking the place up. (Wah...because personally I liked to solo that way and it was a great way to raise more chars for fun) If not levelkey then possibly event keyed (which sounds interesting) like you have to kill a boss with a X-corp gun before your X-corp dbl gun will activate or something. Hooray for speculation

Making weps cross-accessible to high lvls would be excellent--so long as they don't over-do it. I'm sure some rares will have properites of more then 1 class. Like the lavis was a saber that was also a slicer. Maybe a gunblade or a sword-staff would be a rare.
It would also make a nice 'reward' for being highlv, because on PSO you didn't really get anything besides tiny stat boosts for lvling.

Also, while some things may lead to crossover weps, it doesn't mean that those weps would be *good* in the hands of the person using them. I once had a hax0r FOnewearl come after me with a Gigush, and while it looked interesting, she was completely ineffective so I killed her in 1 combo.

_Tek_
May 28, 2006, 12:41 AM
On 2006-05-27 22:18, A2K wrote:
Well... I've seen screens of daggers having a "wind" like Photon Art

That's wind was probably just the slash marks from the spinning attack.

A2K
May 28, 2006, 01:13 AM
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/683/683256/img_3568435.html ?

Axios-
May 28, 2006, 01:18 AM
Don't get me wrong, I do prefer having the restrictions, but I have one problem with how it's set up now. There's almost no reason to have a non-newman Force other than aesthetics and a challenge. It'd just be nice to have the restrictions open up slightly eventually just to allow a race's strength to shine through. For instance, I'm playing as a Newman Ranger, and it'd be nice to be able to cast some tech late in the game, but have it much weaker than any force (including FOfur). Right now, the biggest advantage of a RAnewm is good accuracy, but even so casts still have higher (just as it should). I'd just like to be able to see a racial benefit, even if it's really, really weak.

_Tek_
May 28, 2006, 02:05 AM
On 2006-05-27 23:13, A2K wrote:
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/683/683256/img_3568435.html ?

Those do looks like the regular slash marks or blade weapons, but they appear to be prjected.

You've certainly got something there.

Zarbolord
May 28, 2006, 03:03 AM
I hope they bring back some old rare weapons, the really rare ones like dark flow. Nearly inaccessible, not too strong, just to bring back some memories of the preceding versions. A Mme's Parasol, lol, it'll have to be a spear now...

Saner
May 28, 2006, 04:24 PM
the doublesabers look like Q-tips now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Slicers would be great rare weapons.

if they add Slicers hopefully they are thrown like boomernags instead of using a Jai-Alai type weapon.

Keyeszx
May 28, 2006, 05:07 PM
i'd rather have live a rare boomerang then a slicer