PDA

View Full Version : about JP/US release...

scott1114
May 28, 2006, 03:14 PM
I'm wondering something. The translation seems mostly done, I dont think they would have only recorded those small clips for the character video. But I wonder, why will there be a big difference between JP and US release?! I mean, it cant be just because of text translating. I dont think it has as much text as FFXII to translate. I simply cant wait for this game....

PrinceBrightstar
May 28, 2006, 03:16 PM
To give the users time to give feed back in the event a bug is found in the release version that would require a recall, much like what happened with episode 1&2 GC

Keyeszx
May 28, 2006, 03:19 PM
wat r u talkin about recall

PrinceBrightstar
May 28, 2006, 03:22 PM
Episode 1&2 had to be recalled due to a huge dupe bug (so easy to perform), before the double shop glitch was found.

Inazuma
May 28, 2006, 03:38 PM
really, both vers should be done by now. i dont know whats taking sega so long to release this game.

Saner
May 28, 2006, 03:50 PM
they are still tweaking the online network and stuff.

it isn't easy making a good quality online network.

They already did the beta test but testing isn't over until they are positive it's complete.

From the looks of things and the english version already fully voiced long ago, it will make it for Fall 2006 release in U.S.

but the question is when will Japan get it? surely no later than August, I guess. the chances of a sametime release is very slim.

Saiffy
May 28, 2006, 03:56 PM
They're probably balancing out the game mechanics and stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if the story was done, but extra mode and online aren't completely.

Saner
May 28, 2006, 04:05 PM
you know hopefully a disaster doesn't happen like TES4.

that game was severely delayed because they tried offering the game on 2 systems and a sametime release worldwide and stuff like that. the same with the Xbox360 which caused major shortages and stuff due to sametime releases.

hopefully they just release each version when ready instead of trying to release everything at once, therefore delaying every version further in order to release them at once or something. lol. that would be terrible. I would rather Japan getting it early than delaying that version and the U.S. version to find a shared date.

but ya if that happens again I'll cry.

Keyeszx
May 28, 2006, 05:16 PM
i'll kill sega if they delay it again
i preordered last year and i thought it was coming out last fall

Tystys
May 28, 2006, 08:16 PM
On 2006-05-28 15:16, Keyeszx wrote:
i'll kill sega if they delay it again
i preordered last year and i thought it was coming out last fall

Yeah man, seriously. They've had all the time in the world.

-Klaus-
May 28, 2006, 09:41 PM
man..

if they have the english version done...

Then why in the heck are they being so slow? For chrissakes, they don't even have it released in Japan and they have the ENGLISH VOICEOVERS DONE. Anytone else see this flaw? ><

I can't really understand this anymore. :

Well... maybe... They only tested the suervers up until recently.

Ah-ha. D:

Maybe that's it... They just got the servers and were completing the English stuff in the meantime... So then they ran a JP beta test to try out the servers... so... my assumption is, they're almost done. >_> b

Just a thought.

Keyeszx
May 28, 2006, 09:54 PM
i think ur crazy and
sega makes great games they just seem smart but they aren't smart with releasing things

Saner
May 29, 2006, 12:14 AM
you don't even know what's going on and you're making assumptions about how they work.

DarthTyranus
May 29, 2006, 03:24 AM
Why is everything concerned around JP and US? When will anyone complain about EU and AUS?

Saner
May 29, 2006, 03:37 AM
because uh some of us don't live there.

Plus it's often common that EU or at least AUS get games after U.S. does, so it can't be helped since US is one of the larger markets in the world.

so its like wanting to know the Japan date, that way we can estimate the US date. then the other countries can measure their own releases from that.

DarthTyranus
May 29, 2006, 03:41 AM
Never in my entire gaming life have I seen us true blue aussies release a game first, even before Japan. But since the Japanese invented computer games(Nintendo, Sega, Atari, what not), afraid that's how the order will be.

voxie
May 29, 2006, 08:16 AM
I don't think they've got a big enough team working behind PSU. They're so busy working on other games, I'm guessing. Seriously though, this looooonngg wait had better be worth it... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

physic
May 29, 2006, 09:14 AM
actually, america invented video games (atari is an american company always was)
And nope they reallly have no reason not to release teh game, im guessing most of teh releasing or not releasing is based on Public relations at this point. they want to pick a date and then they will have to begin marketing.
And yeah, the NA translation was probably finished before its initial time line. The VA said that did teh last recording aug 05.
I doubt its still a networking issue, they closed the beta already and most people had no big complaints, i suppose it could be a ps2 issue. but ehh they prolly cant beta that. damn the ps2 dammit to hell.

Kayai
May 29, 2006, 09:58 AM
hmm....personally im hoping for an october release....just a feeling

Saiffy
May 29, 2006, 10:13 AM
I like how everyone has inside info that the game is completely done. Really, whats your source?

It's not like they just have the game sitting there and they're delaying it for fun, they're obviously still working on some of the details.

Then again, to be a true fan, it means to complain about everything the makers of the game do.

TheStoicOne
May 29, 2006, 10:15 AM
September, nuff said! (autumn=sept,oct, and November by the way <.<)

DurakkenX
May 29, 2006, 10:33 AM
Actually...
Winter = January, February, March
Spring = April, May, June
Summer = July, August, September
Fall = october, november, december

Tystys
May 29, 2006, 11:41 AM
On 2006-05-29 07:14, physic wrote:
actually, america invented video games (atari is an american company always was)
And nope they reallly have no reason not to release teh game, im guessing most of teh releasing or not releasing is based on Public relations at this point. they want to pick a date and then they will have to begin marketing.
And yeah, the NA translation was probably finished before its initial time line. The VA said that did teh last recording aug 05.
I doubt its still a networking issue, they closed the beta already and most people had no big complaints, i suppose it could be a ps2 issue. but ehh they prolly cant beta that. damn the ps2 dammit to hell.

OFF TOPIC:
You're right about how America created the first video game. But, you're wrong about Atari being the first to create one.
Sure, they were the first to commercialize video gaming, but it was a man named Ralph Baer who created the first video game.

ON TOPIC:
I'm pretty sure that there is a bit of a networking issue. Either that, or they just like fu**ing with our heads.

TheGreyCliche
May 29, 2006, 11:55 AM
I really hope they aren't doing what Saner mentioned, about how TESIV waited so it could have a massive launch instead of individual systems. I hated that as well. But to my dismay, that theory does seem to hold water. grr.

Sev
May 29, 2006, 11:59 AM
No one knows for sure if the game is done or not... Considering the origional date for the game passed... And by that time the Voice Acting sessions were already finished... You would assume that the game was done. All we can really do is put the pieces together from what we know. I'm sure that the game is done, you can have a finished game and not release it... It's not like it's unheard of. There's most likely something that's bothering them that they're testing, and of course... The network.

To idly pass the time thinking about when the game is going to be released is about the only thing we can do concerning this game. Aside from going over all of the information over and over again. I really wanna say that it can come out in the summer... But I don't see why if it's ready they would hold it til October.

If it's a PR issue, then they should be fired. You have nothing to gain by releasing a game in the fall when you could release it durring summer... When people can spend the most amount of time on it. Why buy a game in fall when you can't really play it til your break ya know?

Saner
May 29, 2006, 03:05 PM
well they still have to say the Japan release date. Im surprised they said Fall 2006 for U.S. but no release date for Japan.

maybe Japan's release is Fall 2006?

physic
May 29, 2006, 03:35 PM
PR, marketing and development in many industries, these guys have killed good products, and its not really uncommon for people to hold on to a developed product waiting for some magical date or season. how big an issue can networking be, they maintained 13 000 people from places as far as US.

Oji_Retta
May 29, 2006, 03:52 PM
Off Topic: The first video game was created by A.S Douglas in 1952.

scott1114
May 29, 2006, 05:10 PM
On 2006-05-29 09:59, Sev wrote:
No one knows for sure if the game is done or not... Considering the origional date for the game passed... And by that time the Voice Acting sessions were already finished... You would assume that the game was done. All we can really do is put the pieces together from what we know. I'm sure that the game is done, you can have a finished game and not release it... It's not like it's unheard of. There's most likely something that's bothering them that they're testing, and of course... The network.

To idly pass the time thinking about when the game is going to be released is about the only thing we can do concerning this game. Aside from going over all of the information over and over again. I really wanna say that it can come out in the summer... But I don't see why if it's ready they would hold it til October.

If it's a PR issue, then they should be fired. You have nothing to gain by releasing a game in the fall when you could release it durring summer... When people can spend the most amount of time on it. Why buy a game in fall when you can't really play it til your break ya know?

You're right, so they surely wont release it before november or december. Seriously, it would be RPG suicide to release it a short time after FFXII

DurakkenX
May 29, 2006, 05:24 PM
OJi...Ralph Baer created the first video game and console. You can't have a game without a console so it would have been impossable for any other person to create a video game before ralph baer v.v

They could be holding onto it and translating a lot more than people think. According to an EGM article I posted a while ago on PSOBB PSU forums they were planning on releasing a new quest/mission every week. So they may want to get ahead of schedule a lot further than just a few weeks to make sure the various versions don't get left behind

kassy
May 29, 2006, 06:32 PM
No one here works for Sega, Sonic Team or any other PSU affiliated group, so know one can say what area of the game, if any that they are currently working on.

Heck the game could be nigh on complete but for all we know they might be waiting until the best time in the 2006's gaming calendar to release it.

Lyrise
May 29, 2006, 07:06 PM
...Which would mean X-mas 2006 >.<

Sega's not some company that releases games in which it has the gamers' interests in mind (only 1 company can really claim that title - Banpresto), they need to make profit like any other business out there.

But on a more serious note, things are for certain - no one knows if the game is even completely done or not. No one knows when it's going to be released. And of course, nobody knows if it's the doing of the company or from some unseen external factor.

Saner
May 30, 2006, 01:39 AM
well they said Fall 2006 so that must mean something! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

they already delayed it TWICE.

realistically, I don't think they will push it to 2007.

scott1114
May 31, 2006, 04:58 PM
if it was delayed to 07 I'd at least have FFXII to hold till then, I heard 130+ hours to complete it at 100%

Sev
May 31, 2006, 05:22 PM
On 2006-05-29 13:35, physic wrote:
PR, marketing and development in many industries, these guys have killed good products, and its not really uncommon for people to hold on to a developed product waiting for some magical date or season. how big an issue can networking be, they maintained 13 000 people from places as far as US.

It's not the problem of maintaining, it's the problem of keeping the same things from happening as before I'd imagine. Security is probably one of the main reasons for the wait.

I know it's not impossible for PR to do something liek this. But wouldn't it be more feasible that there's a different reason? After all this time of working in the business, you'd think someone over there would know better. No matter when you release the game, day 1 sales are great... But sales over a period of time are what really matter right? At least that's what I think... Plus the fee helps to generate money.

Saner
May 31, 2006, 06:00 PM
we are just so impatient that all the mystery is simply maddening. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

HiKeRI
May 31, 2006, 08:20 PM
Its coming at OCT, they can still release it on OCT and make profit out of it by so many people rushing to get the game right now, and when it hits on DEC kid's and people will say "Hey i heard that game from my friend, its awsome let me try it out" Eh?! EH?!

Saner
Jun 1, 2006, 01:57 PM
sounds like it.

there are major titles coming out in Novemeber and October so maybe they might manage to release it September 30 or something to avoid the massive sales conflicts starting October.