PDA

View Full Version : Another High School Rant!

PJ
May 28, 2006, 10:05 PM
Only, oh my, not about hating it! What a concept!

I realised just a few moments ago, that in 3 weeks I'd be an official High School senior. And it actually scares me.

Because I've had the pleasure of staying in the same high school all throughout, I've been able to make good friends, admire teachers and even have pride in the school I go to. In fact, it was getting pretty close to me not being able to go to my school this year, because we have to move this year (Although, good news on that front, my parents found a place that is close, so I can still go, and I get to see it tomorrow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif).

But I've got only one year left, and although I've done a lot, I also feel like I haven't been here long enough. I'd like to stay for a fifth year, but that's not an option.

I feel bad for whenever someone rants about how terrible their High School was, or some shit like that, cause that just means they weren't as fortunate as I was to go to an excellent school, and I'm really gonna miss it.

Although, if I wanna actually rant about something, my schedule for next year is so complicated and if they didn't move the first semester music period my timetable would have been PERFECT http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif So now I need to decide on what to drop for Chemistry 12

Sayara
May 28, 2006, 10:11 PM
See; you're not even a senior and you wanna go back http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Cherish the time you have in your Senior year; its the most stressful; yet its still a great year.

Hrith
May 28, 2006, 11:43 PM
Make the most of your high school years, or you'll regret it later *is an old geezer ._.*

Link5
May 29, 2006, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I’m graduating in 2 weeks. My last school day is actually this coming Friday.
I know what you mean. I’ve really enjoyed my time in high school, got involved in several different athletics and activities, more so this year really than the past three years combined. Met many great friends, and enjoyed many interesting classes. Looking back, the years have really flown by. I’ll definitely miss being around all of these people that I’ve grown up with, and the day to day experience, but at the same time I’m ready to head on to the next step.

Like Tingle said, it’s a stressful but great year. You get to deal with deciding what college you want to go to if you’re going that route. Going to all the different events and yearly activities for the last time and so on. I can empathize with you about the busy schedule situation. This last semester has been a pretty heavy workload. In fact, these last 4 days are going to be so condensed and busy. Lots of projects due, and finals to take. Good luck coping with Senioritis http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Just enjoy the last year to it’s fullest, it’ll be a blast.

Nixia
May 29, 2006, 12:27 AM
I'm one of the few people who actually loves, all I ever here are people complaining about it, or the teachers, or the administration, when 9 times out of 10 they're only doing their job. That pisses me off something fierce. But, anyway, I'm moving again at the end of the summer. It's really, really far away, and I just don't want to think about having to switch schools. I have so much going on for me here: my awesome friends, actvities, and my special library priviledges--it's just such a wonderful environment, and I just can't think of what left I have of school without it.

Saraphim
May 29, 2006, 12:42 AM
I loved my senior year. So many memories... It was one of the best times of my life http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jive18
May 29, 2006, 08:49 AM
On 2006-05-28 20:11, Tingle wrote:

Cherish the time you have in your Senior year; its the most stressful; yet its still a great year.

I'll be a senior next year as well, and I'm highly doubtful it will be as stressful as this year was. I don't think I could go through what I have as a junior again.

When thinking about leaving high school, I'm either really happy to get away from it all or sad simply because of my friends. I wish there was a way to leave and still know that I'd see my friends at least once a week. I suppose next year I'll know what to make of it all.

Sayara
May 29, 2006, 10:24 AM
Its less stressful in school perhaps; but the gear switching from school to work/college is a big hefty stress adder.

Furthermore; dont wanna lose your friends? Get their numbers and call from time to time.

Jive18
May 29, 2006, 12:49 PM
On 2006-05-29 08:24, Tingle wrote:
Its less stressful in school perhaps; but the gear switching from school to work/college is a big hefty stress adder.

That is true, but I've actually been looking forward to college for quite some time. Mostly due to spending so much time with my sister at her dorm.

Furthermore; dont wanna lose your friends? Get their numbers and call from time to time.

Hehe, yeah. I'll stay in contact with them, even if we can't hang out all that much.

Charmander02
May 29, 2006, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the tips guys i'll make sure to enjoy the rest of my high school years.

Though i'll have to enjoy them wearing uniforms. >:(