PDA

View Full Version : SUV value?

DurakkenX
May 29, 2006, 12:08 PM
I'm curious as to what you all think as far as SUV's value considering that to use it you have to use unit slots

you give up 2-3 END points and possably an aesthetic mod for a blast of damage...

first question is is it phys or magic damage based? or is it seperate and ignore defense...

If it's phys based then Forces with it are useless and should just use the end increase.
If it's magic based then Hunters/Rangers suck with it

Since what we know of it it's either Phys based or ignores defense...we're either gonna not use it on forces or doesn't matter

Next is how quick does it build up and what is it actually based on?
It seems that it is based on damage given and taken, but is it hit to hit ratio or is it dmg to dmg ratio or is it DMG% to DMG%... and are there any other factors involved like with mags and their IQ/Sync

If it DMG% forces could build them up at ungodly speeds as they have the lowest def. which means a Force cast wouldn't rely on spells all that much, especially if SUVs ignore damage. A support FOcast could easilly go in, get beat to hell and use SUVs all day.

if it's DMG forces would once again suck with SUVs and it'd be better for them to go with the END. Hunters would be best for this, but Rangers could be incredable for this as well with a shot type weapon that hits multiple enemies.

If it's hit based then rangers and forces have the advantage over a skilled hunter, because a skil;led hunter wouldn't be getting hit and will be doing lerss hitting over all than a force/ranger. This leads me to believe that it's dmg based.

But how valuable is END? Is it something a hunter will need? is it something a ranger/force can't live without? 20/22 +3 is a 15%/13% increase of END from what i saw that would be invaluable to a ranger. A force prolly wouldn't be as effected as they have a much larger base.

So what do you think is SUV valuable more so than the +2/3 END?

Saraphim
May 29, 2006, 02:22 PM
It was my understanding that only Cast Rangers get SUV weps. Making this thread sort of irrelevant.... I could be wrong, and if I am please correct me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saraphim on 2006-05-29 12:23 ]</font>

-Klaus-
May 29, 2006, 03:00 PM
I'm fairly sure just casts in general could equip SUV weapons.

DurakkenX
May 29, 2006, 03:03 PM
All casts get SUVs....but the question is what's the value of them versus the end that you could have in it's place.

Saner
May 29, 2006, 03:16 PM
SUVs are super attacks that I think charge up as you take in damage (like Nano Blasts).

they take up slots, which I think are also used to boost your defense/stats/whatever.

so ya its a double edge sword for Casts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-05-29 13:16 ]</font>

Kyuu
May 29, 2006, 04:32 PM
I don't actually have any first-hand knowledge of it, but I'm willing to bet the damage won't be based on your character's stats, either ATP or TAP, and will likely be based entirely off the SUV itself. Otherwise it would indeed be too preferential towards one job or the other.

DurakkenX
May 29, 2006, 04:46 PM
it's not so bad from what we've seen it's pretty much megadeath attack or +2/3 END and that is your options. As far as the beta has shown...so if that slot is for END only then is END worth it? to have? to skip?

Kyuu
May 29, 2006, 09:29 PM
To continue my speculation spree, I'm willing to bet that there will be other units to put in that slot besides ones that just give you a few more endurance.

Lyrise
May 29, 2006, 09:51 PM
No need to speculate. There are going to be units that make use of the extra-slot. In CBT, the really ambitious force players would somehow manage to scrap up the money (not counting the last day of course) to buy a unit that enabled quickcast (techs come out faster, -30 MST though). Obviously its not going to stop there. Good chance you're going to see PSU's equivalence to the battle unit get parked there as well.

AzureBlaze
May 29, 2006, 11:52 PM
On the beta, I never got to the lvl to actually test out a SUV wep.

From what we know, Kyuu has great speculations:

They take up a slot and a space in your inventory LIKE
A mag takes up a space, or a God/Battle takes up a slot

They charge the way beast blasts do LIKE
the way mags did. They charged on you being struck and also when you damg enemies.

When they hit, they're single-target/tight group pre-aimed LIKE
Golla Estlla etc the PBs that go zooming off in a streight line and miss the boss no no...hit your target.

Logic dictates that they're NOT "You Based" because as they said it'd favor sertain play types too much. Which raises the question of:
"Are they worth it"
I mean, if ST is gonna do them like PBs, then NO. Because only Pilla was any good, and he always ended up in some mylla/youlla combo because he was still a waste unless you were on normal or something. I mean, PBs would even get you -killed- because as you were standin' around monsters could come right up to you.

The other quandry is how do you get ahold of more?
Find 'em in a box? (hey the spreads were the size of a jet-ski, and they fit...) buy them at a store? Win them as a prize? Because if they are more 'wep like' then 'mag blast like', then they'd be worth putting if you had a really uber one, or one with an effect more useful than a single shot.

The other that hits their usefulness is, how long do they take to charge?
Because everyone is only able to base it on mag PB charge times, which were way too slow to bother with. You'd end up 'saving it for the boss' which was annoying and hogged your buttons. But what if they charged so you got a few shots PER LVL? Then they become more attractive....

ST is going to have a real balancing act with these things...

mechatra
May 30, 2006, 03:07 AM
Well we already know it's not going to be hogging any action buttons considering that to activate race abilities, you have to press both attack buttons at the same time.

Alisha
May 30, 2006, 04:04 AM
is it possible you could just equip suv units just before you use it? then switch back to previous units?

Tycho
May 30, 2006, 11:16 AM
On 2006-05-30 02:04, Alisha wrote:
is it possible you could just equip suv units just before you use it? then switch back to previous units?No. The 'damage gauge' used to charge it doesn't exist unless you have the unit equiped.

On 2006-05-29 10:08, DurakkenX wrote:
[lots]

From what I heard, I think Forces supposedly pretty much sucked with them.
By the way, for everyone that doesn't know the details about the SUV Units, check this (http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Extra_Units). Only these 'Extra Units' can replace the SUV ones, and currently, their only other uses are END and aesthetics. In general the only stat Extra Units boost is END (PP regeneration), meaning that they shouldn't be able to increase other stats. One of the Head Units increased casting speed though, so it's possible some of the new Extra Units will get new uses, or that they might be able to boost END by 50 or so later on, to use an extreme example.

physic
May 30, 2006, 12:24 PM
i know people said that beasts nanoblast had something to do with ata or something because it was stronger on thier hunters, but i dont know suv will be teh same way. Its also possible that dif suv weaps will have vastly different properties, ie one may do big dmg based on dex another mased on mst, one may make you glow etc. It has already been shown for nanoblasts, that each different tatto has different nanoblast properties.
This can makeits balance better for different classes, IE a fobeast might use teh invinvibility one to save their hides, along tehse lines there may be SUv weapons that are highly useful, or base stats for dif classes, in theory

Kyuu
May 30, 2006, 02:11 PM
Aye, Physic's got a point. It's likely there will be many more SUVs in the final game than the two(?) that were in the beta, and each may have different properties, and different statistics from which it bases its damage output. 'Course, it could just end up being mostly worthless for forces in the end.

JAR
May 31, 2006, 07:34 PM
They must certainly have A rank Units if there were B and Cs listed, not too mention possible S ranks!!!