PDA

View Full Version : Ouch.

Jehosaphaty
May 29, 2006, 11:37 PM
I made the mistake of keeping some plans from my girlfriend of nine months, essentially going behind her back, and now I'm in serious doghouse. What she doesn't understand is that if I kept information from her, it was because I felt that she wouldn't want to know. The information involved some half-joking plans about a camping trip with some buddies involving a slight amount of alcohol. If things would have panned out, I can honestly say I would have told her; as it all stood, everything was a joke so I figured she didn't need to know. Maybe that makes me an ass for trying to decide what she should or shouldn't know.

My girlfriend has some trust issues coupled with the fact that I used to be a fairly large flirt which makes her slightly jealous of anything and everything--always worrying about what I'll do when she's gone this summer. This compounds the problem about a hundred fold and I'm basically seeing the ground beneath my feet crumble. Shitty.

I would never lie to this girl, I love her; but, obviously I screwed up on withholding some info. I hate the fact that I've hurt her. Fuck. I just needed some venting.

Solstis
May 29, 2006, 11:41 PM
She'll get over it.

Not after extracting some blood from your hide, though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jehosaphaty
May 29, 2006, 11:45 PM
On 2006-05-29 21:41, Solstis wrote:
She'll get over it.

Not after extracting some blood from your hide, though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'll definately be need that stiff drink after the extraction. I suppose that as long as she knows now, there's really no point in not going through with a heck of a weekend.

Nixia
May 29, 2006, 11:51 PM
Did you do the whole apology, reassuring thing?

Jehosaphaty
May 29, 2006, 11:55 PM
On 2006-05-29 21:51, Nixia wrote:
Did you do the whole apology, reassuring thing?

Yeah, I pulled her aside and we had a nice chat on how I didn't mean to be an ass, complete with apologitory email afterwards.

This still won't stop her from holding it over my head until the point of threatend breakup, which is so tiring. It's not that big of a deal in the first place, but trust is a fickle shithead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jehosaphaty on 2006-05-29 21:57 ]</font>

Nixia
May 30, 2006, 12:11 AM
On 2006-05-29 21:55, Jehosaphaty wrote:
This still won't stop her from holding it over my head until the point of threatend breakup, which is so tiring. It's not that big of a deal in the first place, but trust is a fickle shithead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jehosaphaty on 2006-05-29 21:57 ]</font>
You should have a rule: Anything a week old is inadmissable in an argument.

Yeah, that'll work. XP

A lot of girls do that. Guys, too. We stock up on this crap. Even if you did something two weeks ago, you might not know we know about your some indiscretion you've committed, but we'll bust your balls about it, later, and never let it go. XD Don't let her hold it over you so much, or at all (if at all possible). You made a mistake, realized it, owned up to it, and apologized for it. What more could you ask for? Seriously, she needs to move on. People aren't perfect. I'm sure she's made mistakes, too.

Good luck, though. <3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nixia on 2006-05-29 22:12 ]</font>

Maridia
May 30, 2006, 06:30 AM
Nixia beat me to it.

Good luck, man. You'll need it. Your average girl doesn't deal with things like that well.

Skorpius
May 30, 2006, 07:28 AM
Girls usually hold double standards and pout like babies when things don't go their way. I'm sure if she did the same thing to you, she would attempt to defend herself as if her actions were entirely justifiable, then say you're overreacting and pressing a dead issue if you keep at it.

Slap her around a bit and show her where her place is.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 30, 2006, 08:11 AM
On 2006-05-29 04:12, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
I'm gonna be insulted by that and break up with you and make cat girl add ons to a youtube video:

Nyah Meow And and and like and breakup and and and even blocked me from myspace! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXe8pyY9G80)

Could be fake to garner more attention or whatever, but it shows the guy in the relationship can also be a clingy clingon insecure over one small withholding of info blown out of proportion type deal.

Sounds like a false alarm and just a bump in the road.

If it ends the relationship, eh. You probably don't want such a easily broken person right?

Saraphim
May 30, 2006, 11:46 AM
Man or woman it doesn't matter, if they can't get over this little deal in a few days, it's best to leave. Some people like to lord over this stuff and dish out small amounts of control to make the other person feel like shit. It's a control method, meant to break the other person down. Most people that do this do it unintentionally, but it still hurts the other person.

Charmander02
May 30, 2006, 04:45 PM
Eww girls have cooties... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Anyways just apologize, and then if she can't accept the fact that you're human and make mistakes then it'd be best to leave.

Jehosaphaty
May 30, 2006, 05:09 PM
She's a huge overreactor, and I freaked a bit. Double standard is right. I happend to bring that to her attention, and you would have thought I shot her dog.

BeeYee
May 30, 2006, 05:18 PM
On 2006-05-30 05:28, Skorpius wrote:
[u]Girls usually hold double standards and pout like babies when things don't go their way. I'm sure if she did the same thing to you, she would attempt to defend herself as if her actions were entirely justifiable, then say you're overreacting and pressing a dead issue if you keep at it.

Slap her around a bit and show her where her place is.

Thats pretty sexist, I doubt thats what Nixia does when she gets in an arguement.

DizzyDi
May 30, 2006, 09:57 PM
On 2006-05-30 15:09, Jehosaphaty wrote:
She's a huge overreactor, and I freaked a bit. Double standard is right. I happend to bring that to her attention, and you would have thought I shot her dog.

Owch man.
Those things are delicate situations, you REALLY have to think about what you say before you say it.
I had a girlfriend that was the same way, and she also couldn't take a joke, and I'm a big joker.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif
Have you asked her what you could do to make it up to her?