PDA

View Full Version : Split screen multiplayer in Extra Mode?

obelisk
May 31, 2006, 11:49 AM
I have not been able to find confirmation as to whether or not Extra Mode will support split screen multiplayer functionality. Does anyone know if it will?

kazuma56
May 31, 2006, 12:21 PM
well it was said NOT to be in the PC/PS2 version for obvious reasons on each platform (most PC users would play online and PS2 would suffer from either pop-up enemies like DW series or a degrade in graphics), but the 360 version has been recently announced, meaning there is a chance the 360 might have it, but then again... MS touts about ther live service so much that it might not be a possible feature due to that fact.

Dre_o
May 31, 2006, 12:32 PM
We've been told that there will be no offline multiplayer.

A2K
May 31, 2006, 01:19 PM
On 2006-05-31 10:21, kazuma56 wrote:
MS touts about ther live service so much that it might not be a possible feature due to that fact.

Technically speaking, it's always a possible feature. I don't quite understand the logic in saying that Live = no offline multiplayer though.

In all likelihood it won't have the feature because it isn't a priority.

Saner
May 31, 2006, 05:57 PM
at least they added Extra mode, which at least lets offline players create and use their own characters in missions they completed in the offline Story mode. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

if you dont have online or have a moment where you cant go online, Extra mode is a wonderful feature to still have fun training original characters and hunting for rare items and more http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

obelisk
Jun 1, 2006, 07:14 AM
i assumed that psu would have multiplayer offline, i guess because pso does. And it is rather disappointing to find out that i have to pay sega monthly if i don't want to play by myself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: obelisk on 2006-06-01 09:09 ]</font>

kazuma56
Jun 1, 2006, 12:53 PM
On 2006-05-31 11:19, A2K wrote:

On 2006-05-31 10:21, kazuma56 wrote:
MS touts about ther live service so much that it might not be a possible feature due to that fact.

Technically speaking, it's always a possible feature. I don't quite understand the logic in saying that Live = no offline multiplayer though.

In all likelihood it won't have the feature because it isn't a priority.

Thats what I meant, since people who own XB360 and Microsoft themselves talk about how good their service is, it's unlikely since XBL was/is still MS' key feature that "no system" has yet to beat, which in turn, to increase subscription to their gold service, would make the them "potentially" lose additional subscriptions if people could play offline together.

Look at the GC version, it had sales but I bet half of those sales figures didn't transfer to how much people subscriped to play online.

Saner
Jun 1, 2006, 01:58 PM
that's right. if GC PSO didnt have splitscreen multiplayer, Im sure its online subscriptions would have been higher.