PDA

View Full Version : Didn't we see some wands before?

A2K
May 31, 2006, 05:18 PM
I have a video of it in action on my computer, a copy of which is probably in this site's archive. Prima facie, it looked basically like a rather short double saber, and for some reason Ethan was doing melee attacks with it.

I don't recall seeing anyone wielding them in the beta, though. Have they been dropped from the game since then?

Saner
May 31, 2006, 06:21 PM
well the beta didnt have all the weapons available. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HiKeRI
May 31, 2006, 08:35 PM
No that was your imagination... [Ofcourse there are wands] Beta or no beta, Wands Staffs Sword 2Handed Swords Mace etc exists!

A2K
May 31, 2006, 10:34 PM
Well I mean, I don't even recall seeing it on the Weapon Types dialog thing, unless it was an entry I missed?

Tycho
Jun 1, 2006, 01:32 AM
But it wasn't even possible to physically attack using casting weapons in the beta...

Ryna
Jun 1, 2006, 10:21 AM
You're probably thinking of this weapon:
http://www.pso-world.com/images/psu/guides/items/weapons/wand.jpg

I removed it from the Weapons guide because it was never confirmed and there was no sign of it in Beta, including the job icon screen.

A2K
Jun 1, 2006, 04:22 PM
Yes, that one, thank you. I suppose it was dropped because it didn't fill a unique enough role, or some such.

There's a red one in this movie, and Ethan can be clearly seen melee attacking with it:
ftp://segapr.segaamerica.com/SEGA_GAMES/Phantasy%20Star%20Universe/Video_US/psu_e3_5-17-05_embargo.mov

hypersaxon
Jun 1, 2006, 06:28 PM
Wands look pretty lame anyway. Go Canes!

DraginHikari
Jun 1, 2006, 06:37 PM
If there anything like wands in PSO they tend to be more useful for boosting tech power then anything...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DraginHikari on 2006-06-01 16:37 ]</font>

Kupi
Jun 1, 2006, 06:43 PM
On 2006-05-31 23:32, Tycho wrote:
But it wasn't even possible to physically attack using casting weapons in the beta...

Unless you were there yourself, I'm going to have to disagree. I distinctly remember hearing about people taking their Techs off of their staves and being able to smack enemies with them. "Smack" was about as good as it got, though, so I don't think anyone would do that with any regularity.