PDA

View Full Version : Possible US Release Date

DoubleJG
Jun 1, 2006, 06:47 PM
I went to EB Games today and asked if PSU had a release date for the PS2 and they said "October 24th 2006 is what we have in here as of now." So, although that's awhile away and it could easily be pushed back, we can now get a good assumption that it will be out around the October-December area.

Kayai
Jun 1, 2006, 06:49 PM
hmm they make it sound so believable dont they (eb games i mean)

Axios-
Jun 1, 2006, 06:58 PM
That October 24th thing with EBGames is something that they've had for a long time now. I wouldn't trust that at all.

DarkEliteRico
Jun 1, 2006, 07:14 PM
Highly unlikely.....if so, i'll eat my work boots

Polly
Jun 1, 2006, 07:55 PM
Uncanny strange deja vu...

blace
Jun 2, 2006, 11:42 AM
When I went there to pre-order the game they said it was going to be out last month on the 6th. When I checked online it had said October 24th and finally one final time at the store they said the same thing.

Elek06
Jun 2, 2006, 12:04 PM
they're always wrong.... hopefully not this time though. pso episode 1 & 2 came out right before halloween when it was first released right? so maybe they'll release this one around the same time.

Keyeszx
Jun 2, 2006, 02:12 PM
ya also gamecrazy is more reliable and truthful
they don't put ur hopes up and crush
them when want the game so they just say fall
or somethin like that

Uncle_bob
Jun 2, 2006, 02:20 PM
Game stores are full of shit regarding release dates. Unless you hear it from an official Sega or Sonic Team website, consider it to be lies and speculation.

Keyeszx
Jun 2, 2006, 02:31 PM
but gamecrazy doesn't give u a day exactly they prob took it of the sega website when the game is coming out

kassy
Jun 2, 2006, 02:56 PM
I remember I pre-ordered a game for PS1 (forget what it was, some capcom game I think), anyways, the game got cancelled, about 3 years later, the game gets un-cancelled and was finally released on the PS1, so I get a call from EB asking if I still wanted it because I pre-ordered it 3 years ago, XD

Nisshoku
Jun 2, 2006, 02:59 PM
When dealing with stuff, I usuallyu trust my gut instinct. Seeing as games such as Suikoden 5 appear here 2-3 months after the JP release, I'd say Oct. 24 sounds like a reasonable release date.

(I checked my own EB, and since I'm in Canada, it'd be here on the 26th. Still nothing in their computers for the PC version, though.)

Saner
Jun 2, 2006, 05:23 PM
I fear its coming November 31st since Japan is August 31st.

unless it's a 2 month gap, it might not come here in October.

Kayai
Jun 2, 2006, 05:43 PM
well...we can hope for a Halloween release...get someone to give it to you at their door instead of candy XP

Saner
Jun 2, 2006, 05:48 PM
lol wouldn't that be amazing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dakota
Jun 2, 2006, 06:44 PM
i went to gamecrazy and they said its coming out in november at the earliest

Saner
Jun 3, 2006, 12:00 AM
gamecrazy is crazy. too crazy to be true http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

AzureBlaze
Jun 3, 2006, 12:12 AM
PSM just came for me this month...
And they've got a 2 page spread on PSU. A sweet shot of that green dragon everyone's seen a billion times, but it looks nice in print anyway. They talk about how it's gonna be great and all, and then promptly bungle their facts.

"Xbox and PC plays together and playstation plays with no one but iteslf" which we all know is Xbox is currently "on the chopping block" for isolation due to microsoft or that it has voice chat or something.

But at the end of the mag, they give release dates for a bunch of games, and lo...psu is on there and they are agreeing with the Oct 24th date that other place had. It SEEMS vaguely reasonable if JP gets it the end of aug, that gives us a 2mo delay which is cheap as hellz cause we know the VA is all done so there's no real excuse. However reason is not the point, typicallity is, and 2mo sounds pretty normal to me.

Could the 24th be our date?
Much later and I fear psu will be obsolete and over-looked before it even hits the shelves...

Saner
Jun 3, 2006, 12:22 AM
it should come October.

personally I don't think the releases of new systems and games will affect the core people who want this game. but Sega is aware of the competition out there, so I think they are just as anxious to release this before a rival game can steal some of its customers.

anyways this is the only online game that offers a complete and cinematic offline story adventure of this quality and depth.

so amon the other RPGs and games out there, it still will stand out. The rest is up to SOA's marketing and decisions when to release it.

physic
Jun 3, 2006, 12:31 AM
SOA's marketing sucks

ShinMaruku
Jun 3, 2006, 12:33 AM
With Soni, they need no marketing... XD

Saner
Jun 3, 2006, 12:43 AM
well ya Sonic is super popular.

PSO got its reputation over the years.

but ya SOA gotta put more effort in spreading the word in a passionate and cool way. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

not just magazine ads.

they definitely should some put up some free trailers (especially the newest ones like video 3), on Xbox Live markerplace as soon as possible.

and other things! if Sega of America takes PSU as seriously and passionately as they post their company name here and there, people would take that product more seriously and raise interest and stuff much better.

Kyuu
Jun 3, 2006, 03:38 AM
If there's anything we can all agree on, it's that SoA's marketing sucks hard, and they really, really need to get their butts in gear and put this game out there more agressively.

scott1114
Jun 3, 2006, 06:36 AM
Many JP sites had guessed the Jp realease date of psu for august 31st. Why wouldnt our US sites guessed it for October 24th?