PDA

View Full Version : Have you had any surreal moments with PSO?

Drayma
Jun 2, 2006, 03:55 AM
I had security at a hospital surround my car when I was playing PSO in my car. I didn't really notice them because at first it was raining and it was the perfect excuse to use my portable lcd. Then when I explained it to them and all they heard was Nintendo and started laughing, I guess they thought I was too old, wtf?

BonusKun
Jun 2, 2006, 04:54 AM
You were playing PSO in your car.....lol

Tact
Jun 2, 2006, 05:06 AM
WHILE you were driving? Or not?

The first case would be believable if security surrounded your car. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif And how were you playing in your car anyway? Portable screen?

Hrith
Jun 2, 2006, 05:16 AM
On 2006-06-02 03:06, Tact wrote:
And how were you playing in your car anyway? Portable screen?

it was raining and it was the perfect excuse to use my portable lcd

Genoa
Jun 2, 2006, 07:21 PM
Hah, nice. That is pretty funny. I can't say that i've had any surreal moments while playing PSO =/ heh

Ailleurs
Jun 2, 2006, 11:38 PM
I don't know if I would call it surreal, but I've had some overwhelming moments in PSO http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif. I was hunting Handgun:Guld when a sorc dropped a red box. I was so excited all I could yell (to my friend upstairs) was "Mrrougguhoshgklshdlk RED BOX!!!" Then I saw it was a photon drop. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

TheStoicOne
Jun 3, 2006, 02:03 AM
LOL!! Surreal yeah!! I can recall one time on PSO-X one of my long time Pso friends was quiting so she gave me and the rest of our little group her stuff. Well I ended up getting an Angel harp with 15% hit and she used some PD's to give it some other %'s. So anyways about a week or so after she gave it to me I was playin' a game and I had do something really quick, so I got up and went to do it (chore), when I got back my brother was sitting on the couch watchijg Tv, and the x-box WAS OFF! guess what, no more angel harp! So anyway after that devastating event, I looked on the drops and saw Skyly could find it the Easiest, which was agood thing because one of my main chars was a skyly. Ok so I start to pipe the rappies and I'm so excited because each time I see a rappy I think "Okay this is it, I know you have it", but time after time I would get a flame barrier, or money , but thats not the surreal part. Okay so I finally pipe another rappy, and I was thinking 122 my ass, when on my like 8th rappy I slaughtered it ready to get a flame barrier when it dropped a red box!! !!!OMG!!! I was excited because though I'm not the luckiest person in the world I hardly ever get Pd'd. So I walk over to the box and it reads "SPECIAL WEAPON" I was going crazy, LOL! Then I was so tired of piping it I said " FINALLY!!", and then I cut the power off and went upstairs....wait.....did...I..... did I SAVE!!!!!!!????? OMFGFFGFDFFSSSSSSSAFEFREAWRRRAWFRJJ RPWE! Thats it!

Charmander02
Jun 3, 2006, 08:06 AM
When i found a Lavis Cannon.

I was jumping up and down.

Just cuz it usually takes really long to find but i found it pretty quick.

Free_Spirit
Jun 3, 2006, 08:42 AM
It was quite surreal the other week,
I sat playing offline not seriously hunting just running through ult ruins for the first time with my Skyly, also was talking to a friend on msn, and we were talking about what i should go hunting.
He jokely said how about a lavis cannon? I said ok, who does it drop from in Skyly, he said ah, maybe not its a 1/25207 drop from a Del D you should make a redria insted. I said ok, ill do that later.
Then a Red box appears, saw it was a blade and though it had dropped from the Arlan which was next to a Del D. Looked at the stats and it had 35 hit, so i said to my friend, oooh a high hit Dragon slayer, we were joking about and about how amazing it was etc. Then i finish Ruins go back and Tekk it and there it was, a Lavis Cannon.
now it has 45 hit and 30 native (i think) and looks so good on my Huney (who is all dressed in purple http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)
It was really Surreal that we were talking about it, then it drops!

Elek06
Jun 3, 2006, 04:29 PM
i don't know if this is surreal, but i was looking for Al Rappy's for about 30 minutes, used over 1000 tp using reyuker, and found one, it dropped money... i tried again later, for another 30 minutes... finally i used up all my tp and decided to quit after going to the clinic. I used my last reyuker to go back, and there were two Al Rappies! both of them gave me special weapons too, along with some materials i found from other rappies that were int he same group. It worked out pretty good the second time...

TheyCallMeJoe
Jun 3, 2006, 07:21 PM
Well I remember a few years ago when I was on a roadtrip with the family and I brought along the portable screen, GC, and my precoius PSO. Driving to our destination and back was probably a cumulative of about 120 hours...and guess what I was doing the whole time? Yeah...PSO. That was the most I've ever played in a week http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Polly
Jun 3, 2006, 07:34 PM
When I woke up one morning and realized "Five years? God damn..."

HUcasealsRULE
Jun 4, 2006, 08:06 PM
When I realized I loved this game and my Hucaseal so much that I bought sculpting materials to carve out a 10" figure model.

When I get a good prototype I'm going to chop it up and cast it in resin so I can make variants. Then I'm going to make my Skyly Ramarl.

Game has already gobbled up many hours of my life, and now I'm compelled to feed it some more! lol!

On the plus side, I don't know anyone else with 1/6 scale PSO figures.

xxTrystanxx
Jun 6, 2006, 03:45 PM
haven't had any surreal moments IN PSO... though I did have a PSO related dream once. It was while I was in the hospital after having my son. I imagined all the doctors and nurses were FOmars and FOmarls, and every time I turned down a corridor trying to leave there was a laser fence! So I had to turn around and find the switch, and then go back, and... I must have been talking in my sleep because my fiance woke me up asking if I was alright. He said he was concerned because I had told him he needed to step on the switch and open the door.

Elek06
Jun 6, 2006, 04:05 PM
lol

Xer
Jun 6, 2006, 08:44 PM
It's okay... me and three friends were playing through the challenge mode (don't laugh... this was a WHILE ago) we had the best time we had ever gotten... killed the dragon... the other levels were finished in record time... my friend stayed under the dragon and got wasted without a scapedoll... -_-

Elek06
Jun 7, 2006, 09:02 AM
thats happened to my friend twice.

Nomahend
Jun 7, 2006, 09:29 AM
haven't had any surreal moments IN PSO... though I did have a PSO related dream once.

I had the same thing... it was weird though..
It was like a strange quest thing for ep2, in seabed. You went through and killed monsters and got times and stuff. And certain times:seconds got certain weapons.

and the timer stops and stars on every kill. (time while fighting)

Here were a few prizes I vaguely remember. Dont recall the other prizes though...

OVER 100 Kills:
0:99 - Photon Sphere
1:00 - 11 Star Rare
1:03 - Photon Drop/Addslot
1:09 - 10 Star Rare

OVER 50 Kills:
1:00 - 10 Star Rare
1:03 - Trimate/Trifluid/Star Ant
1:09 - 9 Star Rare
1:12 - 10 Star Rare (Class Defined)
1:15 - Trimate/Trifluid/Star Ant

and so on. it appeared to be on the 3s for these prizes. Call be crazy, it just happened XD not like i can control what goes on in my head lawl. Would be a great quest Idea though... id do it..

Dragon_Knight
Jun 7, 2006, 10:10 PM
Well I've had a PSO style dream once, nothing I can remeber right now. But on a number of occastions I've been travling through a place (usualy ruins hallways) and I suddenly get the feeling like I'm in the hallway itself. As in I feel as if I'm walking right behind my character through the place. It never lasts for very long usualy once I start to feel that, I snap back to feeling like I'm on the couch.

Vetsent
Jun 7, 2006, 10:41 PM
Well,I was early on in the Mines on Hard mode(level 30-ish) with my Racast for whom I am called here by(Vetsent).I got a PB Amplifier(or whichever one charges fastest) and was extremely happy(since it was so early for good stuff) that I yelled a little.Here comes my brother's dog,looking for where the noise came from.He trips over the cords and knocks my GC off the dresser it was on.I'm about to yell at him when I decide to just wait a while.I try the Mines again,and in the first group of Gilchics I find a PB Amplifier(or whatever charges fastest).

I also beat Dark Falz on Very Hard Mode by such a thin line that I forgot to breathe in all the excitement.You could look at it in this link.

http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=113125&forum=10&6

Xer
Jun 8, 2006, 01:09 PM
It's the PB/Create. Had one before my memory card got corrupted... Annolis was on that card. Went through the mines and found a Yellow Barrier, the ultimate shield for the new Annolis (with Amp of Razonde). As soon as I got it, Winnie (dog) steps on the power button of the GC. I sat there mad as ever. An hour later I turned it on to see that she still had the Amp adn the barrier... I had transfered the amp from Rei to her (saving the game)... *sigh*

Xer
Jun 8, 2006, 01:23 PM
Ooh. Nice close sall with the Falz thing... mine was similar with Rei. I was left with nothing but a crappy Musashi and being copied by that ugly mofo. Used the spec. (lost a nice chunk) then got knoked down to 3 with my attack on him. If I hadn't done that I would have gotten hit by grants THEN his blade of death. Rei's Pinkal too... HUcaseal.