PDA

View Full Version : SUV = not all guns!?

DurakkenX
Jun 2, 2006, 11:00 PM
At about 4:33 of the third new PSU video there is a Female Cast that is using what appears to be giant mech arms, which look to be a SUV type weapon, tp fight with! Anyone else pick this up?!

physic
Jun 2, 2006, 11:19 PM
well if thats an SUV, it seems liek suv's will have many types, ( it could be some sort of armor/vhehicle or something) many types of suv's may answer the different jobs and different suvs questions. looks cool

Alisha
Jun 2, 2006, 11:55 PM
On 2006-06-02 21:19, physic wrote:
well if thats an SUV, it seems liek suv's will have many types, ( it could be some sort of armor/vhehicle or something) many types of suv's may answer the different jobs and different suvs questions. looks cool

theres no question in my mind that is an SUV. im totally psyched for my cast.

Saner
Jun 2, 2006, 11:58 PM
those arms are too huge to be normal weapons.

AzureBlaze
Jun 2, 2006, 11:59 PM
I saw that too, it was insane!
That cast just started flailing around like fist of the drunk monkey but with bulldozer arms or something. Too bad it went by so quick on the video...

This really opens tons of exciting speculation for SUV weps. I was kinda dissapointed when they were 'one shot blast' like estlla or something, seemed a bit easy to miss, waste or be forced to save up thru the whole level because you don't want to waste it on a booma. But with those mega-arms or whatever it was, it makes an SUV more like the beast blast, where you go on a rampage. Maybe others will be strafe-able gattling gun types or an area missile blast. (like that square thing that one dude from GI Joe always wore around...forgot his name)

Still, more awesome possibilities, I can't wait to try 'em out!

physic
Jun 2, 2006, 11:59 PM
yeah looking again it has the suv thing up top

_Tek_
Jun 3, 2006, 02:24 AM
It'd be cool if this giant sword came down, like power rangers.

OdinTyler
Jun 3, 2006, 09:10 AM
Well this makes sense in that casts won't JUST be Rangers. They probably have SUV weps for Hunters & Forces too. Perhaps your current class type dictates the kind of SUV you can currently beam down to your char. That would make sense & also, would compel you to try all 3 class types, just to see what SUVs you could get. My main question is simple:

WHAT DOES SUV STAND FOR???

How has this info not been gotten from ST directly by now? With all the recent interviews, it would be nice to have a definitive answer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Oh & how the SUV works exactly. Is it stat based? Class determined? Can you select which ones to use?

OK, its more than one question. Sue me...

DurakkenX
Jun 3, 2006, 09:38 AM
Oh & how the SUV works exactly. Is it stat based? Class determined? Can you select which ones to use?

Like PBs. Probably not. No. Yes.

OdinTyler
Jun 3, 2006, 09:55 AM
You don't know this for sure as I don't know anyone who's actually used them. I'd like official word on this.

Ryna
Jun 3, 2006, 10:13 AM
On 2006-06-03 07:55, OdinTyler wrote:
You don't know this for sure as I don't know anyone who's actually used them. I'd like official word on this.

I was able to use SUV-Weapons during Beta. They are limited only to Casts. You can find updated information about SUV-Weapons here:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2370

DurakkenX
Jun 3, 2006, 11:03 AM
I didn't say what wasn't already know so i'm right ^.^

I wonder what other one's there'll be. so far we've seen Laser, Gatling, and Fists...sounds like there may be a SUV that goes with each weapon class ^.^

Zorafim
Jun 7, 2006, 12:39 PM
It stands for "Sport Utility Vehicle"

OdinTyler
Jun 7, 2006, 12:45 PM
Ryna, you misunderstood what I was talking about. I was referring to SUVs as in are there different types of SUVs based on your class type. I already know they're cast only. LOL I haven't forgotten that...

DizzyDi
Jun 7, 2006, 12:59 PM
On 2006-06-07 10:39, Zorafim wrote:
It stands for "Sport Utility Vehicle"

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif not in the PSUniverse.
We've speculated what SUV stands for.
Something like Satellite Uplink Volley, or something like that.

OdinTyler
Jun 7, 2006, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I figured out the Satellite & Volley. The U still eludes me tho. Uplink sounds good tho. Perhaps upload? It couldn't be upload tho because technically it's beamed DOWN to you. I think we need to make a poll on what SUV stands for.

Sev
Jun 7, 2006, 04:51 PM
SUV Weapon of Choice: Positron Bolt

(I'm not serious about that one.)

OdinTyler
Jun 8, 2006, 10:03 AM
Yeah, bring back Wren's weps! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Of course, in doing that, you'd have to be able to do skill combos like you could in PSIV. If you could do that...ONLINE...that would rock! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif But, the game isn't tailored that way as SUVs predominantly seem to be a 1 hit HUGE blast...