PDA

View Full Version : Old PSU Stuff?

AzureBlaze
Jun 3, 2006, 12:40 AM
With the new news coming in, it looks to be an exciting time again for PSU waiters...

But I am curious about the OLD news. On the first trailer they had that wierd "horns karen" where it was like they were thinking of making her a cast and not a newman so she couldn't do techs.

Then, someone mentioned 'long hair ethan', and some ship that no one's seen since like the first trailer from a zillion mo. ago.

I know that a lot of stuff doesn't make it to the final cut of a game, and thats where we get 'lost levels' and hidden guys and stuff. If you are a Sonic fan, you'll know that there are whole branches of the fandom dedicated to sniffing out every bit of code on every cartridge. Places like "genocide city" and "wood zone" while unknown to regular people are among their big discoveries. I have magazines with screencaps of a Sonic Adventure 1 flying city on a rock in the sky. As you know that doesn't exist now.

What parts of PSU are getting swapped/erased/makeovers? Which chars are getting left behind or changed so radically we don't know them any more? We know SOMEone will get that art-book, which may have fascinating sketches and prototypes to scan, but that's not till august.
Has anyone got shots now of
Long Hair Ethan
Mystery Ship
Horns Karen
Anything else that's failed to appear since or been changed around? And not the video, actual captures so they hold still and can be prove-able.

I am not some lost level buff or anything, I'm just curious and also interested in preserving prototypes and inspecting ideas. Plus, it's another excuse to think about psu! Wheee

Saner
Jun 3, 2006, 12:50 AM
are you sure that's even Karen? could have been an original character that was scrapped. besides those horns are different from Cast horns.

anyways the original trailer and how PSU looks now, they made a good choice with how the people and stuff look now. No need to look back on what could have been. lol.

maybe its good to see how PSU have changed over the years. but a horny Cast version Karen just doesn't seem right. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Ether
Jun 3, 2006, 12:52 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=108980&forum=20

Horned Karen > Newman Karen

RoninJoku
Jun 3, 2006, 12:59 AM
Well, as far as I could tell, they just put together that trailer (almost at the last minute) to show that they were going to be working on the game... As of course we all remember (to our dismay) the trailer notified us at the end that the project was "just started"... I would say that the Humar-ish character was definitely supposed to play the same role as ethan though... He obviously just got a big redesign for whatever reason-as with most of the other aspects from that trailer...

The only other thing I could possibly think of where screens were shown or w/e is the wand looking weapon that apparantly didn't even appear as a grayed out weapon on the weapons display in the beta... But who's really to say it won't appear in the final version...

Saner
Jun 3, 2006, 01:03 AM
I disagree! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Newman Karen > horny blue hair girl http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Maybe because of Mirei you think another main female Newman is an extra Newearl too many, but that horned girl does not even fit in the final traits of each species/race's genes.

Beasts do not have horns and Casts do not have organic/bone horns.

maybe if they decided to keep that character, she might serve as a hidden and rare 5th race. but chances of that are pretty low, maybe not even existant if she was Karen's design prototype.

but anyways, they already made their decision so please be polite and accept Karen for what she is now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AzureBlaze
Jun 3, 2006, 02:38 AM
I don't think anyone's campaigning for a redesign or saying older ver should be all superior to everyone in current style...

It's just curiosity. Like maybe cast was more organic with the horns like that, but they dumped the look because they had beast which is all 'back to nature' kind of thing, and they'd be too similar/a dupe char.

Looks get dumped for a REASON, if you look thru the pso book of hunters, there's lots of lame designs like RAmar with totally enclosed in a huge pod-head. And some kind of pedo-fone with mashed boobs and pantaloons on the outside with ice-skating montague. Protos aren't always awesome, but they're interesting just to see what people were thinking. Also bits and pieces carry over because the FOne didn't make it (thank everything) but her pants did: The swirly pink ones.

*As for the 5th race, that's why the call for screenshots, you can't tell if she has cracks in her face to announce her as a cast or whatever by just the video.
*And if the humar was early-ethan, what exactly is he like?
Stuff like this tends to get 'stamped out' by the creators and can easily be forgotten/overlooked by the fans until a much later date when it is nearly impossible to get.

ANIMEniac
Jun 3, 2006, 03:21 AM
it would be nice if you could grow Ethan's hair. But this early video makes me wonder will this game have final fantasy moments where they will use graphics that are 5 times petter than the now to really encapture certain moments in the story? also i thought the early karen is kinda cool, but if the current karen has the atitude and moves that the beta had then i have no complaints. tho only things we've seen karen do is talk to ethan, fight ethan, and hug ethan. so there is a lot we dont no of her personality or many other characters. i cant wait ^_^

Shivore
Jun 3, 2006, 06:49 AM
On 2006-06-02 22:52, Ether wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=108980&forum=20

Horned Karen > Newman Karen

I don't think that's Karen. On the main page they have the new videos, watch video no. 2, about 15 seconds in. Looks like that horned girl isn't ancient history after all. If she was dropped, then why put her in a recent trailer?