PDA

View Full Version : Is PSU equal to but greater than .Hack!? Do you agree?

Oji_Retta
Jun 3, 2006, 08:07 AM
Do you agree?

READ THIS:

I couldn't help but notice this post on BB this morning. I want to see the response this gets from the PSU addicts...P.S How can you be addicts when the game isn't even out yet? lol.

POSTED BY SET ON PSOBB.COM

"I think PSU is, in effect the real world online version/equivalent of .Hack(game/anime). Let me list some similarities.

They both have a lobby like thing, both represented as cities/towns

They are both instanced: Warp to the play area with party made in the city/town (though in PSU there is a larger party capacity)

Customizable Char (...that is from the anime, the games didn't offer that)

Actoin Oriented Gameplay

They both utilize combos (skills in PSU)

Something to ride on (PSU has more)

PSU Has all that and more hence it is greater than .Hack(the overall idea of it) but in the major areas is quite similar."

ShadowTH1000
Jun 3, 2006, 10:33 AM
lol Personally I like the .hack world better. Something about the .Hack classes that I like, probably that they are unique, and not the usual RPG classes.

Its not that I don't like PSU, its just that I think the .Hack world is better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowTH1000 on 2006-06-03 08:34 ]</font>

Neural_Nebula
Jun 3, 2006, 10:39 AM
Meh... I like both games so I wouldn't really like to be put into a situation to compare the two games - such as here. I'll talk about the similarities yes, but that's it. Yes, PSO has the real online bit that .hack hasn't, or rather... didn't... but the online portion of PSU looks far better in my eyes though, obviously. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Tycho
Jun 3, 2006, 11:39 AM
Comparing a game to an anime? What the hell?
If you're talking about their general universes and 'feels' though... I'm still undecided, depends on how cool and epic they can manage to make the plot. The scenes at the end of some of the videos--of monsters getting overwhelmed by a great sources of light/explosion--reminded me of the moon scenes from FF VIII, which to me is a good thing.

Dre_o
Jun 3, 2006, 11:57 AM
I agree, what the hell? You can't compare a game to an anime....not without crossing some very strange boundaries.

Polly
Jun 3, 2006, 12:06 PM
They both have a lobby like thing, both represented as cities/towns

They are both instanced

PSU IS JUST LIKE GUILD WARS RITE GUYS?

Customizable Char (...that is from the anime, the games didn't offer that)

PSU IS JUST LIKE EVERY SPORTS GAME EVER RITE GUYS?

Actoin Oriented Gameplay

PSU IS JUST LIKE CONTRA RIGHT GUYS?

They both utilize combos (skills in PSU)

PSU IS JUST LIKE KILLER INSTINCT RIGHT GUYS?

Something to ride on (PSU has more)

PSU IS JUST LIKE SE--errr HALO RIGHT GUYS?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Triela on 2006-06-03 10:07 ]</font>

Neural_Nebula
Jun 3, 2006, 12:07 PM
I think the original poster was meaning to compare the game realm of .hack (.hack//Infection, .hack//Mutation and so on so forth) and not .hack//SIGN (the anime.)

So to elude this confusion, keep the comparative discussion restricted to the game version rather than toss in some of the anime's situations into the fray... otherwise it would render this topic to be rather pointless as has been expressed by the posters before me in so many words...

kazuma56
Jun 3, 2006, 12:52 PM
I found the .hack games to be boring action wise, the attack animation wasn't varied in the least, their was like only 2-3 different looking kill animations per character, and each class (long arm, wave master, blademaster and whatever kites class was) wasn't all to special, they all felt pretty limited and generic IMO.

Although they DID make .Hack fragment in Japan wgich supposedly was online, i'm not sure how good or bad the 1st "online" installment of tht game went.

Kyuu
Jun 3, 2006, 03:58 PM
<3 Triela.