PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay

DavidNel
Jun 3, 2006, 09:44 AM
To all beta testers:

How is the gameplay? From all the videos I've seen, the controls seem a tad bit sloppy. The photon arts are the things that look really odd to me. It really wouldn't bother me even if the controls ARE sloppy, I just want to know if I should play it like the old PSO or Tales of Symphonia (REALLY sloppy controls).

Ryna
Jun 3, 2006, 10:10 AM
Could you elaborate by what you mean by "sloppy controls?" What makes you think the controls in PSO or Tales of Symphonia are sloppy?

Personally, I thought the controls for PSU were pretty good. They were a big improvement over PSO. Still, they may seem "sloppy" to you depending on your definition.

Inazuma
Jun 3, 2006, 11:42 AM
PSU's controls are very well done. after you play psu, and then go back to pso, you will feel like pso has the bad controls.

scott1114
Jun 3, 2006, 12:03 PM
And slow gameplay...

Neural_Nebula
Jun 3, 2006, 12:21 PM
I can't realy offer much of a valid opinion on the subject but from what I'v seen yeah, looking at PSU and then back over at PSO... PSO certainly appears sloth-like in pace when placed side to side with its soon-to-be-live successor. More involving, greater freedom of movement and more rough-'n'-tumble brawlin' - bleh, can'nae come up with better wording at present - I think it's quite a far cry from being sloppy.

Does it happen so fast that it seems like you'd have your fingers slipping all over the place? Is that what you mean? Otherwise I fail to see where you're coming from - but I say again, I didn't apply for beta so I only have a minor gist of what it exactly feels like to play in motion. [EDIT:] Um yeah, so I shouldn't be replying in the first place but... ah well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neural_Nebula on 2006-06-03 10:22 ]</font>

DavidNel
Jun 3, 2006, 02:32 PM
What I mean by sloppy is that you can just press the attack button, and if ther happens to be an monster in the way, you hurt it. That was like Tales, you just hammered the A button and you win >_>. I'm worried that people will just equip a handgun and a saber and start pounding their keyboard and kill everything. PSO wasn't like that, everyone had a set range of motion.

DurakkenX
Jun 3, 2006, 02:36 PM
well...if someone gets in the way of a sword in the real way they usually get cut... what do you expect?

Kyuu
Jun 3, 2006, 04:06 PM
On 2006-06-03 12:32, DavidNel wrote:
What I mean by sloppy is that you can just press the attack button, and if ther happens to be an monster in the way, you hurt it. That was like Tales, you just hammered the A button and you win >_>. I'm worried that people will just equip a handgun and a saber and start pounding their keyboard and kill everything. PSO wasn't like that, everyone had a set range of motion.

From my understanding, melee attacks are still combo based, so spamming the attack button won't work. And for ranged weapons, spamming the attack button will result in you depleting your PP so quick that you'll end up having nothing to fight with if you don't put a little thought into where you shoot your bullets.

DavidNel
Jun 3, 2006, 05:48 PM
^ okay, thanks. That answered my question!

Keyeszx
Jun 4, 2006, 08:37 PM
what was ur question that answered a question like how the weapons work not how the gameplay is well is this game's controls easy or is it like freakin hold every button down to walk

Ferali
Jun 4, 2006, 09:56 PM
For every period you don't use, I'm going to use three...

Eifersucht
Jun 5, 2006, 12:04 AM
On 2006-06-04 19:56, Ferali wrote:
For every period you don't use, I'm going to use three...

teh laff

DamonKatu
Jun 5, 2006, 12:46 AM
O man, this isnt helping my pacents for PSU to come out. I just hope that I can wait untill halloween. If the controls are that free based from PSO, then avoiding monster's attacks would be much soother in PSU. That is really cool.