PDA

View Full Version : PSU prordering

cherry
Jun 3, 2006, 11:03 PM
how many have preorded PSU i my self just did 1 hour ago

EDIT: Oh yeah and for which system me PS2 (My computer is uber slow)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cherry on 2006-06-03 21:04 ]</font>

Inu_Shadi
Jun 3, 2006, 11:04 PM
Im waiting for a official release date before I order PSU

Jaleigha
Jun 3, 2006, 11:05 PM
I have pre-ordered two copies for the PS2. One for me and my son.

Saner
Jun 3, 2006, 11:08 PM
I won't pre-order until they announce an exact OFFICIAL month and day for U.S.A.

and even then there is no need to pre-order until maybe the week before it comes out.

justinbrady
Jun 3, 2006, 11:09 PM
i am just gonna wait till a official release date or the day of the release itself. Phantasy Star is not on MOST of the American gamers mind...because most of them dont know a good game from a easy one....WoW. plus it will probably come out around the same time as world of warcraft : the burning legion....which will be the game you need to preorder and will be sold out.

Saner
Jun 3, 2006, 11:16 PM
pre-ordering is still helpful because it shows the stores and companies how big is the demand.

yes the demand won't be so big that it will be sold out first day, but still pre-ordering still gives them a better idea how much this game is wanted over here.

Inazuma
Jun 3, 2006, 11:29 PM
i pre-ordered on dec 8, 2005! such painful delays...

uhawww
Jun 4, 2006, 12:10 AM
Pre-ordered JP PC edition from Play-Asia since Dec of 05 as well.

It will be worth it though.

AzureBlaze
Jun 4, 2006, 12:14 AM
I am afraid to pre-order.
I pre-ordered Sonic Riders off some gamespot online thing (if you subscribe to the Sega news letter, it said you could get a free Riders tshirt) and It took me over TEN emails and 2 months to get the game even though I order it a week in advance.

Because what if that happens to you?
You're already out the money into the co. you ordered from, and now you don't have it on release day, so you have to go out and spend double the money driving buying another copy, and then hassle returning the late one.

I too, know the value of showing demand for something, but it's just so risky...I'd like to but...

Saner
Jun 4, 2006, 12:51 AM
ya I don't recommend ordering online unless that's your only option.

Better off picking it up at a store.

Lyrise
Jun 4, 2006, 02:57 AM
Had it pre-ordered since forever. SegaDirect packs back in October 05, Standard version Dec 05.

Now that they shifted the pre-order bonuses so that the standard versions have the artbook and the CD (which were originally exclusive to the SD packs), I have long since cancelled my SegaDirect packs (I'm not paying an extra 30 dollars for a T-shirt and a keystrap).

Saner
Jun 4, 2006, 03:11 AM
On 2006-06-04 00:57, Lyrise wrote:
Had it pre-ordered since forever. SegaDirect packs back in October 05, Standard version Dec 05.

Now that they shifted the pre-order bonuses so that the standard versions have the artbook and the CD (which were originally exclusive to the SD packs), I have long since cancelled my SegaDirect packs (I'm not paying an extra 30 dollars for a T-shirt and a keystrap).

lol but that keystrap might have magical properties! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ANIMEniac
Jun 4, 2006, 04:22 AM
the only reason i havent preordered it yet is cause im gunna wait till i move into my dorm then find a place near there to preorder.

Kamica
Jun 4, 2006, 09:24 AM
pre-ordered jp version since december7

tank1
Jun 4, 2006, 09:35 AM
Once theres a US release date ill pre-order it. Im not gonna sit around forever waiting for a EU release since ill probably be waiting until 2008 or some stupid date like that XD

StarWind09
Jun 4, 2006, 04:07 PM
yeah i will preorder. but only when the release date is announced... even though I know it wont sell out where I live

Keyeszx
Jun 4, 2006, 07:10 PM
i pre ordered about 20 years ago for my PS2 i think my money is getting dusty in the case labeled PSU money

20 minus the 0

Kyuu
Jun 4, 2006, 07:27 PM
I'll preorder, only in the hope that there will be some preorder goodies, though. I know PSU is likely not going to be a sell-out, much as I'm looking forward to it.

And isn't this thread number 589034830948 on this subject? =P

Lyrise
Jun 4, 2006, 11:02 PM
Read my post above. All standard copies pre-ordered come with the artbook and the minisoundtrack that were limited to the SD packs earlier (while supplies last, check with your importer to see if this applies, Play-Asia and NCSXS are usually good about this stuff). The SD packs in return, got a better T-Shirt.

Ferali
Jun 4, 2006, 11:05 PM
I actually like the T-Shirt... >_>

Eifersucht
Jun 4, 2006, 11:15 PM
I've had my PC version pre ordered for months now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Hooray for uber anticipation >.<

Kyuu
Jun 5, 2006, 01:48 AM
On 2006-06-04 21:02, Lyrise wrote:
Read my post above. All standard copies pre-ordered come with the artbook and the minisoundtrack that were limited to the SD packs earlier (while supplies last, check with your importer to see if this applies, Play-Asia and NCSXS are usually good about this stuff). The SD packs in return, got a better T-Shirt.

Aye, but aren't you describing the JP preorders? Or is there a confirmation that the US preorders will be getting same goodies?

Saffran
Jun 5, 2006, 04:42 AM
|Or is there a confirmation that the US preorders will be getting same goodies?

Seriously now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif You're talking to players that have had the jp premium extra ftw package preordered for 6 months now (which is incidentally the only one in existance as of today). We couln't care less about the US release http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

DraginHikari
Jun 5, 2006, 06:30 AM
On 2006-06-05 02:42, Saffran wrote:

Somehow I seriously doubt it...

CherryLunar
Jun 5, 2006, 08:55 AM
I want to see if there are going to be any goodies first. Me wants me goodies. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Lyrise
Jun 5, 2006, 09:00 AM
On 2006-06-05 04:30, DraginHikari wrote:

On 2006-06-05 02:42, Saffran wrote:

Somehow I seriously doubt it...

You're most likely right. You already know how SoA, let alone the American arms of companies work. Very often you won't get free stuff unless its a high profile game, which it seems like PSU is not (in the western hemisphere anyway). Or in this case, a cheap cap/t-shirt. Sega of America rarely hands out anything you find in the JP versions of their games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2006-06-05 07:05 ]</font>

Nisshoku
Jun 5, 2006, 09:19 AM
Although I haven't had the money to pre-order yet, I know for a fact I probably will. Hopefully, I'll have both pre-orders (1 PC,1 PS2) paid off before the US release date. (Which I'm still shooting for October 26th.)

Magician
Jun 5, 2006, 09:54 AM
Yup, 360 version, paid in full.

DjDragoon
Jun 5, 2006, 10:44 AM
I'll have to wait until they annouce if 360 servers are linked to the others. I'm planning to buy the PC verison for myself and the 360 verison for my sis.

Keyeszx
Jun 5, 2006, 12:05 PM
u know once i preordered a game then it never like came out until i unpreordered it then im like WTF maybe the same will happen wit this game

EDOJIN
Jun 15, 2006, 11:09 AM
well seeing that i went to eb games and asked for the preorder list and to my suprise found out it was being released 10/24/06 i couldn't resist but to order it. see im a bit lazy but once i get that magical call im gonna get my couch patatoe butt up and go and get it... all i know is that im realy happy and having the preorder. its reassuring to know ill get to play the first day it comes out.

Deaf360
Jun 15, 2006, 02:27 PM
i have pre order..3 month ago right after they accounment that it will go out for 360 too! ^_^ i was so happy but then it start talk about...server link will might not work together i was like.. -.- darn but hey!! dont lost faith..at least they havent decide it yet! ^_^;

daddy_zach
Jun 15, 2006, 06:12 PM
On 2006-06-03 21:05, Jaleigha wrote:
I have pre-ordered two copies for the PS2. One for me and my son.

Where and how did you pre order it so soon?

Po-Fu
Jun 15, 2006, 06:21 PM
...Friend needed a preorder to make him happy, and I need PSU, so I pre-ordered it. He works at EB games, which has the relese date of 10/24, as mentioned above. Not holding my breath though. o_o

TheyCallMeJoe
Jun 15, 2006, 06:27 PM
Pre-order schme-ordre http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I've never pre-ordered a game and they've all been just as grand anyway. And I also have to agree...if they don't release a precise US date I won't really be anticipating it as much.

daddy_zach
Jun 15, 2006, 07:27 PM
pre-orders are nice cus it guarentees the game. But...........BUT!! how can you pre-order when there is not set date? you may haev said if there is a set date but im to lazy to look to see. lol