PDA

View Full Version : Zones~

-Klaus-
Jun 4, 2006, 12:57 PM
Question about the zones.

You know how in PSO, when you were in... the forest for example, and there was a gate. You walk through the gate and the boomas start to attack. You run back through the gate and they stop attacking.

Does this happen in PSU? Or do the enemies follow you? o,o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Klaus- on 2006-06-04 10:57 ]</font>

Kyuu
Jun 4, 2006, 01:00 PM
From the videos I've seen, it looked like the creatures will follow you for a certain distance before teleporting back to their spawn location. Also, it didn't seem like things were broken up into the same kind of room system as PSO was. A CBTer would probably be able to shed better light on this, though.

EspioKaos
Jun 4, 2006, 01:02 PM
There are still some barriers that enemies will not cross -- I recall seeing some where when an enemy got to it, they would teleport away -- but the areas are much larger than before, so you could be on the run from enemies for a bit. Also, I ran into some hallways in the Raphon Relics where a few Bajilas and Golmoros followed me through the doorway and chased me back down the hall. They eventually stopped and went back to their spawn point, though. To be honest, I was kind of happy to see that. It adds a little challenge to the game now that you can't use a door as an easy escape from certain enemies.

-Klaus-
Jun 4, 2006, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I agree. Imo, I think it's an improvement.

justinbrady
Jun 4, 2006, 01:45 PM
i agree. i think that dieing is a part of the game. but i think that if it is going to be easier to die or more challenging to stay alive thye should lessen up on the penalty of death. meseta loss/ going back to the begnning of the zone.

Tycho
Jun 4, 2006, 05:43 PM
On 2006-06-04 11:02, EspioKaos wrote:
They eventually stopped and went back to their spawn point, though.
Clarification: 'went' would be 'warped' in this case.

Saner
Jun 4, 2006, 06:50 PM
so what happens if you run out of HP? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/pizza.gif

any EXP lost? meseta lost? dropped weapon/item?

hopefully you can't delevel. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kyuu
Jun 4, 2006, 07:23 PM
I believe there was a discussion about the penalties for dying previously, and if I remember correctly, you lose no experience, meseta, or items. However, since you're always doing a mission and seeking to get the best rating, and dying has a negative impact on your rating...

Basically, don't die, or your team will be pissed since they won't get nearly as many points toward their job level as they otherwise would have.

Inazuma
Jun 4, 2006, 07:27 PM
if you die w/o a scape doll, the mission rewards (type exp & meseta) for the entire party will be lowered. the more deaths there are, the lower the reward is for everyone.

comparing this to pso (char exp loss for the player, scape or not), is much better imo.

in pso, it was possible to play for an hour and actually end up w/ less exp pts than you started w/! that always bothered me very much. i felt like i couldnt ever take on a challenge b/c it simply wasnt worth it, w/ the way the game was set up.

in psu, you can take on the most difficult mission you can do, die all you want, and at the very worst, end up the same as you started. you wont have your meseta or type exp LOWER than what you started w/.

plus, all the char exp, photon art exp, meseta and items you pick up, you cant ever lose.

sega really did a good job w/ this. dying still sux enough to make you try not to get killed but it doesnt prevent you from taking on challenges, which is an important part of a video game.

Kyuu
Jun 4, 2006, 07:29 PM
I agree with Inazuma. PSU's system is much better than any exp/money/item loss system. You still have a big incentive for avoiding death (lowering or possibly even entirely negating the mission rewards for you and your team), but you won't be afraid to try something challenging due to possibly ending up worse than you started.

Keyeszx
Jun 4, 2006, 08:33 PM
ok but when u die do u go to the lobby emmiedatly or does it ask like PSO if u wish to go back

Inazuma
Jun 4, 2006, 08:42 PM
it asks you if you want to return to the lobby, just like in pso.

Keyeszx
Jun 4, 2006, 08:47 PM
okay cuz it would suck if it didn't

Kyuu
Jun 4, 2006, 09:45 PM
It would be kinda hard to revive someone if they got transported back to the lobby instantly. =P

Keyeszx
Jun 5, 2006, 12:12 PM
its like dont worry ill heal u no hes gone