PDA

View Full Version : Would you cheat on PSU if you could?

Char
Jun 4, 2006, 04:31 PM
OK the question to the poll is "Would you cheat on PSU if you could?" I know it is going to be much harder to cheat now that they are going to keep a server sided account. But lets just say it happened. I know many people used an AR on 1 and 2. It started off as a secret and not many people knew aobut it. Then everyone started to use the hurtful codes. Thats right "FSOD" "BSOD" "LSOD". What I found funny was that people were saying "Im going to frozen screen of death you!" This time around PSU is going to be 100x better I think than PSO. If I had a choice to cheat on PSU I wouldnt. This time around legit is the only road for me.

VioletSkye
Jun 4, 2006, 04:48 PM
I wouldn't cheat until after I had beaten offline a few times and really given it some serious time. Eventually, out of curiousity, I'm sure I'll mess around with whatever cheats they find for it. I'm too lazy to look for exploits on my own http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif so I'll wait until some are released. I never used the harmful codes with PSO and I would never use them on PSU and I certainly wouldn't use them to ruin other people's games or the trade economy. I used cheats offline in my own game and I wasn't into mass duping uber rares and PSU will be the same. I'll mess with whatever cheats/exploits/programs they have on my own privately, but keep my main characters (especially online) legit.

DurakkenX
Jun 4, 2006, 05:08 PM
It matters how ST handles the situation. I was one of the first to start cheating back in the PSO DCv1 days, but I did not use harmful cheats less in jest or against a person that I saw do harm. and by in jest i don't mean i'd NOL someone for fun >.> I'm talking sometimes smack people with spells or PKing them or non-harmful in the long run type stuff. If i did end up causing some sort of prob accidentally i made it right ^.^

If ST starts screwing over the NA servers again like they did on PSO I see no reason not to cheat to get the stuff that NA servers SHOULD have that ST just decided not to give us.

Saner
Jun 4, 2006, 06:58 PM
I won't ever cheat.

I played Dreamcast PSO and I only got one FSOD in my entire career of PSO. and it didn't affect anything.

Im sure security is much better than before.

they learned from PSO, and PSO BB so they have confirmed they have taken those games into account to improve PSU's security even further.

as for dupers, they never bothered me at all. I even partied with some. I find that to be a harmless way to cheat as long as they do not directly affect others with freezing or player damaging or stuff like that.

besides, cheaters do those things mainly with the PC, maybe they shouldn't of made this game for PC, that would have blocked out an immense population of hackers, but oh well like I said the security will be better and besides the community is more than just cheaters, you'll always find good people to party with.

so ya I'm not concerned about cheaters as much as I think about the whiners who overexaggerate about the problems. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Kyuu
Jun 4, 2006, 07:14 PM
Duping is not harmless. It ruins the player economy and trivializes the rareness of "rare" drops (thereby eliminating one of the reasons to play: treasure hunting). There will be no need to make "back-ups" of weapons anymore, as getting items wiped will not be an issue anymore as data is stored server-side now.

The absolute worst-hacked PSOs were the original Dreamcast versions. PSO BB is easily the most hack-free of the PSOs I have played (and I've played at least a little of all of them), and it's PC only. So I don't see how your PC comment holds water. PC games are not "easier" to hack than console games. (Edit: And yes I'm aware of the fact that the DC PSOs were of course the least secure owning to being the first, and PSO BB is the most secure due it being the latest. However, seeing as PSU will be using GameGuard and ST has much, much more experience dealing with the issue than when they started with the first PSO [at that point, they had zero experience], I highly doubt hacking will be an issue at all. Even if someone does find a method to hack/dupe, it will likely be quickly patched out.)

My question is, why can't people just play the game the way it's designed to be played? Items are not meant to be able to be duped, so don't dupe them. What you do with your offline characters is your own business, as it affects no one but yourself. However, what you do online can and will affect other people's online experience, so don't mess with it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-06-04 17:18 ]</font>

Ferali
Jun 4, 2006, 07:22 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Agreed, duping is a harmful act that destroys the economy. If you've played a lot of korean games, you'll see a lot of korean players logging onto US servers and drop rare items in order to drive american players out (because of it's effect on the economy). Thankfully, with GameGuard and server-side character storage, I think it'll be a lot tougher to dupe and use other hacks. Undoubtedly there will always be a way to do so, but much more controlled than in previous PSO's.

Ferali
Jun 4, 2006, 07:23 PM
I meant to point at Kyuu... ; ;

Kyuu
Jun 4, 2006, 07:25 PM
On 2006-06-04 17:23, Ferali wrote:
I meant to point at Kyuu... ; ;

Haha, just use one up arrow thingie, put two in and it thinks you're trying to do the "^_^" face.

Saner
Jun 4, 2006, 07:33 PM
okay Im sorry for foolishly relating the cheating problem towards PCs.

but anyways I still don't agree duping is that big of a problem.

if someone dupes a rare, you have yet to find that rare yourself so you can still treasure hunt for that same type of rare. you don't have to buy a copy from them.

if you plan on selling rares and if dupers steal your customers, well there are alternatives to making money, or finding customers that buy legit products. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

besides if you plan on selling rares maybe selling them to an NPC shop could get you a reasonable amount for them.

one shouldn't depend solely on the economy to make money, you can choose to 'live off the land', so to speak. collecting treasure and selling them to friends or NPC shops. I always increased my savings that way in PSO.

some people are having fun with their rare duped double sabers, that's their choice. maybe you plan on using rares to make more money faster but in PSO you cn get rich fast already as it is. unlike the common mmorpgs, I think this game won't be so expensive and unfair that it would take too long afford anything you want evventually.

beta testers have said moeny is harder to come by this time, but people will find ways around it to make better cash. plus missions award cash based on rank too so there are plenty of alternatives to make money and have fun with whatever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-06-04 17:34 ]</font>

Kyuu
Jun 4, 2006, 07:40 PM
If people want to "have fun" with their duped weapons that they didn't find legitimately, they can do that offline. It's just not that much to ask to keep illegitimate activities away from the offline portion, I don't think.

Edit: And it's not just about making money through having an economy where rares are actually worth something because not everyone can just get one off a duper (though that is one reason). It also definitely ruins the thrill and excitement of finding a rare item, when everyone else is running around with a duped copy of that rare item. I remember on the DC PSO v1, I was so incredibly excited to find a Double Saber. A few months later, everyone had a Double Saber that they had gotten from one duper or another. Do I think anyone else who found a Double Saber drop was nearly as excited about as I had been after that? Likely not. Who cares when not only is it not really rare anymore, but actually more common a sight than a DB Saber?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-06-04 17:46 ]</font>

Saner
Jun 4, 2006, 07:45 PM
its nice if they take action on dupers if they show up again.

but as for asking, they are just too stubborn to listen. they'll keep doing it until they are stripped of their items or banned. but there is a chance they'll never get banned because I don't think Sega would ban a paying customer.

I wonder how they manage to get duping to work anyways? That would be funny if there is no way they can dupe this time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-06-04 17:46 ]</font>

Inazuma
Jun 4, 2006, 07:47 PM
w/ the way psu is set up, duping is worst thing that could happen. well, even in pso, duping was the worst cheat. it ruins the whole trade economy for every single player on the game.

if someone chooses to spam in the lobby, harass me, try to pick up all the items, etc. i can just mute, block, kick and ban them, throw up a password and set items to random. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
w/ the players having so many ways to deal w/ assholes, duping seems like the only way they could still harm us.

Roken
Jun 4, 2006, 07:54 PM
I'll never cheat. Cheating just takes the fun out of things, as well as hurt other players ( most of the time ). With the upgraded security, I believe that theres no point in even trying to cheat anyway, since it can hurt you more by deletion of your character/account by the moderaters as well.

Uri
Jun 4, 2006, 09:07 PM
I played PSO for quite a bit before using hacked weapons. After a while the game started to get boring since I was taking away all the challenge.

So I'll probably play legit in PSU. I'd like the experience to last as long as possible.

DurakkenX
Jun 4, 2006, 09:14 PM
The thing is...that people don't understand is that hacking of the original game was in reaction to ST treating NA unfairly with certain items...namely Lavis cannon

Inazuma
Jun 4, 2006, 09:20 PM
and the reason the servers are not linked for psobb and psu is b/c of cheating.

DurakkenX
Jun 4, 2006, 09:37 PM
that's what sega wants you to think... if that were the case they'd take a tip from other games and add a "cheat" server.

Kyuu
Jun 4, 2006, 09:39 PM
I don't truely believe that the rampant hacking was some sort of misguided retaliation at Sonic Team. People do it because they're bored, because they just want instant gratification in terms of being as powerful as you can be in the game with no time invested, and, in the case of FSODs, NOLs, BSODs, and other harmful sorts of hacks, because they get some kind of sick pleasure from messing things up for other people (i.e. sociopaths).

And, in the end, all they really accomplished was to demonstrate to Sega that they were better off unlinking the US and JP servers so as to keep the cheater Americans away from their Japanese clientele who, by and large, didn't involve themselves in that sort of thing.

Edit: I've never heard of any popular game that incorporated "cheater servers." And anyways, PSU does have a cheater server: it's called offline mode. No one cares if you cheat there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-06-04 19:43 ]</font>

Brus
Jun 4, 2006, 09:47 PM
I would PK, CK, NOL, FSOD, BSOD, ROFLSOD, and LMAOSOD everyone on every server. I kid!
I cheated alot on V1 but v1 was my first online game and I had no idea how badly cheating impacted an online economy, but I learned my lesson. Since then no more cheating for me. (oh what the heck maybe offline mode after about 3000 hours of legit play time)

SirenV
Jun 4, 2006, 10:05 PM
The answer is no. Anyone who says yes shouldn't play, seriously. It shouldn't even be a question. I'm sick of games becoming corrupted like that.

The jerks in PSO (DC) who would kill your character and steal your weapon (and myriad other heinous things like that) were the epitomy of madness. Then they'd have the audacity to deny everything, or treat you awfully in general, ugh.. 50% smug, 50% twisted, and 100% disgusting.

At least PSOGC was ALOT milder... but the game becomes much less interesting when everyone is awesome at everything, and has everything. You were forced to cheat to keep up with the rest of the people who were. But cheating is the bane of the universe. Although there were some communities who tried to play legit. Forget about it though, seriously. And I'm pissed off that we partly can only play the online portion online - becuase of that.

DurakkenX
Jun 4, 2006, 10:39 PM
I beat the game completely legit first ^.^ maxed stats, most of the better weapons, all the quests and missions, and lvl 100. I completely destroyed the game in 2 months and could do most of the maliscious stuff at the time without a cheat device.

There are some things that are reasonable when it comes to cheating...such as getting items that once ever released and you were never going to have the chance to get it. Such as the lavis cannon. it was only offered to the JPs before NA/EU could join inand they were not going to have an event exclusive of the same calibur (ie naming the durendal vs getting a lavis cannon is extremely unfair)

Other things however are not...such as anything that ruins the game for others indirectly or directly. Weapons kept to yourself is one thing...weapons given away is another.

The worse form of cheating PSO currently is MAGs...even nonhacked MAGs in my opinion are the worse thing in PSO as noobs demand a lvl 200 mag as soon as they start and they don't learn. i hope you aren't able to trade PM's in PSU cuz there will be nothing stopping people from raising them and trading them to lower level players to use to get XP extremely evil.

Ferali
Jun 4, 2006, 10:41 PM
Actually, I haven't even heard anything all about being able to trade PM's or collecting them... can you have more than one?

DurakkenX
Jun 4, 2006, 10:48 PM
nothing is known on that yet...but I hope you can get more but can't trade them

Alisha
Jun 4, 2006, 10:50 PM
i think its up to ST to create a situation where people dont feel the need to cheat. wich i think they failed at in pso. things got a little better in episode 2 but not good enough. if a player wanted a sealed J sword it wasnt really practical trying to get one the legit way. so far psu is looking better with item crafting and different elements on weapons. as for me i didnt cheat on pso episode 1 and 2 until i got corrupted.

Evan101
Jun 4, 2006, 10:52 PM
i will admit that the drop rates on some of the rares were just crazy, but still, cheating should never be a resort. i see cheating as a lazy way of getting what you want. hopefully the security will be very good in psu, and hopefully drop rates won't be insane.

SirenV
Jun 4, 2006, 11:17 PM
On 2006-06-04 20:50, Alisha wrote:
i think its up to ST to create a situation where people dont feel the need to cheat. wich i think they failed at in pso. things got a little better in episode 2 but not good enough. if a player wanted a sealed J sword it wasnt really practical trying to get one the legit way. so far psu is looking better with item crafting and different elements on weapons. as for me i didnt cheat on pso episode 1 and 2 until i got corrupted.

I agree. I didnt until my first character (On GC) was Corrupted as well - lvl. 109 (After she was, I took a small break, and when I came back cheating had taken PSO by storm and I pretty much had to) But yeah. They shouldnt make things so terribly unnatainable though.

Also, PM's don't raise your stats now I'm pretty sure, they do other things... unless you're talking about the humanoid form that accompanies you in battle. I'm rather inclined to think though - seeing as how it is also your house sitter and stuff, that you cannot trade PM's at all. I think ST noticed the mag problem - regardless of any creative vision of wanting to change it or not.

DurakkenX
Jun 4, 2006, 11:22 PM
it prolly doesn't alter you stats, but it does have it's own stats, same as a MAG from what i could tell and obviously has to to be useful as a partner on the field....so if a PM keeps it's stats and you can trade then you could have a lvl 100 NPC every where you go... plus i believe you can call in a NPC from the offline quests that would mean you'd have a 3 person team easilly able to clear missions without any sort of complications.

Ferali
Jun 4, 2006, 11:30 PM
Wait, that makes sense now. ST was saying that you can feed your PM differently to have different effects. That must mean there's a melee capable one as well as a technic capable one. I bet you'll be able to make your opposite for support. Which means HU might be able to have a walking heal tank. Fingers crossed?

_Tek_
Jun 4, 2006, 11:33 PM
for me, I really don't want to spend hours into the game rare searching, that's just not fun at all.
when the game becomes a job rather than fun. but I do like to see everything in the game at the same time.
that's why after awhile I'd like to get some dupes or something, jsut to see it all and get over it.

either way I'll still probably play the game for 2 years.

linkzone
Jun 4, 2006, 11:36 PM
I will never degrade my game by cheating, only Midgets and Canadians cheat. And Canadian Midgets are the worse.

DurakkenX
Jun 4, 2006, 11:42 PM
it's possable but i really don't like that idea as that then devalues forces for hunters. They could have 3 hunters and 3 PM's that can heal and just run like that.

Eifersucht
Jun 4, 2006, 11:42 PM
Cheating ruins the point of any game imo, unless that game happens to be Ninja Gaiden on Xbox. But other than that, no acceptions. Especially in online games.

Inazuma
Jun 4, 2006, 11:44 PM
On 2006-06-04 19:39, Kyuu wrote:

Edit: I've never heard of any popular game that incorporated "cheater servers." And anyways, PSU does have a cheater server: it's called offline mode. No one cares if you cheat there.

diablo II by blizzard had legit and cheater modes. they called em open (cheater ver) and closed (legit). sega did the same thing later w/ psobb. they were called english (cheater ver) and japanese (legit).

but even if they linked the regions and had a cheater or legit option, that wouldnt cut it. ppl would simply choose to cheat on the legit ver. thats b/c a big reason to cheat is to do harm to others.

besides good programming, the only way i can really see eng players stop cheating is if sega starts handing out "cheater fees". i think it was jonathanF that first mentioned this idea. sega would charge a fee to the cheaters credit card, in addition to bans. ppl mite stop cheating if there is an actual punishment. just like we have police and jails in the real world. sadly, if we didnt have em, all the bad ppl of the world would totally go nuts and fuck everyone.

HiKeRI
Jun 4, 2006, 11:47 PM
Cheating is fun and great but lame and boring takes away the taste of the game

DraginHikari
Jun 5, 2006, 12:04 AM
I haven't been involded in any cheats since I was offline only on GCN and I don't tend to go back to that. Even with PSO I enjoyed it alot more when I played ti the way it was suppose to be.

As far as saying that the English Verison of BB is a cheatfest is an unfair and biased opinion for that matter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DraginHikari on 2006-06-04 22:05 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Jun 5, 2006, 12:05 AM
Cheating is fun in the right way...i used to play hide and seek in the null space of the lobbies with a few friends.

_Tek_
Jun 5, 2006, 01:09 AM
I also have a compuslive disorder when it comes to rpg's and numbers/stats.

Kimil
Jun 5, 2006, 01:16 AM
Cheating is boring... and it distroys the fun in the game, why try if you have every weapon? and a lv 3600 mag?!?!?

Spellbinder
Jun 5, 2006, 01:32 AM
On 2006-06-04 21:44, Inazuma wrote:

diablo II by blizzard had legit and cheater modes. they called em open (cheater ver) and closed (legit). sega did the same thing later w/ psobb. they were called english (cheater ver) and japanese (legit).

I've never been more disgusted with a post in my life. >_>

Kyuu
Jun 5, 2006, 01:41 AM
On 2006-06-04 23:32, Spellbinder wrote:

I've never been more disgusted with a post in my life. >_>

The truth is never pretty. <.<

Spellbinder
Jun 5, 2006, 01:45 AM
While I admit cheating is more prevalent in the US version of PSO:BB, unless you can account for every Japanese player on BB never using a cheat, claiming the JP version of PSO:BB to be the "legit" version doesn't seem feasible to me, not to mention the "Japanese holier than thou" attitude I get from the post is somewhat of a turn off.

Kyuu
Jun 5, 2006, 01:50 AM
I'm pretty sure Inazuma wasn't being entirely serious. Although the fact remains that cheats and hacks are far less of a problem on the JP servers.

Spellbinder
Jun 5, 2006, 02:12 AM
Yes, I think we can all agree that cheating is less than what it is on the US versionf PSO:BB, but honestly, I've never had trouble with dupes and things for the most part are pretty peaceful now (at least to me). And while I am considering playing the JP version, with comments like these I snipped out from various posts in the past...

thank god! sega has really been doing a great job lately. i was so worried they would link the servers and curse psu to become like pre Blue Burst vers of pso.

yea it sux not being able to have everyone together. but at least i can play on a ver w/o any cheating. all of the eng players i was w/ during the beta really seemed like nice ppl tho. i hope a you guys consider joining me on jp ver.

ppl like broomop will pick eng ver over jp. and all of the idiots and cheaters will also pick eng over jp. its the sad truth but sega really doesnt want to risk their game that they put so much time and money into making. im not saying everyone on eng ver is bad, just that psu should work out exactly like blue burst did.

3500 hours across 2 years of playing jp BB and i NEVER ran into a single problem from a jp player. on the other hand, there were a few problem players on the jp ver, however none of them were japanese.

how can we have joined servers in the future? dont cheat, dont bother others, etc. if sega sees that the eng ver is well behaved, im sure they would considering linking the servers again in the future.

link the servers?

do you honestly expect sega to destroy their own game like that? sega knows better than anyone the pros and cons of linking pso servers.

oh no, if they link the regions it will ruin the game! i want psu to be just like pso bb jp ver is now.

entirely serious or not, they sadden me a little bit.

ANIMEniac
Jun 5, 2006, 02:14 AM
im not sure if this has been stated, but another thing that will make psu harder to hack is that it is now on a totaly different engine. 4 the past 6 years or so PSO has had the same mechanics and such, each game after it was basicaly an expansion pack. but PSU is new from the ground up. so if any hacks are fount they will take longer cause hackers are dealing with a new system.

now to answer the Q of this thread, no i will not cheat intentionaly. if there is a slight glitch that keeps me from taking damage if i stand close to a wall then i may do something like that but no hacks 4 me. in PSOX, the only way i have cheated was using the stackable item trick and i normaly do that after an FSOD, but i dont even do that to gain PDs

Spellbinder
Jun 5, 2006, 02:15 AM
That's a good point about a different engine, but cheating sucks anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif so none for me~

DarthTyranus
Jun 5, 2006, 03:38 AM
I no cheat. Whenever I play online RPG's, its to make friends and have fun. Share common interests in the game with other players. The only thing I ever not do is cheat. Plus I don't know how, which is great.

tank1
Jun 5, 2006, 04:34 AM
Ill never cheat full stop! Ill play alongside dupers as i frequently did in PSO aslong as they werent overpowered idiots who ruin the game running about with 4 god powers and a J-Sword >.<

Stepper
Jun 5, 2006, 05:09 AM
Cheating on an online game is absolutely pathetic, IMO. Anyone who does that should be embarassed that they can't figure out how to play a game correctly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Faile on 2006-06-05 03:09 ]</font>

Suiko
Jun 5, 2006, 06:15 AM
Here's hoping that cheating is a small, if almost non-existant problem this time around. o.o/

I'm actually a little more worried about RMTs since money means more this time. Thank goodness there's no Auction House of any type, though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

DraginHikari
Jun 5, 2006, 06:26 AM
Actually imo PSO: BB EN isn't as bad as everyone claims it is. It was bad for awhile with the block crashing and such but in full honsety I haven't heard alot of the sort in awhile. As far as the cheating is PSU it mostly depends on how the situation is handle... there's no possible way for a game to be completely exploit proof. If they patch decently and content with those cheating it's not as big as it is... the only problem is that kinda been the cycle in PSO in general. PSU who knows.

linkzone
Jun 5, 2006, 10:26 AM
All cheaters should be exicuted gangland style.

Inazuma
Jun 5, 2006, 10:35 AM
sorry for being so harsh and blunt (about cheating) w/ the truth but thats how i am. its just that i love pso/psu more than anything and it REALLY upsets me to see ppl harming others in it.

ive been playing pso since dc ver 1. and since then, the game was ruined by bad players over and over until blue burst came out. i was amazed by how clean it was. everyone was so kind and honest, i couldnt believe it.

and why was blue burst the only pso not ruined by its own players? you can call me a racist but the sad truth is, b/c they kept the eng ver seperate. there prob are a few bad players that are japanese, but i havent seen em.

honestly, id rather have the servers linked and play w/ everyone. i like playing w/ english players too. my first language is english. but reality just isnt as sweet as fantasy, unfortunately. even if the percentage of bad players is only 10%, thats still a huge amount of ppl. it really only takes 1 big duper to ruin the game.

well, like i say before, sonic team knows this stuff much better than we do. they have seen the difference between linked and seperated servers. psu will be seperated b/c ST feels they have no other choice.

im just as disgusted as you guys are. but im not afraid to speak the truth.

Spellbinder
Jun 5, 2006, 10:41 AM
The "truth" is, nobody here works for Sega, so we can't say that there being more cheaters playing on the EN version of the game is the reason for seperation.

OdinTyler
Jun 5, 2006, 10:44 AM
OK, here's my thoughts on cheating on PSU:

1. I've made a Zero Tolerance policy on cheating in my guild. It's just not happening.

2. If you want to cheat offline, that's your choice. Online is a completely different story & I agree with what alot has been said here (ruining the experience for everyone, etc).

3. ST has now had 6 years experience in what is correct & incorrect to do in terms of monitoring hacking. I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but, I will remain observant to see what transpires next.

4. If we're going to talk about past hacking, let's tell the truth here. Hacking started on the Japanese servers by the Japanese. They had the game first & consistently spread dupes & did other nonsense. Naturally, it's in human nature to copy other ppl & other ppl from other regions did the same thing. It's easy to assign blame, but, it did start at the source. Leaving out certain items for non JP players wasn't right on ST's part, but, hacking isn't exactly the answer to get it back. I would just like Sega to admit that it started with their home country & accept that ppl from ANY region can & sometimes do cheat. This is not Japanese bashing as I do have a great respect for Japan & it's traditions. However, I'd hope that mass cheating will not be one to continue, regardless of which region 'starts' it.

5. I speak from experience when I say that the DC versions were the worst when it came to cheating. Pretty much any bad thing a cheater could do (ESPECIALLY the bad things) was prevalent there & I've noticed the situation somewhat improved as newer versions came out. I've not played BB, but, I can't see how it could get worse than DC V1. At least I saw some progression & that makes me hopeful.

6. Now that PSU is server-side, hopefully some things will improve. EQOA is a game that proves that cheating can still exist server-side & if ST believes this isn't possible, they're just fooling themselves. It does seem they're taking things more seriously so it's possible they'll be more adamant. My feeling is taking precautions is nice, but, they should still be vigilant in watching the servers. Proactive admins are what will cut down cheating, not simply just using new programming techniques.

Guess that's it for now...

Keyeszx
Jun 5, 2006, 12:38 PM
i agree with this guy who loves typing i guess makin a long essay well wat if ST had cameras in the game watching our every move then they like appear out of now where and ban u for cussing

Dre_o
Jun 5, 2006, 02:04 PM
Cheat? No way in hell. Cause once one person does it, human nature makes the others go "OHHHHHH!!!!! YOU HAXORS!!!! I WNAT TAHT TWO!!!!!"

HiKeRI
Jun 5, 2006, 02:37 PM
Correct, as long as a game is up, there will ALWAYS be cheating even if it haves alot of experience on security.

Pheromone
Jun 5, 2006, 02:44 PM
I absolutely abhor the concept of cheating in an online game, so no no no. And hihi's everyone.

OdinTyler
Jun 5, 2006, 02:50 PM
TY Keyes, for the appreciation of some of my lengthy replies. LOL When I really get into a topic, I go with it. Also, having recently been downgraded to dialup (hopefully temp), I gotta make my posts worthwhile with the daily time I have to post. That being said, if ST were watching here, maybe they could see that not all Americans cheat & if it weren't for places like America & various European regions, PS wouldn't have the following it does. Unfortunately, there are other series that trounce PS in popularity. At least here in the US, it doesn't have to necessarily mimic Japan's tastes in RPGs.

Sev
Jun 5, 2006, 03:08 PM
There's no point in using cheats for the game.

Offline, sure, do whatever you want. Online, there's just no reason for it. People have said that after they feel they've done everything, then they'll want things. If you want things, then go find them. Just becasue you're done, doesn't mean that everyone else is. More then that, just because you're done, doesn't mean that ST is done providing new content for hte game. In short... You're not done. If you want everything in the game, then waste your time and get it.

I don't wanna see any duping at all, it wasn't exactly a hack, it was an exploit. Still, it was alot more fun when I could actually get the things I wanted through legit trade. That was actaully an element that I enjoyed, it was like being rewarded for suffering through the suckfect that was the caves when I got to trade things in.

As for the whole "Japanese Never Cheat" thing... Suck is not limited to a certain race or one region in the world. Think about it this way... Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't happening. The problem would more or less be, that no one on the US server conceals there wrongs, and moreso... Alot of people like to cause problems ya know? That's why people have this overall belief that our servers are ruined and the JP servers aren't.

Nisshoku
Jun 5, 2006, 03:15 PM
I've never cheated in the past with PSO, and I don't plan to now.

Keyeszx
Jun 5, 2006, 04:38 PM
i would cheat offline for story mode then play extra mode legit along with online legit

kassy
Jun 5, 2006, 05:57 PM
BB character data was server side, and virtually everything from past versions of PSO was possible, short of permanently affecting other players’ character(s).

ST really need to prove to me that they’ve learned something from the past 6 years with PSO.

I’m not asking for a 100% cheat free game, as I think we all know that‘s impossible, but if they don’t adequately deal with cheating/cheaters in PSU when they arise or don’t have the necessary monitoring methods in place I’ll simply be cancelling my subscription post haste. I’ve “put up” with cheating in every past incarnation of PSO, I‘m not willing to do go through it all again.

Just my opinion on the matter, offline and extra mode will suffice for me should PSU take a turn for the worst.

Keyeszx
Jun 5, 2006, 06:06 PM
Just my opinion on the matter, offline and extra mode will suffice for me should PSU take a turn for the worst.
im not sure bout u but i need friends or real live people to play wit i mean comps r like in boring way 'watch out he is attacking you'

peenk
Jun 5, 2006, 06:41 PM
Depends on how difficult it is to get certain items.
I dont wanna and dont have the time to spend 20000+ hours like some idiots playing one freeging game just to feel "proud."

roflcopter @ proud

I played Ep II for about 200 hours and thats so low only cause i got tired of people hacking. Even bought the GC just to play PSO Ep II. I have NO faith at all in ST this time around especially because of PSU released on PS2. Lets hope serverside saving works as good as it sounds. This time around tho, I will simply decide if the game is fun enough playing because ST changed a lot of stuff and I cannot get the feel for the game through all the vids/ss/reviews as its not as good as just playing the game.
I will say that if I had a way, I'd hack WoW and ruin it entirely. Anyone knows who was sending that anthrax around in the mail? ... Send some to Blizzard office plz.

Saner
Jun 5, 2006, 07:03 PM
duping is not a serious problem. lol I witnessed dupers in PSO and that didn't affect me at all. some people just take it too personally. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

we can just go about our business and earn our stuff the natural way. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

DurakkenX
Jun 5, 2006, 08:02 PM
Like I said...there are things that are morally accomplished through immorality...

like do you think it's right not to compensate players for servers to die and have their hard earned equipment vanish...hacking helps to cure this problem

it also cure unfairness ST implemented themselves.

I'm not saying it should be done by players...but more so it shouldn't happen if ST would do their job.

_Tek_
Jun 5, 2006, 08:22 PM
Of course I'll try to be legit the whole way.

From my experience in PSO, having so many characters (like 8+) made it too time consuming so I duped a bunch of stuff, but then that was also jsut as time consuming.

This time, I'll stick to 4 characters. That should be easier. And I'll probably try to read alot of guides and stuff so I don't waste my legit non-dupable stuff.

kassy
Jun 5, 2006, 08:46 PM
On 2006-06-05 16:06, Keyeszx wrote:

im not sure bout u but i need friends or real live people to play wit i mean comps r like in boring way 'watch out he is attacking you'

Ya, I mean if I do play PSU online if it'll be for the long haul, but if hacking arises and pisses me off I'll just cancel my account, complete the offline segment a few times and be done with the game.

On 2006-06-05 18:02, DurakkenX wrote:
it also cure unfairness ST implemented themselves.

I'm not saying it should be done by players...but more so it shouldn't happen if ST would do their job.

Ya, but there'll be cheaters regardless if ST re-imburse lost items or not.

I also for one really don’t like how cheaters try and justify their actions because they feel they “need” a particular uber rare, and that it’s “Sonic Team’s fault” for making the drop rate so insane. Rares should be just that, rare, a privilege, not an entitlement.

DurakkenX
Jun 5, 2006, 09:56 PM
Drop rate is one thing...making it impossable to get becuase of a one time event that only certain people who didn't do any more or less than anyone else other than live in a different country is another

Rihcky
Jun 6, 2006, 03:44 AM
So what if you can't get an item? It's just a videogame.

I'm not that bothered by people who cheat but don't bother anyone else with it, but I do think it's pretty pathetic.

voxie
Jun 6, 2006, 05:10 AM
LEGIT! Play it how Sonic Team intends it to be played.

I never actually used codes in PSO. Only ever accepted dupes and a few stacks, that's it.

Reystradamus
Jun 7, 2006, 10:26 AM
i wouldnt cheat...but if somebody was offering me money or a pm u best believe i will take it!

Kyuu
Jun 7, 2006, 10:41 AM
Accepting money or a PM or item that you know was obtained and/or modified thorugh illegitimate means is the same as hacking it yourself. As long as no one accepts illegitimate items/money/whatever, then the bad items stay with the hackers and are removed when they're removed and/or leave.

Sev
Jun 7, 2006, 11:43 AM
On 2006-06-05 19:56, DurakkenX wrote:
Drop rate is one thing...making it impossable to get becuase of a one time event that only certain people who didn't do any more or less than anyone else other than live in a different country is another

Just to be fair on this one... I don't know about Europe, but the US didn't have an online fee at first. The Japanese always had one, from the very start. Now... If you wanna count on "unfair" things, then you can count that as well. I'd rather have free online play then a Lavis Cannon hands down.

Also, if you don't wanna play a game 2000+ hours to feel "Proud" then don't do it. Just don't have the weapon... What does it matter? Just because you want it, doesn't mean that you can just go ahead and take it. You're not entitled to it from the start anyway. If it's "Time Consuming" or if you "Just don't feel like it" then don't do it, and let the people who do feel like it have their fun. In the end, it's just a weapon in a game... But at the same time, why should someone else do work for an item, and you just magically get that item too? This game is supposed to be "Balanced" unlike real life, where things like that happen all the time.

If I run into cheaters online, I'm just gonna make private games. It's really not that hard to find people who are playing legitly... And in the beginning of a game, it's really not hard to do it at all. I lost alot of characters over GC and DC, I never felt that I need to go out and buy an Action Replay though. I just leveled back up if I felt like it, and if I didn't feel like it I wouldn't. Plus, you have friends to help out with things like that. Unless of course... You don't have any friends. Then it just sucks to be you.

There's no reason to cheat in a game when you think about it. It's only a desire, it's not something that's needed or warranted. Two wrongs don't make a right afterall.

On 2006-06-07 08:41, Kyuu wrote:
Accepting money or a PM or item that you know was obtained and/or modified thorugh illegitimate means is the same as hacking it yourself. As long as no one accepts illegitimate items/money/whatever, then the bad items stay with the hackers and are removed when they're removed and/or leave.

The problem here is knowing. On PSO DC Version 1. I had about... 50 level 200 Kabanda Mags. Simply because I got bored and leveled up multiple mags at a time. I don't know why they were all Kabanda's though... I'd say bad luck on my part.

On 2006-06-05 17:03, Saner wrote:
duping is not a serious problem. lol I witnessed dupers in PSO and that didn't affect me at all. some people just take it too personally. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

we can just go about our business and earn our stuff the natural way. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

See, this isn't entirely true. While duping isn't affecting you directly just by seeing it... It makes it harder to play the game sometimes. If you have something that you want, you'd normally be able to trade for it. With duping as rampant as it was... After awhile, trading on the GC version was impossible. Photon Drops maybe... And I found a way to swindle some of the things I wanted... The rest though, was almost impossible. If you wanted something and you couldn't find it, no one wanted to trade you because they already had what you wanted to trade them somehow. You wouldn't know whether it was because of duping or not, but you knew that because some many of the item was circulating... You were getting a bit screwed out of your trade because of it. Also, it's not like you could sell rare items on the GC version. You'd get all of 10 meseta out of that...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sev on 2006-06-07 09:52 ]</font>