PDA

View Full Version : mercs

Keyeszx
Jun 4, 2006, 08:38 PM
ne1 gonna be a mercanary if so im thinkin of makin a group for mercs

Kimil
Jun 4, 2006, 09:31 PM
I don't think that kind of thing would work in a Phantasy Star game...

Kyuu
Jun 4, 2006, 09:33 PM
I think he means like a mercenary, someone who hires out his/her martial services for a fee.

justinbrady
Jun 4, 2006, 09:33 PM
by mercs you mean someone who focuse's on controlling the market/making money?

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 4, 2006, 09:41 PM
Ya, but areas are so short that it really wouldn't work. A well leveled party could clear an area in 5-10 minutes.

Ferali
Jun 4, 2006, 09:47 PM
The phantasy probably shouldn't be taken too literally... like over the top literally. My meseta is leaning towards a no, this merc concept won't take.

And if it won't take and you're runnin around askin' people to hire your services, they might be a little confused.

As to what services you're offering.

Keyeszx
Jun 4, 2006, 10:38 PM
lol thats funny wat services ur nasty
well neway it would be helpful for
someone who isn't leveled up enough
for one area or noobs

Numnuttz
Jun 4, 2006, 10:59 PM
yup i can see if now power leveling for a certain amount of mesta

Keyeszx
Jun 4, 2006, 11:13 PM
yup i can see if now
um don't you mean it now

Ether
Jun 4, 2006, 11:15 PM
Wow, you're correcting other people's spelling now? That's irony for ya

Ferali
Jun 4, 2006, 11:25 PM
Thank you Ether for bringing that up. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills or something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ferali on 2006-06-04 21:27 ]</font>

HiKeRI
Jun 4, 2006, 11:30 PM
There are always n00bs that are lazy to get stuff etc so mercenary could light this up, this will lower noobs from begging and suchs

Ferali
Jun 4, 2006, 11:32 PM
If you think about it, if you're that strong anyways, why would you depend on someone "lazy" or "weaker" for your income? That's kinda jaded.

Keyeszx
Jun 4, 2006, 11:33 PM
ya well im sorry i just felt like pestering someone on spelling like my teacher did to me how o'll miss her jk

AzureBlaze
Jun 4, 2006, 11:37 PM
You'd have to be really really exceptional, and probably a FO.
The problem with noobs is, they don't have enough money, and aren't allowed into the stronger missions so if you were to take a cut of their mission reward, it'd still be pennies because to guard properly (whether fo'ing or tanking) you need to be of a signifigant level. And if you were, you'd be capeable of getting more money just running yourself on higher lvl areas.

The idea of being a mercenary is a popular one, though. I can remember VERY few incidents where there was such an exceptional FO that the team I was on did amazing things.
Once was right after I died (damm power out erased my lvl 138 guy) and I was down around 103, in the caves with a team of like 115 and 108 HU/RA but our fo was 120 FOnewearl and we did caves to falz without more than like 4 deaths (megid).

I'm quite curious to see how it'll play out once the game comes out.

Ferali
Jun 4, 2006, 11:43 PM
People want to be mercs out of the fantasy of it, and not out of the actual functionality of it (there isn't any in PSO).

HiKeRI
Jun 4, 2006, 11:52 PM
Extra cash always works for potions and suchs, also to kill time since thats my main reason

Keyeszx
Jun 5, 2006, 10:25 AM
i know like when im bored i just become a merc on PSO but i closed my account to be here practilly 24/7

TheGreyCliche
Jun 5, 2006, 01:18 PM
you could be a mercenary in the sense that people are always looking for specific items... if they pay you a fee, you can go out and find it for them.

but other than that i'm not sure it would work.

Retributor
Jun 5, 2006, 03:25 PM
A mercenary in PSU would be a double-edged sword. I believe the stages will be much larger than that of Forest or Caves...atleast I hope so. A mercenary is basically a FO charging people to heal, ridiculous. I believe it will work though, as long as people need help. Noobs, and experienced players alike will probably buy into it once or twice just for kicks and giggles. Good idea, wrong game.

Retributor
Jun 5, 2006, 03:27 PM
In my opinion, you should listen to Grey, it would work a lot more so than anything else. Make a website, post a list of items you have, and can get, and then ask people what they want. If they do, then arrange a spot to meet them, costs and stuff like that. Or just go balls out and find it regardless.

Keyeszx
Jun 5, 2006, 04:33 PM
k but y not edit ur old post aw y do i even care i want this game
'goes on killing spree'

RoboKy
Jun 5, 2006, 04:40 PM
Yeah it can probably happen since this game has missions and quests and stuff. Like in Guild Wars they had mercinaries, but they just called themselves runners (they did more than run places though). Most people with more than one character could afford it and do it because they don't want to repeat stuff they've done. But is this game going to have a weapon's market that requires grinding for money that much that people will have to become mercinaries? Yeah, probably I guess. I want flashy clothes and weaponsss!

Keyeszx
Jun 5, 2006, 04:52 PM
wat kind of mercanary name would u all use

RoboKy
Jun 5, 2006, 04:58 PM
My in game name of course. But if you've played guild wars, remember that mercinary that opened a school (using a guild) to teach running? Lady blue steel's running academy, they overpriced town.

Keyeszx
Jun 5, 2006, 05:56 PM
i would make a special character focused as a merc id name him Vash, Knives, Wolfwood, or RedSteel if i make a cast merc for the last name the other names would be for a beast or human character