PDA

View Full Version : psu and the frozen state

Alisha
Jun 4, 2006, 10:25 PM
first look at this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKg2WqL0Cvs&search=psu

is it possible to break out of a frozen state? the monsters seem to stay frozen a lot longer than she did

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2006-06-04 20:28 ]</font>

Ferali
Jun 4, 2006, 10:31 PM
No, control wiggle doesn't work; I think it was demonstrated that it couldn't in one of Brightstar's vids (?). The monster probably stayed frozen longer because of game mechanics (players don't want to experience long times of not being able to control their character), or more likely is resistance differences.

Alisha
Jun 4, 2006, 10:37 PM
well i also saw her move around in circles for a moment after the ice broke.

Ferali
Jun 4, 2006, 10:44 PM
Maybe it's a habit? I noticed it too, but I'm positive someone in one of the videos in the Movie Thread mentioned "a shame controller jiggle dont work to break ice". Can anyone remember the reference? I've seen so many of those damn vids...

EDIT:
http://www.phantasystarmonthly.com/psuvids/mizuraki.avi

at 9:48... man, I'm so good...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ferali on 2006-06-04 20:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ferali on 2006-06-04 20:53 ]</font>

AzureBlaze
Jun 5, 2006, 12:05 AM
Man they better re-instate ice wiggle...
At least on the next version of psu when they add in battle mode again. That was damm essential to BA! I also think ice wiggle added another skill element to it. You had to be prepared to do it, or face the sinow-filled consequences which were usually 'death'.

Without it, cheap deaths could become common! I mean, surrounded by a mob, you can't get knocked down, you're basically doomed! With that falz attack ice=death, because the other attacks came so fast. But if you're frozen for 4 seconds, it wouldn't matter if you couldn't get out, you'd be dead long before anyway.

Ferali
Jun 5, 2006, 12:11 AM
It makes resistance more of a factor.

DurakkenX
Jun 5, 2006, 12:13 AM
It could be a random # + resistence. If you watch there are two enemies that get frozen that are exact and they unfreeze at nearly the same time even though there is a larger difference of when they were frozen

Ferali
Jun 5, 2006, 12:20 AM
That's because the mob that was frozen second died first.

Nika
Jun 5, 2006, 01:32 AM
PSU is very great game. Unfortunately, most online player don't know what it is. Let's try to promote it.

Kyuu
Jun 5, 2006, 01:39 AM
I dunno anything about the jiggling, since I didn't play the beta. However, that's the first time I've noticed that level music. And I love it. ><

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-06-04 23:39 ]</font>