PDA

View Full Version : The Good Ole Days

Retributor
Jun 5, 2006, 03:32 AM
Back when PSO Episode 1 & 2 came out for the gamecube it was good times. Me and my friend would spend hours typing thing it would take maybe 10 minutes to say. All the while killing hundreds of DelSabers and monsters. Then the cheaters and hackers came along and wrecked the game. It got way out of hand to the point I didnt want to play anymore. I hope this game brings the cheaters down and makes it possible to be good, at any level. Hopefully im not the only one who got pissed about the cheating. It changed the game, ruined the experience and most of all annoyed me to death. Just like the people who would sit there and send out messages all day. Racist, sexist crap that got in the way of a good time. Whats your opinion on this?

DarthTyranus
Jun 5, 2006, 03:35 AM
I quite agree, hackers, dupes and racist players ruined PSO forever. I reckon PSU will have higher forms of punishment to bad players, me thinks.

Retributor
Jun 5, 2006, 03:39 AM
Thank you. And I reckon you are right about punishment.

DarthTyranus
Jun 5, 2006, 03:54 AM
You're very welcome, I'm more happy playing with players want to play the game, not ruin it.

tank1
Jun 5, 2006, 04:10 AM
I dont wanna see another legit V.S duper fight of the century thread here lol but i agree when i first started on the GC things were going great until the cheaters and dupers turned up. Although not all the duper's where evil i had a quite a few friends who were dupers who wouldnt pull a J-Sword every two secs and whore all the xp and they were pretty nice guys.

linkzone
Jun 5, 2006, 04:38 AM
I never got to play online with PSO, but in a way it doesnt bother me cause I keep hearing how bad cheaters made it. Im just glad to have had an awsome time playing offline with my buddies.

DraginHikari
Jun 5, 2006, 06:29 AM
I'm just going to post what I said in a previous thread http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2006-06-05 04:26, DraginHikari wrote:
As far as the cheating is PSU it mostly depends on how the situation is handle... there's no possible way for a game to be completely exploit proof. If they patch decently and content with those cheating it's not as big as it is... the only problem is that kinda been the cycle in PSO in general. PSU who knows.

Keyeszx
Jun 5, 2006, 12:00 PM
well people will always find a way to cheat but online may not have cheaters if ST stays on top of it

Dre_o
Jun 5, 2006, 12:57 PM
Server side saving is your friend against cheating.

Not to mention Game Guard.

And the fact that this is going to be ST's pride and joy.

I think we, the legitimate players, are at least moderately safe.

Retributor
Jun 5, 2006, 01:53 PM
Yeah im not looking to start the whole duper vs. legit fight. I had plenty of friends that duped but nothing severe...mostly, they would dupe essential items, that didnt bother me. I just missed playing with my friends, because everyone else could jump to level 200 without really trying with Code Breaker.

Retributor
Jun 5, 2006, 02:00 PM
Oh, by the way, do you think they will bring back the music disks? Volume 6 was the best. Just break it out in the middle of a game, or the wedding song one...just to annoy my friends.

justinbrady
Jun 5, 2006, 02:19 PM
cheaters annoy me way more then racist/sexist people. all though i am not one and dont enjoy their remarks...you can ignore them. cheaters are unavoidable. i hope sonic team punsishes both.

Keyeszx
Jun 5, 2006, 04:41 PM
i mean how can u be racist though for all u know the guy saying stuff bout black guys could be black themselves and they could be sayin that stuff to a white guy who chose a dark skin tone
they should be makin fun of ears or somethin well i used tto chet but offline only but i got bored

Delicios
Jun 5, 2006, 04:44 PM
I remember hackers got back PSO:BB's security for a bit and it used game guard.

I would love for there to be a completely legit game in the PS series, but unfortunately, ST has a pretty bad track record with security. I hope it's better for PSU, but I'm not really expecting it, sadly.

Retributor
Jun 5, 2006, 05:33 PM
Racist, in the sense that some people, mainly those under the age of 13...were reading things saying the n word, and either way it got annoying. Yeah a legit game would be much much better.

Kimil
Jun 6, 2006, 12:57 AM
The game better fucking be non-hackable, God Damn.
Isn't FFXI and WoW legit? Why doesn't ST just do what they do?

Ferali
Jun 6, 2006, 01:02 AM
FFXI has terrible problems with gold farmers. WoW has gold farmers as well as speed hacks/griefers. PSO had hackers.

PSU will be different though. GameGuard + server-side character storage = gg. It'll happen yes. But only by the most hardcore and persistant. And even then they'll probably be caught.

Alisha
Jun 6, 2006, 01:18 AM
On 2006-06-05 01:35, DarthTyranus wrote:
I quite agree, hackers, dupes and racist players ruined PSO forever. I reckon PSU will have higher forms of punishment to bad players, me thinks.

you fail what really ruined pso was file corruption the things you listed were avoidable.

Retributor
Jun 6, 2006, 02:15 AM
Thats a good point there Alisha. I forgot about that. I can remember having trouble with that one too. Or the blue screen of death...that one sucked too.

_Tek_
Jun 6, 2006, 03:03 AM
PSO was best when people didn't talk about legits vs dupes.

DarthTyranus
Jun 6, 2006, 04:22 AM
Oh yeah, those bad screen hacks were a pain too. Oh, and when you got NOL'ed as well.

Nai_Calus
Jun 6, 2006, 04:36 AM
On 2006-06-05 10:57, Dre_o wrote:

PSOBBJP had exploits before the Open Beta ended.

Blahblah PSOBBJP blahblahblah.

Considering how much pride and joy they took in it at E3, this statement is hilarious.

And I'm Alis Landale.

RFB
Jun 6, 2006, 07:30 AM
On 2006-06-06 02:36, Ian-KunX wrote:

Jesus, I think I still have some screenshots in my HDD of you-know-who screwing around the BB lobby, walking trough walls with GM skin...
Yes, I do!

Considering how much pride and joy they took in it at E3, this statement is hilarious.

Agreed, looks like their real pride and joy will be the new Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Wild Fire.

And I'm Alis Landale.

Orly? zomg gib autograph plx!!

CherryLunar
Jun 6, 2006, 08:26 AM
On 2006-06-06 02:36, Ian-KunX wrote:

And I'm Alis Landale.

Don't be so negative. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif BB could've been their learning tool in preparation for PSU.

OdinTyler
Jun 6, 2006, 10:49 AM
We can endlessly debate about legit vs hacks, but, 2 things must be accepted (as they are fact):

1. Cheating will always exist. Some just don't have the self control to not hack. It's up to admins to watch carefully & keep it from going insane & also, players should be responsible & report anything they see that might ruin the game for all. How many do this, remains to be seen.

2. Frozen Screen of Death (FSOD) & Black Screen of Death (BSOD) are also things that will never truly go away. They're unfortunate connection issues that are present on any & all online games. How often it happpens depends again on a good connection between the player at home & the servers that player connects to. Some can be repaired as it may just be a patch issue. The good thing about server side saving is that if this happens to you, you shouldn't have to worry about losing your character or items, as programming should've been put into place to prevent it.

...and I am Odin Tyler, guardian of Alis Landale, Myau the Musk Cat, & Noah The Esper AKA The Reverent Lutz.

Kers
Jun 6, 2006, 11:33 AM
It's super easy to report cheaters on XBox360 ^.^

Uri
Jun 6, 2006, 12:40 PM
The good ol' days for me are PSO on the DC. I remember having a blast playing the game until hackers started going at it. It was still fun but hacked weapons destroyed the game's balance and began to make it boring.

That's why I'll go legit only in PSU. Legit gaming is the only way to have fun and to keep having fun. Hacking just ruins everything.

Retributor
Jun 6, 2006, 01:35 PM
Yeah and Im not even trying to start a legit vs. hacker/cheater fight, im just saying back when I played the game was amazing, and then my friends left because of all the problems. Im hoping that if ST delivers as they promise, then hell we have an awesome game on our hands, if they dont then I guess we all get to enjoy another round of legit clans vs. everyone else. I dont care what anyone else does im just excited I get to be back and playing again, and thats what it was about for me. The Good Ole Days!