PDA

View Full Version : PSU, PuG's

Jozon
Jun 5, 2006, 07:08 AM
Pickup groups (PuGs), how effective are they, since if you die you lose out on xp/gold(i think) Were they effective, or was it a game of chance, that you do or don't know if you get a good group and people don't die repeatedly.

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 5, 2006, 08:03 AM
PuGs really shouldn't be a problem. There are limitations that prevent a lvl 1 character from jumping to the end of the game's content. As long as you have a decent Force to heal, everything should be fine, and if a player is really aggrivating you, i believe you can kick them from the team now.

Pheromone
Jun 5, 2006, 02:47 PM
Even though the looting system is slightly better than in PSO, from what I read, there is no need or greed system like in WoW so one could get a drop that person actually needed. If I am mistaken and there is a way to have "FO drops" go to FOs etc. that would be cool. Anyway... be mindful of ninjas in PuGs... you have a maximum of 2 more ninjas to possibly compete with ~~.

justinbrady
Jun 5, 2006, 02:53 PM
from my exp in PSOBB and WoW...PUG's werent a problem. but ya ninjas pose the main problem but the american PSU community isnt gonna be nearly as big as wow...and ninjas still got flagged.

Sev
Jun 5, 2006, 03:16 PM
The Need or Greed system for WoW wasn't completely fair when you think about it... You go on a run and get absolutely nothing for yourself since there were other classes that needed it. And that doesn't ensure that they'll decide to do another run just for you... With the random loot system everyone can see what you picked up. If they need it, they can bargain for it. That's all.

That's the most fair system... Although it won't always seem that way.

DizzyDi
Jun 5, 2006, 04:32 PM
On 2006-06-05 12:47, Pheromone wrote:
Even though the looting system is slightly better than in PSO, from what I read, there is no need or greed system like in WoW so one could get a drop that person actually needed. If I am mistaken and there is a way to have "FO drops" go to FOs etc. that would be cool. Anyway... be mindful of ninjas in PuGs... you have a maximum of 2 more ninjas to possibly compete with ~~.

I never heard of a system that allows drops to go to thier respective class that needs 'em.
I think the drop system is similar to FFXI, if I'm not mistaken.
Random drops go to random people, and the group can cast lots on a drop if everyone wants it, and whoever has the highest lot gets it.

Delicios
Jun 5, 2006, 04:38 PM
Anything is better than the broken thing that is the loot system in PSO.

The "whoever can get there the fastest" system that is.

Its_a_name
Jun 5, 2006, 11:20 PM
Red boxes turned everyone into world class sprinters in PSO.

-Crokar-
Jun 5, 2006, 11:26 PM
On 2006-06-05 21:20, Its_a_name wrote:
Red boxes turned everyone into world class sprinters in PSO.

for most people, yes. i remember playing ttf in the ruins the guy saw a red box stopped attacking and ran after the rare and got killed by a chaos bringer i think thats the ult form. then som,e other guy simply walked over to it and picked it up after the creatures were dead. it was the funniest thing i ever witnessed. i dont know what the item was but i didnt really care.

Ferali
Jun 6, 2006, 12:02 AM
I won't be turning off random loot. It stays. And FYI, I think I read somewhere (that interview from awhile back?) that the loot is distributed based on star value; everyone gets a similar total of star values.

Kers
Jun 6, 2006, 12:19 AM
Woot! I'd like to see that star value loot system come into play. The damn hunters always get to the items before the force lol. I had to open up boxes during combat so they wouldn't get all the items lol.

But still, some PuGs are ugly no matter how you look at 'em.

http://c.myspace.com/Groups/00003/31/13/3953113_m.jpg

Ferali
Jun 6, 2006, 12:28 AM
There's really no fair way other than that. I don't know why you'd be having so many PUGs. That's what the partner cards are for. In the beginning, if you don't have friends that play, then you can't avoid it. But then you start to meet people who know what they're doing and if they respect you as a good player, you hook up with them for future groups. That's what I'd do.

Kers
Jun 6, 2006, 12:44 AM
It's not just PuGs, I just like that picture lol. Drops like Power or Luck Material are shared for Hunters and Rangers. Among my friends they all need 'em and eventually max out, so whoever picks it up first wins lol. It would be nice to have an option to negate that, so they would do their jobs instead of looking for drops.

I wonder if you could drop the items you win to keep your star value low, if you were waiting for a rare, high star item.

Ferali
Jun 6, 2006, 12:47 AM
The interview said that as well as the star-value system, the team will get a message informing the party as to what member got what item as well as it's star value. Therefore, after the mission, if a FO were to have gotten a POW mat that someone wanted, maybe trade for it for an equally valued item also obtained by the bidder. Who knows. I think the star system is a good idea though. I hope I actually read that from the ST interview.