PDA

View Full Version : What online service plan will you choose? every month, 1 y

Saner
Jun 5, 2006, 07:44 PM
well I dunno but maybe they will offer an option to pay a year's worth of PSU right up front. I like it that way than having to get a notice every month about the fee whatever. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

how about you? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

TheGreyCliche
Jun 5, 2006, 07:49 PM
i prefer the month to month, if i go out of town for a while or know i am going to be busy with work/school for a while, i don't want to get charged for that time. but that's just me.

Stray_Mag
Jun 5, 2006, 07:51 PM
Hopefully I'll be able to pay only for the months I play. I know there will ba a good deal of times when I'll be booked solid and unable to play. Assuming it comes out by the end of the year however, I'd be fine with paying for 2-6 months.

Saner
Jun 5, 2006, 07:58 PM
ya that's true. one shouldn't overspend if they don't think they will be able to take advantage of the months they pay for.

let's see. if the fee is 12 bucks, then 12 x 12 = almost $144.

I say almost because if it's true you pay about 12 for the first month and 10 every month after that. that's quite a bit of money saved left over.

so lets see 10 x 11 = 110 + 12 = $130 for a year subcscription.

buy ya they haven't accounced how the U.S. fee costs and works so ya those are rough estimates. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Stray_Mag
Jun 5, 2006, 08:12 PM
Hmm, now I understand these numbers are estimates and are subject to change, but the wonderful crew here at PSOW has provided in the PSU-FAQs info about the monthly fees. $10.53 for the first month and... do my eyes deceive me?!? $8.78 for each following month?!?! Finally! A comprehensive pay-to-play system that offers and incentive to continue playing! But provided I'm an on and of player (hence on and off payer) will I too receive the benefits of a reduced fee? Or is there the Catch-22 of paying consecutive months regardless of play acivity? ; ; my brain hurts... Anywho, If Sega decides to be extra generous, maybe those loyal to PSU for several years will continue to have diminishing fees, and before you know it, we'll be playing for free! What's next, they recruit us as Admins and GameMasters?

*snaps out of it*

Saner
Jun 5, 2006, 08:18 PM
On 2006-06-05 18:12, Stray_Mag wrote:
Hmm, now I understand these numbers are estimates and are subject to change, but the wonderful crew here at PSOW has provided in the PSU-FAQs info about the monthly fees. $10.53 for the first month and... do my eyes deceive me?!? $8.78 for each following month?!?! Finally! A comprehensive pay-to-play system that offers and incentive to continue playing! But provided I'm an on and of player (hence on and off payer) will I too receive the benefits of a reduced fee? Or is there the Catch-22 of paying consecutive months regardless of play acivity? ; ; my brain hurts... Anywho, If Sega decides to be extra generous, maybe those loyal to PSU for several years will continue to have diminishing fees, and before you know it, we'll be playing for free! What's next, they recruit us as Admins and GameMasters?

*snaps out of it*

LOL http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I think it's like the telephone bill. it doesn't matter if you use it or not, you still have to pay for it in full.

but ya thanks for the info, if their resources are true, then:

$9 x 11m = 99 + $11 = $110 for a year.

(ya I rounded them up) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Stray_Mag
Jun 5, 2006, 08:29 PM
Sure is a lot more affordable than FFXI's $155.40 ($12.95 x 12) per year. And thats only with one character! (+$1/mo. per character). I'm glad I retired, because this year has been tough on my sisters wallet:

Main character- $155.40 a year

2 mules- $24.00 a year

Treasures of Aht Urghan Expansion pack- $39.99

Flaunting a waaayyyy better MMO than her in a few months- Priceless!

Saner
Jun 5, 2006, 08:36 PM
ya. I retired from FF11 before Treasures and I sure wasn't going to be suckered into getting that expansion or even Promathia. lol! the new jobs look dumb anyway.

even DC PSO was more fun than FF11, and I never liked WoW's flavor and style.

sooo ya. PSU! YAAAAA!! WOOO! *throws confetti* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

vitius137
Jun 5, 2006, 09:35 PM
if they offer a discount for a full year subscription then ill definately go for that.

_Tek_
Jun 6, 2006, 12:39 AM
Usually paying the full year is cheaper than paying the 12 months individually.

Saner
Jun 6, 2006, 03:59 AM
is that so?

I forgot what DC PSO fee options were like, back then I pretty much payed it monthly.

RFB
Jun 6, 2006, 04:08 AM
I'll go month by month.

Sure, it's probably going to be more expensive than paying for a bunch of months, but I like having the choice to cancel anytime I want, knowing I wont be paying for half another year while not really playing the game. You never know.

DarthTyranus
Jun 6, 2006, 04:19 AM
That's a really tough question there, once I figure out how much they cost in AUS dosh, I'll answer.

ANIMEniac
Jun 6, 2006, 05:03 AM
i no if there are any pay in bulk plans ill most likelt be on it b/c 1 it will be cheaper, and 2 i guess that the longest that i woulednt be playing it at 1 time would be 2 weeks b/c of college work and such. i wonder if we will be forced to use credit cards tho cause if so then ill have to pay 4 it throug my parents -_-

RFB
Jun 6, 2006, 07:24 AM
You better start asking your parents to let you use their credit card...

linkzone
Jun 6, 2006, 07:52 AM
Life. Suscribe for life, yes... sweet. yes.

Neural_Nebula
Jun 6, 2006, 08:08 AM
Hmm... tough call, from what I can gather looking into my near future. I'm leaning towards a full year subscription though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

OdinTyler
Jun 6, 2006, 08:31 AM
Whenever I paid for online gaming, it was always month to month. Having seen what was done on EQOA (the larger the plan, the larger the discount), I'm hoping ST will do something similar & this time around, I may take advantage of it. If you sign up for multiple months or even a year at a time, you should be given a discount. It's motivation to want to pay for such a time (& have your chars covered) & also, you don't have to worry about consistently paying. Right now I don't have the cash to pay out for a year straight, tho I'm hoping by the time the game is out, I can do so. Then, I can play when I can & be covered for a good long while without worry. That's the plan anyway. I'll wait to see what Sega says about payment plans first.

Rihcky
Jun 6, 2006, 08:53 AM
I'll take the year subscription if available. Cause I'm a lazy ****

Saner
Jun 7, 2006, 02:41 AM
lol but um I wonder what we link to. is Sega Net Japan only or is there another Sega division that handles U.S. servers and stuff?

OdinTyler
Jun 7, 2006, 11:14 AM
Well, the versions will be separate, so most likely there'd be a US service set up for us & a European site set up for Europe. It would be nice to get word of what exactly that is so we know what to expect.