PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I'm abandoning my friends

TheOneHero
Jun 5, 2006, 10:40 PM
Really, I do.

I don't talk to many of them anymore; not because I'm avoiding them, or don't want to talk to them. But because I'm not making time for them I guess.

I feel terrible because for some of them, I don't even remember who they are. All I'll know is this person went to psow, or that person was/is dating that guy whom is a psow fiction writer.

Sometimes, I'll sign on AIM, and get only a few minutes to talk to a friend before I have to go and take care of something; and I feel even worse when I know that particular friend is going through hard things and really needs someone to talk to.

It seems like over the passed few months, people I would always talk to, or always play online games with, rant or listen to them rant, offer advice back and forth and work things out...it all seems to have stopped now.

I honestly feel like I've failed those close to me, and that is my greatest fear come true.

Yes, I know and understand that life goes on, things come up and things change. I've lived it my entire life. But still, I feel horrible.

Like, I should be doing more for my friends...

I can't truly express how I feel, I just had to get this out. And to my friends here, I am truly sorry that I haven't talked to you in a long while.

PJ
Jun 5, 2006, 10:44 PM
You read my Xanga, so you know, very much the same. So I'll just say to you what you said to me.

Anyways, on topic. Don't sweat it PJToH, it'll all work out. ^_^

CupOfCoffee
Jun 5, 2006, 10:50 PM
Sounds like it might be letter writing time. I know exactly what you're feeling, and it is an awful one. Fearing that you've done wrong by those who deserve it the least is nothing to take lightly, even when it's "just internet friends." I say you let all the people you don't think you've been able to pay enough attention to know what's going on, kinda like what you posted here. If I got a letter like that from a friend I hadn't seen for a while, it would be... well, a case of instant forgiveness/understanding, to say the least.

Zelutos
Jun 6, 2006, 02:52 AM
Haha~it's good to know that you still remember me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shadowpawn
Jun 6, 2006, 06:04 AM
Sometimes people move on, it's nothing to feel bad for. People grow apart, that's life.

InfinityXXX
Jun 6, 2006, 09:39 AM
Like everybody else is saying. People just grow apart especially when your getting older and things are changing drastically in your life.(your in High School right?). Personally, Its like every year in high school, my associates are always changing and I hear nothing else from my old associates.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2006-06-06 07:40 ]</font>

Charmander02
Jun 6, 2006, 03:37 PM
Make more time for your friends...

But remember that you can't please everyone.