PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard for 360?

Retributor
Jun 6, 2006, 04:05 AM
This is probably already a thread but will they have USB keyboard support for the 360 version, would be nice to. Anyone know? Thanks!

Tycho
Jun 6, 2006, 11:58 AM
If the keyboard for the PS2/PC version is USB.. why wouldn't that work on the 360 as well?

Delicios
Jun 6, 2006, 12:35 PM
From what I've read Xbox Live is getting an update, and one of the patches is "Complete USB Keyboard Support"

A2K
Jun 6, 2006, 12:55 PM
"It should" is the best I can tell you without any official news about what features are going in it.

Kayai
Jun 6, 2006, 02:46 PM
if it doesnt thatd suck for all you 360 people

StarWind09
Jun 6, 2006, 04:03 PM
yeah, I would imagine they have something you can do with the usb port to allow 360 users to use keyboards.
I'm not sure how the voice chat was on PSOX but if its anything like Halo2 I pray they don't have it because I will be muting a lot of people.

Saner
Jun 6, 2006, 04:26 PM
My Powerboard I used for PS2 since FF11 and Resident Evil Outbreak games, still works for Xbox360.

it is a USB keyboard so it definitely works with all USB ports.

hypersaxon
Jun 6, 2006, 05:00 PM
Any USB keyboard will work on Xbox 360 I think. I'm using a keyboard connected to a USB converter, and even that works lol

ChemicalO
Jun 6, 2006, 07:26 PM
do you guys think voice chat is not gonna be all that? Is that why you want the keyboard, or do you just prefer it. I like voice chat! and will use it on my 360.

Numnuttz
Jun 6, 2006, 07:35 PM
sometimes you just need a keyboard for games that are online. at times ppl dont pay attention to what you say.

Retributor
Jun 6, 2006, 07:44 PM
I plan to use voice chat a lot, but I know the keyboard opens doors to even more of an experience.

Blitzkommando
Jun 6, 2006, 08:39 PM
On 2006-06-06 17:35, Numnuttz wrote:
sometimes you just need a keyboard for games that are online. at times ppl dont pay attention to what you say.

I prefer text because it allows you to 'force' the person on your team to notice you. It also seems less annoying not to mention far less of a bandwidth hog than voice chat. Again, it is preferences but for me it is far less annoying to 'see' what they are saying rather than hearing some of what they say. (They being the annoying people that tend to frequent any online game)

Kers
Jun 6, 2006, 10:22 PM
The meaning of a typed sentence can be misunderstood much easier than a few well put spoken words. But for PSU, its mostly going to be used for idle chat.

For fast paced games without voice chat, like Counter-Strike, people would only type abbreviated site locations and use audio micros. When voice chat came out, the good teams would only use it to alert their teammates of quick, abnormal things they wouldn't notice, developing strats, or chatting while whoopin some noobs. This is why my groups have used voice chat for games like CT Source, EQ 1 & 2, GuildWars, blah blah...so I'm shure PC PSU players are going to find somthing like Ventrillo/TeamSpeak, whatever.

But yeah, even with the voice chat, some details will be better said typed so they can be easily seen, like little side notes for when your force gets carried away blowin shyt up and not healing.

The controller is more handy for micros than a keyboard. If you're really used to using a keyboard for playing games cool cuz it's a nice addition. But, it won't work better for playing on 360, because you'll probably be crippled without a mouse to target during first person.............unless you are really deft and can type with your feet while aiming with the controller's analog! Oh, awsome!

hurray for legs!