PDA

View Full Version : Human hunter VS Beast hunter.

Marks
Jun 7, 2006, 03:43 AM
Sorry if this is a common question but I can't find much extensive information anywhere. I was hoping someone could give me the general idea of the advantages/disadvantages between beast and human for hunter.

Kers
Jun 7, 2006, 04:05 AM
Late at night I found a really cool post on some website (coulda been this one) lol, that had all the race/gender stats and the combination of them into jobs (as does the chosen job mods your stats abit)..If someone could find the post and put a link here that would be awsome lol..

Anyways, these are my suggestions

Beast- 1. Highest physical attack power. 2. has Nanoblasts

Human- 1. probably higher accuracy and defense, possibly hp aswell. 2. PSO had a buncha cool items that were race and gender specific to balance classes at end game. So in PSU, look forward to special stuff for the lone Cast Force or whatever floats your boat! lol

Rihcky
Jun 7, 2006, 04:12 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2430

:S

Kers
Jun 7, 2006, 04:18 AM
Awsome! Ty so much Rihcky!

The humans don't have more hp, but more evasion and accuracy. The points in each category might also differ in value. PSO Ex: godPower +50 atk ( each pt less value) godArm +15 (pts have higher value, a greater effect, thus being less of them lol)

Check out the page for yerself, its nice info

Zarbolord
Jun 7, 2006, 04:21 AM
Also watch out for gender as that also changes stats. FOcaseal is better than FOcast? Darn....

Kers
Jun 7, 2006, 04:27 AM
Yeah i'm all about making one stat as high as it can go (which is not always smart), but when it comes to Force..I'd have to be female! lol...I think i'll just hope for some really cool male only Force weapons.

Marks
Jun 7, 2006, 05:22 AM
Hmm interesting stats. So how will this affect gameplay in general? If I play as a beast I would go around smashing stuff, and if I play as a human it would be the same thing except I do less damage but evade and hit more? Is magic (techniques) exclusive to forces(wands and staves)?Can a hunter use resta at all?

mechatra
Jun 7, 2006, 05:27 AM
At the moment, no only forces can use resta.

It seems ST is really trying to define the classes this time around, which i quite like.

But yeah, for hunters Beasts do the most damage, and take the most hits (having the highest HP)
Whereas Humans will do less damage, but have a slightly better chance of hitting enemies (particularly with guns) and better chance at evasion.

Jozon
Jun 7, 2006, 07:34 AM
I also remember a CBTer saying that for tanking the extra hp came in more handy than the defense(cast has higher) but that also means moreso for the beast vs. human, I think the way this game is made, you don't really need to try and branch out to what your not best at, that's what the groups there for.

My personal choice is the beast though, they just look cooler

Sha_Hua
Jun 7, 2006, 08:32 AM
Looking at the stats.
Human: best all-round
Newman: best force
Cast: best ranger
Beast: Best hunter

I would go for beast if I were you.
The only thing concerning me is forces only beeing able to cast resta. If there are to few forces in the game you might consider choosing human and switch between force and hunter every once in a while. But with forces beeing a popular class and having 6 man parties I doubt that that will happen.

One thing you might have to think about is choosing male or female. Both have slightly different stats. Male looks like the best choice for a hunter.

Pheromone
Jun 7, 2006, 08:54 AM
On 2006-06-07 02:27, Kers wrote:
Yeah i'm all about making one stat as high as it can go (which is not always smart), but when it comes to Force..I'd have to be female! lol...I think i'll just hope for some really cool male only Force weapons.

gender exclusive stuff is stupid

Reystradamus
Jun 7, 2006, 10:29 AM
why do most of you only wanna choose characters based on who get this and who gets that..and stats...thas a turn off..wateva happen 2 picking who u want 2 play based on wat u think looks the coolest...or matches ur personality..dam...u people are stat whores in every kind of game they make....DAM

Kyuu
Jun 7, 2006, 10:34 AM
People are stat whores... because stats matter. Most people want to play a character who is effective, and a character with higher stats will be more effective than a character with lower stats. You may pick your character based on how cool you think they look, or by a subjective evaluation of how it matches your personality. Others like to pick a character that will be strong in the type of gameplay they like. Why should they not be allowed to do so just because it's not a criteria by which you choose your character?

Serephim
Jun 7, 2006, 12:11 PM
Human hunter vs. Beast hunter?

Human either needs to pick up daggers, a few thousand monomates, and get to work, or pull out that double handgun combo and stay as FAR away as freaking possible before that nanoblast molestes him.

I really, REALLY hope that hunters have SOME ability to use magic. It seriously takes alot of reason away for having Newman hunters.

Saner
Jun 7, 2006, 12:16 PM
no it isn't even Newman Hunters can survive and conquer.

of course it's more challenging but still possible.

Alisha
Jun 7, 2006, 12:32 PM
i really wish they drop the male/female crap just make both sexes have the same stats.

tank1
Jun 7, 2006, 12:36 PM
I dunno atleast it adds a bit more variety to the game.

Alisha
Jun 7, 2006, 12:44 PM
i hate it because i refuse to play a male.

OdinTyler
Jun 7, 2006, 12:47 PM
Then DON'T. LOL I play as male & female. I choose the sex based on what I want the char to be. As it stands, I'm going to have 2 Hunters & they will be very different: Human Female & Beast Male. Factoring in how I want them raised, gender won't be a factor that necessarily helps/hurts them. It's more like how I see the chars in my mind & then how they play out in the game. If you want to be male/female, don't let slightly improved or downed stats be a determining factor in what gender you want to play. Play what you want to play.

tank1
Jun 7, 2006, 12:47 PM
The difference between the Males and Females is generally only a few minute points so surely it wont impact on you to badly. Also stats arent the
only thing that matters looking cool does aswell ^.^

Alisha
Jun 7, 2006, 12:50 PM
On 2006-06-07 10:47, OdinTyler wrote:
Then DON'T. LOL I play as male & female. I choose the sex based on what I want the char to be. As it stands, I'm going to have 2 Hunters & they will be very different: Human Female & Beast Male. Factoring in how I want them raised, gender won't be a factor that necessarily helps/hurts them. It's more like how I see the chars in my mind & then how they play out in the game. If you want to be male/female, don't let slightly improved or downed stats be a determining factor in what gender you want to play. Play what you want to play.

i want my female human hunter to be a samurai,since they have bows and i hope they bring back agitos http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2006-06-07 10:50 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Jun 7, 2006, 01:05 PM
Females do have an advantage over males.
If my memory is right, females generally have higher accuracy, evasion, TAP, and that mysterious stat: END.

OdinTyler
Jun 7, 2006, 01:17 PM
Alisha, stop copying me. LOL You know I'm the original FOmarl samurai. I've been talking about it for months (& bows too). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif If you don't believe me, ask my guildies. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kers
Jun 7, 2006, 02:37 PM
On 2006-06-07 06:54, Pheromone wrote:

On 2006-06-07 02:27, Kers wrote:

gender exclusive stuff is stupid

Seeing as the gender changes your stats, it's not stupid to have gender/race specific items to throw more varience in the game. I'm expecting more good items to show up in PSU, since balance is emphasized.

Shrevn
Jun 7, 2006, 07:48 PM
This is just like in wow where ppl tought 'well night elf will be better rogues then human for their racial" yes %1 more dodge makes a big difference when ur against 3 horde lol...
You'll just end up having semi similar stats but all within range if you pick different races all boils down to the armor and your skill people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ferali
Jun 7, 2006, 08:21 PM
On 2006-06-07 08:34, Kyuu wrote:
People are stat whores... because stats matter. Most people want to play a character who is effective, and a character with higher stats will be more effective than a character with lower stats. You may pick your character based on how cool you think they look, or by a subjective evaluation of how it matches your personality. Others like to pick a character that will be strong in the type of gameplay they like. Why should they not be allowed to do so just because it's not a criteria by which you choose your character?

Exactly.

I can see them coming up with class-specific weapons, ie. Newman-only HU weapons in order to overcome shortcomings in that classes stats. ST has, in the past, tried to compensate for shortcomings like that, but I think it'll be terribly difficult/near impossible to make up the shortcomings that would make a newman hunter. We know PSO had a few race/classes that were a little... shall we say... subpar. Isn't too hard to imagine some just aren't mean to be in PSU.

SirenV
Jun 8, 2006, 03:11 PM
Actually... aren't bows only usable by forces? =

And Dizzy, they don't have higher accuracy, but they have higher MST... as well as the other things you've mentioned.

And yeah, Ferali.. I could see that too. But I'm thinking of making a male numan hunter (maybe not, now), and if they have Nei's claw or some other amazing claw reserved specifically for the HUne-WEARL I will rain justice upon ST with the might of a thousand.. somethings.

And personally, I think for half the people the gender definitions are a little more annoying than advantageous, they probably should have kept them together as one. I mean, I also choose gender on how I envision a character over stats. One of the characters I'll have will be a FOnewearl, and that works out well - but the extra str of a male there might be wasted. But hopefully the gaps won't be huge.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SirenV on 2006-06-08 13:16 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Jun 8, 2006, 03:17 PM
Somehow, I'm gonna use a bow. Even if my main has to have points in all 3 class types, I WILL USE A BOW, DAMMIT! :/

Kimil
Jun 8, 2006, 10:50 PM
Looking at those stats... Hunewmans arren't THAT bad actually. Their stats aren't much lower and they compensate anyways with high evasion/accuracy + effectiveness with Photon Arts because of high TAP power. So basically, they're Ninjas!

Its_a_name
Jun 8, 2006, 11:01 PM
All I know is I'm going to be a beast ranger.

Saner
Jun 9, 2006, 12:16 AM
On 2006-06-08 20:50, Kimil wrote:
Looking at those stats... Hunewmans arren't THAT bad actually. Their stats aren't much lower and they compensate anyways with high evasion/accuracy + effectiveness with Photon Arts because of high TAP power. So basically, they're Ninjas!

come to think of it, Nei and Rika were kind of like ninjas.

Kyuu
Jun 9, 2006, 01:18 AM
... effectiveness with Photon Arts because of high TAP power. So basically, they're Ninjas!
TAP affecting Photon Art damage is purely speculation and wishful thinking. We do not know if this is actually the case or not.