PDA

View Full Version : Odd Ball Combinations

Kimil
Jun 7, 2006, 06:49 PM
Beta dudes and chick(s?), I have ANOTHER question (sorry I've asked so many)
How Did these Classes work out for you durring the beta? Was it really hard to use them, or did their odd ball abilities work in some way to their class?:
Hunewmans
Rabeasts
Focasts
(The three underdog classes)

Also, how did the Fobeast Class compare to Fomar(l)s and Fonewm/newearls? I'm considering making one of my main characters a Fobeastle

Nuclearranger
Jun 7, 2006, 07:51 PM
Well think about it...
CASTS have more ata for BOWS and have more hp can withstand more hits ext
Beasts can take hits and give them also they have resta...
Hunewmans this might have a dissadvantage unless of corse tec atp does something for nonFOs then they win?

Zorafim
Jun 8, 2006, 01:38 AM
There'd be something seriously wrong if newmans are the worst hunters. If I'm not mistaken, they're based off of PS1's musk cats, a rather melee oriented race with supportive capibilities. Having them be the worst at the job they were born to do doesn't seem right. Then there's the fact that they're supposed to be good rangers, when that's the last thing a musk cat/numan would do. I'm rather hoping that even the worst races of a job will have something to bring it, and that it'll only change their playing style and not their usefulness.

OdinTyler
Jun 8, 2006, 10:01 AM
Well Zora, you'd think Newmen would be better Hunters. I mean they do have a proven track record. They can't very well make Casts the worst cause all the HUcast fans would get pretty POed. Nor can you make Humans the worst ones because HUmars were pretty damn popular on PSO. So what do you do? Well, Idk, personally I might've changed things around a bit. The way I see it tho, if you can take a char that may not have stats as higher as some other & still make it good, you have a good char there.

Kimil
Jun 8, 2006, 10:47 AM
Well.dont the Newmans have great Dex, Evasion and MST? Should this make them a good (ninja) or something? Even if they dončt do as much damage and cant take as many hits, they will almost always hit and they will evade most attacks. Plus, with the extra tp they have, they can shoot off a lot of photon arts without worry wasting TP

OdinTyler
Jun 8, 2006, 10:52 AM
I'd like to see how they play out, myself. To make a Newman an incapable Hunter would get on my nerves. I have fun playing my HUney & Newmen of the past (well, Numen) have always been good chars. Even if Sega made it a pain in the ass to, I'm sure there will be plenty of players out there that can still prove Newmen to be capable meleers.

Sev
Jun 8, 2006, 11:40 AM
I think it's already been proven that nothing will be incapable as a job. I remember I heard about some sort of grading system... I don't exactly think it's true. They have Newman Hunter as a C... But that would just be saying that only good HP, Attack Power, and Defensive Power can make a good Hunter. That's not really true. At least not for this game. Yes, the harder you hit the better, and yes, the better you can take hits and survive the better... However, Evasion is a thing of it's own. The less take you hits, even if you have less HP, it's going to make your survivability go up. And of course, a good hit percentage never hurts anything.

This may be the 80th times I'm saying this... But we don't know what MST and TAP will affect. I still like to speculate that TAP would help out your Photon Arts and Shot. Especially since if I remember correctly, it's supposed to be Technic Attack Power. Well, Shots and Photon Arts are Technics so there you go... And MST was always something like Mental Strenght right? So that could possibly be Technic Resistance or Defense. Therefore, making all the stats count for something.

Who knows if any of that's true though. I'm just hoping so since it will get rid of some of the complaints...

OdinTyler
Jun 8, 2006, 02:27 PM
I remember reading that in addition to MST there's a new stat & that TAP may be what you're talking about. Perhaps MST was split in that MST would now signify your total power & Tech Attack Power would be the damage you can output or may act as a bonus to your MST. I'd like to know the deal about this too.

Sev
Jun 8, 2006, 02:54 PM
I've just been thinking that MST would also deal with your Magical Resistance as well. And as long as TAP stands for Technic Attack Power, and Techs, Shots, and Photon Arts are Technics... That should make Photon Art damage differ, it has to rely somewhere since it is an attack, but it's specialized in a way. Those are just hopes of mine. I want all the stats to count for something, so you can get a variety of playstyles in the game by using a different race.