PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck

InfinityXXX
Jun 7, 2006, 11:12 PM
At our fair grounds, theres a rap battle event/festival and their allowing minors to participate so after convincing from my friends I signed up. >.<, >.<.

I'm about to go there right now so wish me luck everyone!(I hope I don't choke or anything.lol)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2006-06-07 21:13 ]</font>

Skuda
Jun 7, 2006, 11:13 PM
good look

DizzyDi
Jun 7, 2006, 11:14 PM
If B Rabbit can do it, ANYONE CAN.

PhotonDrop
Jun 7, 2006, 11:21 PM
Go get 'em, tiger!

Kuea
Jun 7, 2006, 11:48 PM
go go~

*cheers for you* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

FOAtHeart
Jun 7, 2006, 11:51 PM
I FREESTYLE RAPPED ONCE.

I didn't win. Such is life!

Shattered_weasel
Jun 7, 2006, 11:56 PM
Dress up like Leon Kennedy. No one will fuck with you then.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 8, 2006, 12:03 AM
Good luck Infinity.
I hope you have fun.

I'm sure FKL ryhmes with something.

I mean, if you choose to even use FKL. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Shadowpawn
Jun 8, 2006, 07:44 AM
Just drastic your soul and you'll be alright.

InfinityXXX
Jun 8, 2006, 10:51 AM
Aww, Thanks everyone!

It was REALLY fun and exciting.(this was my first time doing a real competition)

The minors went first, you had to be 16-17 yrs old and for rules, you couldn't use any profanity, racial slurs or mean spirited rhymes and the crowd was not aloud to boo, taunt or make fun of the younger rappers. The top 10 minors were allowed to battle the adults. In a battle between adult and minor the same rules applied.(the adults weren't allowed to curse and the audience wasn't allowed to boo)

And just like in the movies(and apollo) the audience determines who wins. But for the adult battles, their were judges. It was packed with people and rappers.(When it started, they asked anyone in the audience if they wanted to participate and people just hopped on the stage)

I made it in the top 10(there were quite a few battlers) but I lost to an adult.(Some Dennis Rodman look a like) I was nervous going on the stage but once I won my first battle I got over it.

I went up against 3 kids and all of them choked somewhere in the match.(There was this one kid that went first and choked on his first turn >.<)

Everything they used agaisnt me was expected. My height, and my interests.I had a Yu Yu Hakusho shirt on so I was called nerd and geek -.- but I easily countered it, I have rhymes prepared when stuff like that is brought up and I also brought up and represented pso-world lol.

This one kid I went up against had a lisp and he started saying something about me being a nerd cuz of my shirt and I responded:

-Yeah I watch anime, from Bleach to Yu Yu Hakusho
-Or chill down with some shonen jump and read DBZ and Naruto
-But I'm glad to be a nerd, see the shirt,I don't hide this
-But at least my rhymes are easily heard, unlike yo bad lisp.

And he ended up choking after that.

But Even though I'm happy I made it that far and my mom said she was proud of me(mainly for not choking)....I still think I was cheated against the adult I went against his name was Z.V somethin(he looked like Dennis Rodman) and I had the crowd laughing becuase of his rainbow hair(speaking of, why the HELL would you wear that at a battle competition? but I think there was a festival going on and maybe he had his hair dyed for that, you know how crazy people get) but anyways....

He went first and used what most adults (even though he look early 20s) used to beat the minors.( telling us that we're to young, wet behind the ears, they should get their belts out...meh) He also made fun of my shirt and called me a Pharelle.(which, at this point, teasing my Yu Yu Hakusho shirt was really pissing me off)

And on my turn I used
-Well like Pharelle I can say we share the same musical taste
-Cuz I'm one to like everything, play it loud, and still show my face
-See I go old school, a little rock, I even listened to Donny Osmond
-But I ain't tryin to copy anyone, unlike you, Dennis Rodman

Everyone one started laughing but he went on with his whole adults are better stuff and then he cracked on my height in which I replied:

-So what If I'm short and small, I don't mind being called a hobbit

-But your one to talk, with rainbow hair, sir, are you in the closet?

And the crowd roared with laughter but I got a 7.5 and he got an 8. They said they like my style but in my rap about me being a hobbit, I got a bit off beat in the beginning.

We shook hands and he told me I was skilled and to keep practicing so me, my friend and my mom and her friends stayed the rest of the night and watched the rest of the competition.

It was nice and their were a lot of skilled rappers.(I would've got clobbered if I stayed in.) There were a lot of people that were rapping and harmonizing like Chamillionaire and Bone Thugs n Harmony and then there was this one guy that was rapping really fast like Twista. You also had the ignorant rappers and their raps, luckily, most of them failed. There was also a rumor going around that there was a producer at the competition but I kind of doubt it.

Dhylec
Jun 8, 2006, 11:04 AM
wear a rabbit foot..
& cat earz ;3

DLShAdOw
Jun 8, 2006, 03:27 PM
yay good job/story infinity!