PDA

View Full Version : I would just like to know the chances for someone to cheat o

TheWildJoker
Jun 8, 2006, 12:08 AM
Hi, i was just very curious to wounder, will people be able to cheat on this phantasy star online game? Because if its a new start, a new game and it has been delayed so long, shouldnt they have deleted all of these problems already? I meand because i would hate to pay For such a great game with cheaters in it that ruin the game, and make people hate it. Like so in pso, theyre were so many cheaters, it was comon for everyone to cheat. i just hope its not like this. But i would like to know have they eliminated this?

Spellbinder
Jun 8, 2006, 12:11 AM
The game is run on a new engine, we more than likely won't know until the game goes live.

hypersaxon
Jun 8, 2006, 12:20 AM
No one's going to know the answer until the game is actually out. Sonic Team says they're gonna have things under control, but I'd take that with a grain of salt until they prove themselves right.

Saner
Jun 8, 2006, 12:45 AM
if cheating happens you shouldn't let it get to you, otherwise you end up losing in the end.

I been playing DC PSO even when the cheating got bigger and it never affected my fun with the game online.

some people just take the presence of cheaters too personally, either that or they have bad luck of always running into them.

despite the problems and cheats, that never stopped many non-cheaters from still having fun. others cried and left but that's their choice.

as it stands, its possible through Sega's experience from the PSO games, there will be less cheating in PSU than there was in the other games.

Kers
Jun 8, 2006, 03:00 AM
Yes, people will cheat on PSU. There will be cheaters on every game. Since cheaters create the mess, people fixing and preventing them are kind of on clean up duty. The best thing we can hope for is a faster reaction to fix the cheats and exploits.

-Stuff some know-it-all friends talk about that I've heard-

Mods-

Most anti-mod programs work by finding files that were massly distributed via downloading from websites. ex: adownloaded mod from X website looks like Y. If your content looks like Y, then you obviously have that mod.

Mods that take longer to find are unique ones created by some real a-holes lol. They configure their own mods that the anti-cheat program doesn't have, so they need to be found by comparing original data to what you have (people say you can do stuff to make it not noticeable. (Y compaired to Y. If Z, then it's a mod. Sounds like it's still just comparison, but reasons I don't care about, it takes longer to find.

Stuff like exploits and bugs require a patch because the problem is in the game and it needs to be replaced with whatever they made to make the game run correctly.

Another type of cheating I know of is tampering with the internet connections. From what people experienced in Halo2, it requires the game to have host connection that connects with the server for everyone to play on. Everyone's connection goes through his, I'm not going into detail, but he messes with your connections and you get screwed. Some of this dirty work is catchable. Simply put-involving a host connection the same way Halo2 did is stupid lol.

Cheats will affect the experience with random people and the PSU market. So, if cheating gets bad and you want to be 100% legit, play with people you know don't cheat and don't buy stuff on the market (everything would be cheaper).

I'm not saying you're gonna have a bad day playing online. I Just am stating things the new anti-cheat technology should be used against.

Tycho
Jun 8, 2006, 03:03 AM
Has there ever been any game that's completely cheat-free? You should prepare for whatever's going to happen.

TheWildJoker
Jun 8, 2006, 11:07 AM
thats true, i just wanted to see what the makority would say. nut it would be better if it were cheat free. thx guys.

Mewn
Jun 8, 2006, 12:01 PM
There will of course be cheating, the real question is how wide-spread it will be.

PhotonCat
Jun 8, 2006, 03:29 PM
There will always be cheating in online games.

Just don't let it get to you.