PDA

View Full Version : About paying for online fees with JP PSU

kyori
Jun 8, 2006, 01:05 AM
has anyone figured out how to go about this yet? Anyone offering to get netcash for us? Or is segalink actually gonna allow foreign cards by then?

Inazuma
Jun 8, 2006, 01:15 AM
well, we really wont have all the answers till the game is actually out.
but regardless, if its possible for the jp to play, its possible for anyone to play.

Shivore
Jun 8, 2006, 05:24 AM
Obviously you are unfamiliar with the idea of a Korean Social Security number combined with Korean MMORPG sign-ups.

Of course I've never heard of Japan or SEGA doing anything like that, so I wouldn't think there would be a big problem.

kyori
Jun 8, 2006, 09:58 AM
The problem here isn't anything like that, it's the fact that Segalink, the service PSU uses for its online service, doesn't accept credit cards outside of japan. Though, maybe something like AMEX works..

uhawww
Jun 8, 2006, 03:12 PM
Yeah, there's no restriction based on any type of citizenship identifier (ie. no KSSN required or the like), however Sega, along with many other online Japanese game companies, seem to restrict payment options to those that are pantently Japanese (Convenience store/Shopping Center payments (Lawson/7-11/Loppi), open fund card systems(Net-Cash, Web-Money, Bit-Cash), communications bill additions (@OCN/.nifty), Japan-only credit systems (Full Address Verified VISA/MC, AEON, JCB).

It's been said many times thus far, if Segalink maintains its current system, Net-Cash may be the only way to go...
and since Net-Cash (unlike WebMoney or BitCash) halted online purchases with Credit Cards all together (due to fraud), play the JP version online may be more difficult without a plentiful source of cards in the hands of a forum member/friend in Japan.

I'm hoping to have at least 'some' cards for importers here, along with a couple other people, however I can't say as of yet if I'll have stock when the time comes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-06-08 13:14 ]</font>

PhotonCat
Jun 8, 2006, 03:26 PM
Most companies are like this. They cannot except transfers from foriegn banks.

I'm guessing there will be some Netcash or whatever cards going around though.

Inazuma
Jun 8, 2006, 09:42 PM
i have 2 years worth of netcash just in case. i purposely got a lot so i can help my close friends play also. but i know a lot of jp pso players, so np either way.

Saner
Jun 8, 2006, 09:48 PM
why not move to Japan and get helpful services?

I heard they treat americans like royalty over there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rubesahl
Jun 9, 2006, 01:12 AM
Hmm... Interesting, I'll take this into consideration before importing two copies ... just one then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif; I've used my CC before in JPN PSO GC and it works like a charm, now I do admit Segalink is diff so >_>; I may have a friend connect me with a friend in JPN somehow though. Anyone have any other thoughts on this?

Rubesahl
Jun 9, 2006, 08:24 AM
I was checking out the process of buying clothes for your little avatar and when I picked CC i got a screen to input the number and exp date. I do imagine they take the name and address stuff from your profile -shrugs- after all they can't charge it without a name >_>; Otherwise I'm gonna check this out with a friend later...

They should just accept paypal XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2006-06-09 06:26 ]</font>

kyori
Jun 9, 2006, 03:00 PM
Amen to that, Paypal e-checks are a pretty secure method on avoiding fraud.