PDA

View Full Version : psu on wii

goldengun492
Jun 8, 2006, 08:03 PM
is there any chance that psu or any ps game will come to the nintendo wii?

Tystys
Jun 8, 2006, 08:23 PM
uh....
no one knows as of now.

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 8, 2006, 08:49 PM
Logically, It gets a resounding maybe, with control only through the classic controller.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2006-06-08 18:49 ]</font>

DamonKatu
Jun 9, 2006, 12:13 AM
except you can use the KB from GC pso if you still have it I bet...

Inazuma
Jun 9, 2006, 01:05 AM
the wii has 2 usb ports, rite? you can use any keyboard you want http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Saner
Jun 9, 2006, 01:07 AM
you might have to wait 2 years minimum for a Wii version.

why not just get a PS2 or something to play it this year? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

xMutex
Jun 9, 2006, 12:38 PM
In the interveiw he said he was uncertain but he made *sword motion* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif so it possible it would be quite unique but as of now there is no news of it being on it but like they said you will have to wait and see so in the meen time get it for ps2, comp or 360 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rubesahl
Jun 9, 2006, 12:42 PM
I imagine more of a zelda twilight princess type of control scheme for the wii, if it came that is. I think Sega wants to get to know the Wii a bit more before turning PSU entirely cross platform, that's the logical explanation I can come up with right now.

uhawww
Jun 9, 2006, 12:42 PM
PSU on Wii would be a more tiring gaming experience than DDR.

Anyways, with Wii's Connect24 interface, they could introduce some very cool personalized facets of the game world (especially My Room).

Sev
Jun 9, 2006, 12:43 PM
Alot of people have been getting really hyped up over the notion of being able to swing the controller... When you think about it though, constantly repeating sword like motions would get tiresome. In the interview I read in EGM, they also stated that although they thought about putting that kind of function in, swinging the controller everytime for some would be tiresome, and for others it would feel like a chore.

I could see them doing it, but I don't know if it would be unique, or if it would be another port. It could be possible that rather then port this game... They could develop a different title within the PS franchise but I don't have any grounds for this kind of assumption.

JAR
Jun 9, 2006, 05:55 PM
You said it, swinging around a controller is such a novelty, and definitely not pratical for games where you grind. Using the mote as a sword would be more successful in a game that would rotate between action, puzzle solving and exploration so that your arm wouldn't fricking fall off from overuse!!!

Sev
Jun 9, 2006, 05:59 PM
On 2006-06-09 15:55, JAR wrote:
You said it, swinging around a controller is such a novelty, and definitely not pratical for games where you grind. Using the mote as a sword would be more successful in a game that would rotate between action, puzzle solving and exploration so that your arm wouldn't fricking fall off from overuse!!!

Yeah, I believe that's how it's set up in Red Steel or rather... Will be set up. Although you do get the chance to swing it around, you only do so at select times to cut down on gamer fatigue and more then anything... It'd make you really look forward to those moments since it's not overdone.

In PSU, you'd get so SO sick of swinging that thing around. There'd be alotta Wii-Motes hitting the TV due to it slipping out of sweaty hands.

That's not pleasant at all.

SirenV
Jun 10, 2006, 04:03 PM
Well yeah, and it wouldnt be functional for everything, either. People arent always swinging blades. Casting techniques might not work so well... however.. if you were in the first person shooting mode then a point and shoot functionality with the controller would actually be pretty useful.

Yes, I agree.. swinging the controller around would become a bother and or a bore. Although, they could always just use the classic controller, and not the wii-mote or whatever. I'm sure alot of people will be getting a wii, and being connected to the internet all the time makes it easy to get on PSU, and stuff. So hopefully they'll think it's a good idea. (I want to keep PS console, but dont want to put up with the ps2 and dont have the money for a xbox360.. so that'd be ideal for me. But as of now I'm still going PC)

But if they could put in some unique controller functionality (like if you're driving one of those hover bikes in one of the movies - and sort of use it as a steering wheel), or other "select" times like Sev said... then it'd be pretty cool.

Brus
Jun 11, 2006, 04:19 AM
there are other possibilities, the twighlight princess set-up aforementioned, in which you wouldt swing you'd just hit the b or a button for normal attack. And the aim when going into first person mode. I bet driving the vehicles would be fun though ahahahah

Oh you also said any PS game. I'm assuming that since sega is supporting the virtual console we'll at least see II through IV on it. Maybe if we're lucky they'll put part one as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brus on 2006-06-11 02:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brus on 2006-06-11 02:21 ]</font>

Keyeszx
Jun 11, 2006, 09:48 AM
u people complain too much you aren't supposed to be swingin like u got a real sword judt like swing it lightly not like im gonna kill u tv

RoninJoku
Jun 11, 2006, 10:17 AM
On 2006-06-11 07:48, Keyeszx wrote:
u people complain too much you aren't supposed to be swingin like u got a real sword judt like swing it lightly not like im gonna kill u tv

Yea, you don't really need to be swinging in a full range of motion... All the hands on impressions of wii software I have read seems to say that the motions you need to make are actually much softer than people typically imagine. And thus people when they first start playing look like a spaz, but as they get used to the small motion finesse, it becomes much more natural and easy... But still-I can see even that getting boring (if not tiresome) in such a game as PSO/PSU...

JAR
Jun 11, 2006, 11:53 AM
On 2006-06-11 07:48, Keyeszx wrote:

That doesn't matter, there are people who get excited when enemies swarm them and they lose there cool and will react by going overboard. Anyways after tens of minutes of grinding fatigue would begin to set in and then there would be some sloppy gameplay indeed.

kassy
Jun 11, 2006, 01:29 PM
Wiimote support wouldn't make playing PSU any easier, and being that the game wasn't designed with the Wiimote in mind, it would could possible feel very forced if they added support.

The only way I'd see it being enjoyable for me personally is if they did pretty much just mimicked Zelda TP's control scheme, other than using the controller for aiming in the first person mode, and maybe shaking the nunchaku for some special move, I don't see how "swinging" the controller around to pull off your weapon’s combo could be considered fun, and ultimately in the long run not just repetitive and annoying.

Moo2u
Jun 11, 2006, 03:43 PM
They could still have it for the Wii, but use the classic gamecube controler like Smash Brothers. That wouldn't be too hard at all.

Saffran
Jun 12, 2006, 03:20 AM
|nyways after tens of minutes of grinding fatigue would begin to set in
|and then there would be some sloppy gameplay indeed.

Or maybe they would do something healthy and take a break from the game?
Also, all that swinging around would be good for your sleep.

Actually, PSU should be Wiimote exclusive. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif