PDA

View Full Version : classic Newman ears vs. PSO Newman goat ears.

Saner
Jun 9, 2006, 07:18 AM
hey it's really cool that people who make Newman characters can freely select the type of ears they like, whether they want them horizontal like goat ears or pointing up like the classic Numans had them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

so this poll is wondering if you plan on making a Newman at some point, what type of ears do you prefer?

Rihcky
Jun 9, 2006, 08:21 AM
I would choose horizontal if I would make a newman.

RoninJoku
Jun 9, 2006, 12:10 PM
Theoretically I would choose the outwards ears... Because they are kind of goofy looking-and thats what I would be going for... But from playing with the character create, they don't really look right on my character http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SirenV
Jun 9, 2006, 12:20 PM
I'm going with the classic ears http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

hypersaxon
Jun 9, 2006, 12:22 PM
I dunno, I'd probably go with the classic ears, but damn Maya looks hot even with the long ears lol

Boobs >>> Ears

Kupi
Jun 9, 2006, 06:55 PM
Of the two Newmen I plan to use, my main (Kupi) will have the 45-degree slanted ears, while the melee Force (if that's even viable) will have his ears straight up (the "classic" style).

A2K
Jun 9, 2006, 07:00 PM
I find your characterization of horizontal ears as "goat-like" to be borderline offensive! *RAISES FIST* HORIZONTAL EAR POWER!

uhawww
Jun 9, 2006, 07:11 PM
Goats are cool.
Horizontal Ears Forever.

-Klaus-
Jun 9, 2006, 07:23 PM
Baa!

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Jun 10, 2006, 12:52 AM
I'm a much bigger fan of the straight up ears... and I would use them hands down but....
The hair I want has MAJOR clipping errors with any ears but the horizontal.... I don't want my girl looking like she has hairy ears =(
It sucks though... cuz if I want that hair... I have to pick outward ears... and if I want Classic ears, I gotta pick a different hairstyle....

It's quite the predicament for me >.<

TheStoicOne
Jun 10, 2006, 01:25 PM
Outward ears!! MAYA IS TEh Se(KZi

ANIMEniac
Jun 10, 2006, 02:02 PM
as a newman, id be afraid of my hears being lobbed off in battle if they went outwars. i go for the classic. but i do, however, expect the outwards ears to bounce. i mean hey, they did it with the boobs...

hypersaxon
Jun 10, 2006, 02:55 PM
On 2006-06-10 11:25, TheStoicOne wrote:
Outward ears!! MAYA IS TEh Se(KZi

Ha, I'm not the only one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Spellbinder
Jun 11, 2006, 04:30 PM
On 2006-06-10 12:02, ANIMEniac wrote:
as a newman, id be afraid of my hears being lobbed off in battle if they went outwars. i go for the classic. but i do, however, expect the outwards ears to bounce. i mean hey, they did it with the boobs...

It took all of my willpower to not laugh out loud at this. But which ears? I dunno... I'll have to decide when I'm making the character.

Dre_o
Jun 11, 2006, 04:33 PM
Well, besides that I don't plan on making a Newman soon.....I just like the upwards ears anyways.

tikigod13
Jun 11, 2006, 04:39 PM
What is with the Ducks?

Pheromone
Jun 12, 2006, 07:06 PM
horizontal...

Rider
Jun 13, 2006, 08:44 PM
Sorry... got sidetracked by the ducks.

Authenticate
Jun 13, 2006, 08:59 PM
They all look equally stupid to me. Elves and anything that looks elf-like needs to burn in a fire. A fire made of their lopped off dumb pointy ears. CAST POWER! *lights an old looking computer on fire and carries it arround on a stick*

Aion_Clyuve
Jul 20, 2006, 09:25 AM
When I finally get around to making my force character rather than my usual RaCAST it'll be a newman with the horizontal ears. I think they look cooler, and they remind me of Aisha Clan-Clan from Outlaw Star.

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 20, 2006, 05:22 PM
I also prefer the vertical ears, but I like even better those horns that Rika has. Will the game have Rika's horns?

Yurochka
Jul 20, 2006, 05:31 PM
Isn't there a middle option?
I think when I test-created my FOnewm, it allowed me 3 choices.
I prefer the one in the middle. [:

I still like beast ears.
They're unique.

EDIT: I just looked, the middle option doesn't
change too much. I guess it's still a "goat ear."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yurochka on 2006-07-20 15:39 ]</font>

EnixBelmont
Jul 21, 2006, 04:02 AM
Straight up for newmans. Straight down for beasts, since it makes you look like you dont have ****ed up beast ears with long hair http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sinue_v2
Jul 21, 2006, 04:28 AM
but I like even better those horns that Rika has

Uh... Rika didn't have horns.. she had ears. The tips were just colored black to add design and to further differenciate her from Nei - whom Rika was originally supposed to be a direct clone of.

NDkEwL
Jul 21, 2006, 12:40 PM
I am going to make a melee newman, since it is plausible and I like being different for my own purpose, and I am going to have the classic more vertical ears. Though I am going to use a male (so happy there will finally be a male newman hunter, though by most of my memory, most newman have been female...) I am going for this whole Elfen Lied scenario with the diclonius type deal. It is a incredible, yet totally twisted anime...i don't know much much i recommend it...

REGARDLESS! CLASSIC EARS ALL THE WAY!