PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else worried about the changes?

Kio
Jun 10, 2006, 10:10 AM
I'm a little worried about how the game has changed since PSO. For instance, only Forces can use technics? And i've heard they need a staff or wand-type weapon to be effective...

Anybody else gonna miss Hunters casting Resta and Forces being able to use DB's Saber end game?

(Note: Everything here is things I read around the site, but i'm not sure how accurate it is)

PJ
Jun 10, 2006, 10:21 AM
I figure, this just makes Force more useful. Not like they needed help to be useful, but hey, whatever helps right?

Apparently, HUmar MST wasn't enough for Resta to be effective, or so some people say incorectly, so not a huge loss.

zandra117
Jun 10, 2006, 10:22 AM
Im not going to miss any of it. It encourages teamwork and adds more difficulty and strategy to the game. Besides, if you wanna use magic go to the class change desk and use some meseta to change to a force.

Kamica
Jun 10, 2006, 10:27 AM
It isnt so bad because of the mates increase to 20. Plus, there is the fact that a PSU area doesnt last forever like a PSO area(desert anyone?).

OdinTyler
Jun 10, 2006, 11:03 AM
So mates & fluids are 20 now? Wish they were 99 or 100. That would make more sense. However, anything beyond 10 is an improvement. What's this about a PSU area not lasting forever? Is the Desert THAT long?

Spellbinder
Jun 10, 2006, 11:04 AM
Also, (although I haven't played Beta) I believe there are items that can simulate the effects of Shifta and Deband, along with a few other new goodies incase you don't happen to have a Force on standby.

Kio
Jun 10, 2006, 11:18 AM
Good to hear the mates being upgraded...

And you're able to change your class?

OdinTyler
Jun 10, 2006, 11:20 AM
Yes, you go to a particular counter & you buy an in game 'license'. When you start the game, you choose what class type you'd like & you can always switch your class. However, when you begin a mission, you're stuck as that class until you finish or leave the mission.

Saner
Jun 10, 2006, 11:31 AM
the changes are really improvements over PSO's formula.

Kio
Jun 10, 2006, 11:32 AM
Sounds like a good idea...

By the way is there a way to change your avatar's hairstyle in the game or are you stuck with it? When I play RPGs usually I make a character I hate about three weeks later and i'm stuck with it...

PSU is looking even better than I thought it was gonna be ^_^

OdinTyler
Jun 10, 2006, 11:35 AM
From what I heard, the shops were limited in the Beta. I can only guess you can change your look in game. However, til I hear for sure, I'm going to REALLY be careful how I make my chars. That way I can be sure to be happy with their looks for awhile...

Keyeszx
Jun 10, 2006, 11:39 AM
well change is for the best right

OdinTyler
Jun 10, 2006, 11:51 AM
Depends. LOL So far, I've seen more positive changes than 'negative' ones. It's just a new system of classes to get used to. If anything, it just reminds us to be a bit more careful in how we raise our chars. At least, we have 'some' choice in what stats we can focus on & not just rely on materials or mags to get the stats we feel we need.

Kio
Jun 10, 2006, 12:03 PM
Speaking of Materials, are they gonna be in this one?

(sorry for keeping this going @_@ longer than I thought it would be...)

RoninJoku
Jun 10, 2006, 12:27 PM
On 2006-06-10 10:03, Kio wrote:
Speaking of Materials, are they gonna be in this one?

(sorry for keeping this going @_@ longer than I thought it would be...)

I don't think there has been any evidence of them so far.

DizzyDi
Jun 10, 2006, 12:30 PM
On 2006-06-10 09:32, Kio wrote:
Sounds like a good idea...

By the way is there a way to change your avatar's hairstyle in the game or are you stuck with it? When I play RPGs usually I make a character I hate about three weeks later and i'm stuck with it...

PSU is looking even better than I thought it was gonna be ^_^

Yeah you can change hairstyle I think. I've seen screenshots of people buying new hairstyles so you probably can.

Rihcky
Jun 10, 2006, 12:36 PM
You can take 20 mates yes. But you cannot use a Telepipe/Ryuker to resupplie.

zandra117
Jun 10, 2006, 12:52 PM
at the end of each area there is a field lobby/checkpoint where you can resupply.

Kamica
Jun 10, 2006, 05:12 PM
On 2006-06-10 09:03, OdinTyler wrote:
So mates & fluids are 20 now? Wish they were 99 or 100. That would make more sense. However, anything beyond 10 is an improvement. What's this about a PSU area not lasting forever? Is the Desert THAT long?

One desert area takes 20 minutes(A total of 3 areas which total 60 minutes). That is with a full party of people. In PSU, an area took no more than 10 minutes to beat.

Lyrise
Jun 10, 2006, 07:32 PM
That's only because we were stuck to A rank stuff. Come S-Rank it'll probably take a bit longer. But still probably not as dragged out as Desert.

Also, (although I haven't played Beta) I believe there are items that can simulate the effects of Shifta and Deband, along with a few other new goodies incase you don't happen to have a Force on standby

Yup, but they're all large money sinks, except for defbaride (really cheap to make compared to the other 4). There will be items and effects corresponding to defense, evade, magic, and attack power, and ALL 4 (Megistride).

Megistrides are EXTREMELY powerful, and boost all your stats way up there. But before anyone cries out that its a huge imbalance, there are 2 things to consider - 1. Under the effect of Megistride, you start losing random amounts of HP at fixed intervals; and 2. The Ingredients required - a Megistride board is already rare as hell, and you can only make 5 from it. It also takes a Moatoob truffle, which is also rare as hell. You can try to find those items if you want (or buy them if you're really rich from a player shop; can't buy from NPCs), but if you want to build a full stack (max is 10 in your inventory), better be prepared to waste large amounts of time and money. If you can actually make a few of these, then you definitely deserve it.

Authenticate
Jun 10, 2006, 09:58 PM
As long as forces don't get cocky because they're the only ones with heal-y-ness and buff-y-ness, it's all good. I hated getting a priest/druid in WoW only to have them demand we go somewhere totally different than what the group has decided to go.

Me: "LF1M Priest/Druid DM West."
Random priest: "I'll come."
Me: "Great." *invites priest to party*
RP: "I want to do Scholo or scarlet strat."
Me: "I said in the LFG message we were doing DM West..."
RP: "DM West sucks. Let's do Scholo or strat. C'mon."
Me: *boots priest and invites my druid buddy who just signed on*

Hated having to look for a healer when none of my healer buddies were on. >.>

kassy
Jun 11, 2006, 12:37 AM
'Bout time we get resta as force only, that's all I have to say really.

Making class specific talents builds on the whole idea of teamwork, it appeals to me more.

Dre_o
Jun 11, 2006, 01:17 AM
I've seen all (kinda) and I know all modificatoins between PSO and PSU (ish) and I can say that I don't see even one thing that won't be an improvement.

[/foolish "all knowing" attitude]