PDA

View Full Version : Closed beta

tikigod13
Jun 10, 2006, 04:46 PM
I want a closed beta now AHHHHHHHH! When is there gona be a comp beta!

kassy
Jun 10, 2006, 04:53 PM
"comp" beta?

There was a JP "closed" beta, it's over.

Um, ya.

tikigod13
Jun 10, 2006, 04:58 PM
I mean in America i know there was a closed beta in Japan

Kyuu
Jun 10, 2006, 08:45 PM
The PSU producer Tomeeboy interviewed did say that Sega was considering releasing a closed beta in the States. However, there is no final decision made either way (that we know of). I too hope it will be a PC beta, if they do decide to do it.

Skye-Fox713
Jun 10, 2006, 09:09 PM
a closed beta in the US would be nice

vitius137
Jun 10, 2006, 09:50 PM
very nice

RoninJoku
Jun 10, 2006, 09:54 PM
Yea... I've been hopefully waiting for one too... I almost wish Takao Miyoshi hadn't alluded to the possibility... Then I wouldn't have to worry about hopeful expectations...

Kimil
Jun 11, 2006, 01:43 AM
I want a closed beta in Canada -_-

Saner
Jun 11, 2006, 03:22 AM
did they even need to make a closed beta for PSO games in the past for U.S.?

if its ready they should just release the full version, instead of dating a closed beta and delaying it further.

a closed beta in U.S. would just make the full version not feel as fresh when it comes out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shivore
Jun 11, 2006, 05:50 AM
Even if they do have a beta, in most games they only start the beta a couple of months before release, so I wouldn't expect it in the US until August at the earliest. That said, the Japanese beta did start more than just 2 or 3 months prior to release so who knows.

The point is though, we don't even know if there will even be one, much less when, so all we can do is be patient, and keep an eye on any announcements.

Kyuu
Jun 11, 2006, 08:31 AM
On 2006-06-11 01:22, Saner wrote:
did they even need to make a closed beta for PSO games in the past for U.S.?

if its ready they should just release the full version, instead of dating a closed beta and delaying it further.

a closed beta in U.S. would just make the full version not feel as fresh when it comes out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Obviously, they're not going to delay the game to release the beta, but as Shivore said it would probably come out a couple months before the actual release. Don't be silly.

And yes, I do believe there was a beta for PSO BB if I'm not mistaken.

Keyeszx
Jun 11, 2006, 09:41 AM
they should just sell a demo disc a couple months before release

Tystys
Jun 11, 2006, 12:37 PM
I'm pretty sure they will if the public demands it. I really hope there isn't a beta released, because that would royally suck...means MORE FRIGGIN WAITING.

Kyuu
Jun 11, 2006, 01:35 PM
On 2006-06-11 10:37, Tystys wrote:
I'm pretty sure they will if the public demands it. I really hope there isn't a beta released, because that would royally suck...means MORE FRIGGIN WAITING.

Again, no it wouldn't. Unless the beta revealed some major bug that had previously been undetected (extremely unlikely), it would just be something extra for us before the release of the final product. For example, if they release the US version in October as many speculate, then they might have a beta in July or August. They won't delay the release of the final game to fit in a beta. Don't be silly.

Rihcky
Jun 11, 2006, 03:00 PM
On 2006-06-11 10:37, Tystys wrote:
I'm pretty sure they will if the public demands it.

Yeah. SoA always does exactly what the public demands.

PJ
Jun 11, 2006, 03:24 PM
On 2006-06-11 13:00, Rihcky wrote:
Yeah. SoA always does exactly what the public demands.

They did for PSOBB.

Saner
Jun 11, 2006, 10:03 PM
and Sonic Heroes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DarthTyranus
Jun 12, 2006, 03:59 AM
I agree. We ask one simple request, surely the good people of SEGA would their absolute to honour it.

Saner
Jun 12, 2006, 07:11 AM
what simple request? for a closed beta?

ya'll just wanna play some of it early lol.

there's no way they can release a closed beta after July, and expect to ship the full game in October.

WhiteWind
Jun 13, 2006, 05:22 AM
I think the only advantage of having a beta would be for stress testing the western areas hardware and such. Which I don't think you would then need to keep the beta going very long.

I'm happy with or with out a beta coming to the west. Yeah sure it would be great to play the game a little earlier, but that’s not why I like Beta testing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif; And from what I can tell, their will be little different (other the text and dialog >.> hehe) in the east’s and west’s content, though I may be wrong?

chibiLegolas
Jun 13, 2006, 11:22 AM
Isn't releasing an OPEN beta test here in the US also a good marketing ploy? It's basically a free demo to get potential pc players hooked for the actual release in the coming months, rather than having to force customers buy the game just for a free 2 months/weeks trial (assuming there's some free live trial period when the game does come out).
I say PC beta only cause downloading a beta is way more accessable than imagining Sega including a demo disc in a magazine for PS2 or 360.

physic
Jun 13, 2006, 11:56 AM
many times betas are release primarily for marketing. you get peopel to play and get to like your game then they pay for it. they could easily do one in july and then release in october, because they will only make mild changes at best anyhow

kassy
Jun 13, 2006, 05:54 PM
PSO BB beta could hardly be considered a beta test, more of a marketing strategy, I mean PSO BB had zero advertising.

PSU doesn't really need a US beta, bigger profile game this time round, hopefully there'll be a good advertisement strategy and some good press nearer to the release. I understand everyone's want to get a taste of the game, but in my eyes October isn't really that far off. It’s possible, but I personally doubt there'll be a US beta,, if you'll notice Mr. Miyoshi said a US beta is up to the PR department, so who knows.

Just my opinion, I don't have any inside knowledge to back up my guess, so it's as good as yours http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Rider
Jun 13, 2006, 08:13 PM
Yeah there was a beta for PSO BB. I recall playing it and wishing I had a controller to play with instead of a keyboard. Even if there is a beta I might not try and get into it. Just make my first time logging into the game that much more exciting. That and I dislike the idea of working on something that will only be deleted in the future, unless they decide to let you keep characters. But thats even assuming there is going to be a beta. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif