PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Seen...

Xian_Lee
Jun 10, 2006, 07:37 PM
I haven't found any information on this yet, but has anyone seen (or heard news confirming) the existence of red boxes. Sure, all good RPGs have rare items, but if there are no red boxes to hunt... what will I do!?

I have yet to see any enemy to drop an item in the videos, and I'm slightly concerned.

Dhylec
Jun 10, 2006, 08:07 PM
Welcome. ;]
If you concern about there are no red boxes & thus no rares, then you are worrying too much. PSU is bound to pack with rares, the same amount or even more than PSO's.

Most of what being shown aren't everything. In fact, I think they are just the typical stuff that are quite easily found or bought. The best is yet to come. ;D

DizzyDi
Jun 10, 2006, 08:07 PM
Calm yourself down. Rare items are pretty much garunteed. Even though they haven't made an apperance in any of the videos. Remember, it was just beta, and it didn't have everything that will be included in the full game. Like you said, all good RPGs have rare items. I challenge you to name ONE console RPG that doesn't have rare items.

Inazuma
Jun 10, 2006, 08:54 PM
the closed beta had rares.

well, sorta. some of the items that dropped were a red color. plus it would announce who recieved the item when it was picked up. but the closed beta's "rares" were stuff like scape doll, motoob truffle, etc. no weps or armors or stuff like that.

maybe they just did it that way for the beta b/c it had no real rares in it. the full ver may be more of what we would come to expect.

RoninJoku
Jun 10, 2006, 09:59 PM
They still use a star based rare system like PSO (where 0-8 stars is common and 9-12 stars are rares) And just like PSO, it displayed 9 stars on common items, and held a little bit of space reserved for the 3 remaining stars... Because of this I'm almost positive they will use the same 9-12 star measurements for rare items...

Keyeszx
Jun 10, 2006, 11:16 PM
kingdom of paridise doesn't have any rares i think im pretty sure of it

Kamica
Jun 11, 2006, 01:38 AM
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2273/psu1222kr.th.jpg (http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psu1222kr.jpg)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kamica on 2006-06-10 23:40 ]</font>

Tycho
Jun 11, 2006, 02:43 AM
Yeah, what Kamica said; 'rares' start at seven stars this time around. I assume this will mean regular drops in even the hardest areas will reach only five to six stars, because otherwise there would be a message stating an item has been found every single time someone picks up a box. >_>;

DarthTyranus
Jun 11, 2006, 04:34 AM
Well that's true, the BETA was only at its earliest stages after all. Maybe 7*'s+ will appear as a Red Box, or they'll appear as normal boxes with more *'s on it.