PDA

View Full Version : Wimp Supreme.

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Jun 10, 2006, 08:27 PM
This is not really much of a rant, but more like a warning on the risks of bringing up your kids on a sheltered way of life. Parents Beware, you might be setting up your kid to be a bonafied grade A+ wimp for the rest of his existence...

Today I decided to pay a visit to my brother, now some of you might not know about my family background but to put it simply; they live a very pampered lifestyle. Now my brother has 2 kids, a little girl in her early two's, very shy and the eldest one being a boy six years of age and extremely tall for his age, he easely measures four feet and a half in height and has a great love for video games, now this little account deals more with the boy.

The house is completly sealed from the outdoors and is cooled with air conditioning, the kid is sitting on the sofa playing Mario Kart on his Gameboy DS while his father and I were talking small talk and drinking coffee. Now all of the sudden the kid jumps off the sofa screeming and screeching at the top of his lungs, runs completly out of control dropping his DS hard against the ground, breaking it, and then proceeds to keep running at top speed throught the hallway and then slamming himself with a loud thud against his mother's bedroom door and falling to the floor with a full blown panic attack.

I could have never imagined what fueled that reaction from a kid, know what created the sudden outburst ? Epilectic attack ? No. Needle in the sofa ? No. Him loosing in the game ? No. What was it then ?

A mosquito, a tiny freaking bug... Turns out the mosquito landed for a moment on the kids leg, the kid saw it and went to a panic attack.

FREAKING HELL, THE MOSQUITO DID NOT EVEN BIT HIM !! IT ONLY LANDED ON HIS LEG FOR 2 SECONDS !!

Consequences ? A badly bruised kid and a broken DS. All becuase the kid had not even seen a bug in his entire life, and did not know how to deal with the new home invader -__-

So parents...
If you don't want your kids to be a wimp or an overgrown baby.Don't bring your kids up to a sheltered life, introduce them to the world we live in !! Geez !!

navci
Jun 10, 2006, 08:30 PM
Nasca: ._.
That is the only thing I can say. Even -I- the king of overreaction to bugs, will not react to mosquito like that. Well. Prolly "AHH" then proceed to kill it before it kill me! IT IS A BUG EAT BUG WORLD!

hm. Ya.
I am just glad Lily is gonna be so much more awesome than that.

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Jun 10, 2006, 08:35 PM
You know, the fact that Lily and the boy are related is the thing that hurts me most, I can just picture Lily when she is three teasing that boy when his 9 and maybe 6 feet tall with a roach on her hands.

navci
Jun 10, 2006, 08:37 PM
On 2006-06-10 18:35, Lone_Wolf_Nasca wrote:
You know, the fact that Lily and the boy are related is the thing that hurts me most, I can just picture Lily when she is three teasing that boy when his 9 and maybe 6 feet tall with a roach on her hands.

The thing is tho. I like that mental picture. I think it is awesome.

The sad thing is.
I will prolly wimper with a roach. :<

ABDUR101
Jun 10, 2006, 09:37 PM
Well, atleast you are raising your kids properly to deal with these kinds of things. Kinda made me chuckle hearing about it, regardless. =]

Hrigg
Jun 10, 2006, 11:00 PM
I admit I do not like bugs, but I would just swat the mosquito. >_>

I hope I don't shelter my kids like that. >_>

PJ
Jun 11, 2006, 12:11 PM
I'm afraid to see what that kid will do when he hits puberty o_o

And I thought I was sheltered. Seriously, never seen a bug?

I personally have a thing against spiders, but man, if I did that everytime there was a spider while I was on the toilet... XD

Solstis
Jun 11, 2006, 12:24 PM
Could be phobic?

darthsaber9x9
Jun 11, 2006, 03:27 PM
To be fair, at six, if you're really scared of something then it's almost an understandable reaction. If the kid was 12 then yeah, but at six I think it still isnt too unreasonable.

But on the whole, I agree, sheltering parents suck balls.